“Repeat Stay Not a Repeat Experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
PA
“Repeat Stay Not a Repeat Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have previously stayed at this property on several occasions for both business and prior to flying out of BWI for vacations. On this particular stay, the front desk staff was less than welcoming at check-in and really made me feel as though my corporate business was an inconvenience to them. This is despite being the only person checking in at the time. It took three sets of keys, two trips to the front desk and nearly 45 minutes to actually get into the room. Once in the room, everything was fine as usual- quiet, comfortable, and clean. I did find it odd that there were no blankets or a comforter for the bed though given that the NE is just coming off of a harsh winter, and it was in the 40's outside. Breakfast in the morning was nicely presented as usual. My bill, however, reflected that I had been charged two times for the same room on the same night. This necessitated another trip to the front desk. Overall, a very convenient hotel, but the mood was just not as welcoming and professional as in the past! I did appreciate the front desk team member who comped my dinner after hearing my frustration with the initial front desk reps!

Room Tip: Being away from the elevators is a good choice for light sleepers!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HHMR H
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed that service was not what should be expected on this trip. I am surprised by this since we have a fairly low turnover of Gallery Hosts and would expect your experience to be consistent with what you experienced in the past . I will be sure and share your comments as this is certainly not the experience we are aiming to provide. I am glad the rest of your stay was comfortable and hope you will continue to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Great rooms, large and comfy. Great pillow top beds. VERY good breakfast included. We enjoyed a couple of beers and flatbread pizza at the lobby bar at midnight. Offering food 24/7 was a plus for us, as Ruby Tuesdays next door had closed by the time we checked in. We pricelined this room at half the published rate and got it, for what we felt, was a great value. It's not a five star hotel, but it is very nice and the staff was great. For the market they are serving, they deserve a five star review.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thane P
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy we met your needs and I agree that offering food 24/7 is a great amenity to offer. I hope you will be returning soon!
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

What an amazing staff, everyone was beyound super nice. We had booked a stay for a Monday but because of the predicted weather we decidied to come a day early. They noy only made accomidations the even gave me a better rate ! The Propertry was in a great location close to Downtown Baltimore and one a hop skip and a jump from the Mall and Casino.
Super clean and the rooms are Huge. This is the kind of place that makes travel easy !!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Petevabch
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate the positive comments. I hope you will be returning soon.
Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have stayed at this property many times and it is clearly starting to show wear and tear. It is time for some rehab of the furniture and the equipment. I also had an issue quite a while ago when something came up missing in the room and the hotel could not find it or identify how it came up missing.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William746
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations on your last visit. We are in the age of the property where updates are being planned and are doing our best to keep the property up to the high standards you would expect. I hope you will give us another opportunity should you return to the area,
NEW HAMPSHIRE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it has changed names a few times. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any Hyatt but I highly recommend this one. The room is very nice, large and comfortable. I have stayed at many places in Baltimore but this may be the best. There are also a lot of new places to eat close by and G&Ms is a short 5 min drive that the shuttle will also take you.

The room has a nice living room area with comfortable couch, kitchen area separated from the bedroom. There is a vanity sink and a separate bathroom. For a couple it would be very large, for a business traveler it is top notch!!!

YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO STAY HERE, GREAT PLACE!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NEFANMAN
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be returning soon.
York Haven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good location near the bwi airport. Excellent staff and pleasant disposition. Staff greeted us like welcoming back family! It was great. The room is similar to other Hyatt Place hotels with a sitting area, coffee station and separate bedroom area. The bathroom was small and tight, but ok. If you need an overnight hotel location before or after a flight this is a great place to land.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator…less noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and service. I will be sure and sure your comments with the staff. I hope you will be returning soon!
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you expect to work while staying here find another hotel. During my stay the internet went down for a few hours and even when it was up was extremely slow. This was unfortunate because my room was large and comfortable and the free breakfast was superior to the free breakfasts at every other similar hotel I've stayed at. So, if you don't care about internet connectivity I recommend this hotel. If you do, find somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RKDuke
Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast. I apologize for the issues with the WiFi. Your problems actually may have been caused by upgrades to the system. Not sure of your exact stay dates, but we have added additional capacity along with other work over the last two weeks. We have more upgrades planned as soon as the provider can get our fiber cable from the street to the building. I hope you will stay with us in the future and I am sure you will see noticeable improvements to the WiFi.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,285 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington I...
#24 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!