“Not as good as it was”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Columbia, Maryland
“Not as good as it was”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have stayed at this property many times and it is clearly starting to show wear and tear. It is time for some rehab of the furniture and the equipment. I also had an issue quite a while ago when something came up missing in the room and the hotel could not find it or identify how it came up missing.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William746
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations on your last visit. We are in the age of the property where updates are being planned and are doing our best to keep the property up to the high standards you would expect. I hope you will give us another opportunity should you return to the area,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it has changed names a few times. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any Hyatt but I highly recommend this one. The room is very nice, large and comfortable. I have stayed at many places in Baltimore but this may be the best. There are also a lot of new places to eat close by and G&Ms is a short 5 min drive that the shuttle will also take you.

The room has a nice living room area with comfortable couch, kitchen area separated from the bedroom. There is a vanity sink and a separate bathroom. For a couple it would be very large, for a business traveler it is top notch!!!

YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO STAY HERE, GREAT PLACE!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NEFANMAN
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be returning soon.
York Haven
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good location near the bwi airport. Excellent staff and pleasant disposition. Staff greeted us like welcoming back family! It was great. The room is similar to other Hyatt Place hotels with a sitting area, coffee station and separate bedroom area. The bathroom was small and tight, but ok. If you need an overnight hotel location before or after a flight this is a great place to land.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator…less noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and service. I will be sure and sure your comments with the staff. I hope you will be returning soon!
Boston
Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you expect to work while staying here find another hotel. During my stay the internet went down for a few hours and even when it was up was extremely slow. This was unfortunate because my room was large and comfortable and the free breakfast was superior to the free breakfasts at every other similar hotel I've stayed at. So, if you don't care about internet connectivity I recommend this hotel. If you do, find somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RKDuke
Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast. I apologize for the issues with the WiFi. Your problems actually may have been caused by upgrades to the system. Not sure of your exact stay dates, but we have added additional capacity along with other work over the last two weeks. We have more upgrades planned as soon as the provider can get our fiber cable from the street to the building. I hope you will stay with us in the future and I am sure you will see noticeable improvements to the WiFi.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

There was only one challenge this trip. Check in staff were not truthful about what rooms were ready, it was 3:00 pm, and I had to seek out housekeeping staff to confirm my suspicion that the rooms I wanted were ready. Housekeeping are awesome here and it's the second time they came to my assistance. The shuttle drivers, Dern and Anthony are the only ones who go out of their way and HELP, GUIDE and HELP again. Jus delightful. Thank you Leta too!

Room Tip: ALWAYS go to housekeeping at this hotel. They will tell you which rooms have less wear and tear and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank P M
Thank you for your review, great to hear this is your second review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay again and will be sure and share your comments with the drivers.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 March 2014

When you walk in to your room, it's huge!!! My brother and I wanted to go swimming and It was closed but that's fine haha. I just bought a wrap and it was really good. I have been here for about an hour and I really like this place. I would defiantly recommend it to someone who is looking for a hotel near the airport.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed the room. Unfortunately county regulations require us to have a lifeguard on duty when the pool is open. Since our business is primarily corporate and guests traveling in and out of the airport, we rarely have any use during the week. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will be returning soon.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We needed a quick, close to airport hotel and this place fit the bill. The hotel has a free airport shuttle. We arrived at 11:30pm, so we called to see if the shuttle was still running. The gentleman on the phone was very pleasant and said he'd be there in 15 minutes (and he was). I'm glad we called too because it was crazy with traffic and people at the hotel transfer bus loading zone and if our driver wasn't looking for us, he totally could have missed us (and us him!).
The lady at the front desk was super friendly and cheerful. We asked about cab service for the morning and she right away called and made a reservation for us. She said if we hadn't made a reservation, it could take 25-30 minutes to wait for one. Sure enough, the cab was waiting for us the next morning. We also found out having a local order a cab got us a better rate than us getting one on our own (we learned this the hard way on our return trip to the airport a few days later).
The room was very comfortable and bigger than expected. The layout of the room was very smart.
We were pleasantly surprised with the very large breakfast selection (hot and cold items) and the food was very decent.
We stayed at a different hotel on our return trip and wished we had booked this one instead.

Room Tip: If you need a cab the next day, have the front desk call for one the night before.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind and very helpful review. I am sure your fellow Trip Advisor readers will appreciate your tips, all accurate and useful. Thank you again and I hope you will be returning soon.