“Good Hotel...pleasant experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
hartford, connecticut
“Good Hotel...pleasant experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Check in was a breeze. Excellent customer service from entire staff from Housekeeping to
Breakfast staff. Breakfast was more than "continental breakfast" by far. You had to go early to avoid the "groups" which caused lines to form. Spacious lobby/breakfast seating areas. Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Wendy's near hotel. Convenience store near the movie theater on other side of Hyatt Place parking lot. Hotel located in industrial area (with sidewalks) so it's very convenient for exercise walking. Elevators could use an update. Very slow when you have "charter group" of guests with luggage. Hotel was clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tracey C
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. As I mentioned in an earlier response, it is the season for groups and I hope it was not too much of an inconvenience. I hope you will be returning soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nothing really outstanding about this place. Probably needs an update but it still is decent. Breakfast was pretty good if you could get to it. There was a large school group there the second morning I was there and the line was long. Rooms are spacious. Front desk staff varied from very nice to apathetic. Its close to a movie theater which was nice for me not having a car. Not much else around there though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Timmy485
Thank you for your review. It is the season for groups and apologize if the groups disrupted your stay. I will be sure and share your comments with the staff, overall not the consistency I would expect. Thank you again, and I hope you will return soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The entire staff was absolutely professional and accommodating from beginning to end. Moreover, the hotel lobby, dining area, halls, and above all, suites were always spotless.

I highly recommend this hotel...

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review, it makes my day to read such a positive comment. I hope you will be returning soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions and have always been pleased. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful. What impresses me most are the employees that are here. They are consistent, they are warm and friendly and I know I always have a reason to laugh.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review and I will be sure and share your kind comments with the staff. I hope you will be returning soon.
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stay at this hotel a few times throughout the year. We use the park and fly promotion.

Upon checking in, the front desk employees were super friendly and very courteous. We had no problems with the check in. The next morning we were taken to the airport via their shuttle. Once again, the driver was very courteous and the check out was fine. Very friendly employees upon checking in and checking out.

When we arrived back to BWI we called for a pick up. I was on hold for over 10 minutes then someone picked up the phone and hung up on me, so I had to call back. After another 10 minutes on hold, I finally was able to schedule a pick up. The clerk that I spoke with was NOT friendly at all. I felt that I was "bothering her" with my phone call.

We waited and waited and finally the driver showed up, but he took other guests which made the shuttle bus full. Rather than wait another 15-30 minutes, we decided to take a taxi back to the hotel. Of course we had to pay for this out of our own pocket b/c I didn't want to wait. I do not feel that this was the driver's fault at all. He was only doing his job.

There are so many hotels in the area that offer park 'n fly. We will be choosing one of the other hotels on our next trip to BWI.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry your return trip was disappointing. I hope that being you enjoyed your first stay you would give us another opportunity to show that this was not a typical experience.
maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at multiple Hyatt properties and this one looks about the same as most Hyatt Places. It was centrally located to many different things and was clean. The problem came in though in the morning. Being platinum members of Hyatt we get late check out which is noon. So the first knock at 9 on the door we told housekeeping we were not ready. Then at 11 they knocked again and I explained we weren't checking out until noon. Then 15 minutes later they knocked again. There should be a better way to communicate to the housekeeping staff who has late check out. I recognize they have a job to do as well but knocking three times is a bit much.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for the review and I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the housekeeper knocking on the door and will be sure and address this with the staff. Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt and hope you will be returning soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed at a half dozen Hyatt Place hotels and they are consistently nice and roomy with a good TV to watch. Two negatives on the room: 1)The HVac was pretty loud and the room didn't have a wall thermostat which most HP's have. 2) the shower was not that nice compare to other hotels in the chain.

Front desk service was very nice and they gave me a bottle of Diet Pepsi because of my Gold Passport status.

I actually was at the convention center in DT for meetings and the hotel bus took me to the local rail station. It was then 20 minutes and $3 RT to all of the downton meeting spots. I saved a bundle of money by staying out here near the airport.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the hvac noise and bathroom condition. I am hopeful that renovations of the bathrooms will be in the near future and we are making hvac maintenance a priority as we head into summer. Thank you again for the review and hope you will return soon,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,286 reviews
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North
Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport
Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport
#9 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,145 reviews

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!