“nice hotel,good price”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
camp hill, pa
“nice hotel,good price”
Reviewed 13 December 2010

stayed here the night before an early morning flight,...room was nice,clean and modern,staff was friendly,they also had a decent free continental breakfast set up at 4:30 am down by the lobby,...great bang for the buck "spent about 90 on orbitz and got a nice room,free airport shuttle,and was able to park at the hotel all week till we got back"

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
I would like to thank you for your nice comments regarding my hotel. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again on any future flights out of the BWI Airport.

Hyatt Place BWI Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Decatur, AL
Reviewed 8 November 2010

If you have stayed at a Hyatt Place, this is pretty much the same setup. Excellent comfy beds, nice flat panel tv which can be seen from either the bed or living area, very contemporary feel. We only stayed one night and it was awesome. The only reason I didn't give it all 5 stars was the distance from Washington DC. If you are travelling into BWI to visit DC, don't stay here, as the trip between the metro and buses takes almost 45 mins. AND if you miss the last bus to the airport (where the hotel shuttle will pick you up for free), it is a $45 cab ride from the Metro Greenline Station to the hotel. Not good after a long day of sightseeing. Otherwise, the hotel is great and once again, we are very pleased with Hyatt Place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my hotel and the Hyatt Place Brand. It is nice to hear when we have positively effected one of our guests. I am sorry that you felt the trip to Washington D.C. was too far a distance to travel. We do quite a bit of business with travelers wanting to visit the Baltimore/Washington D.C. metro areas.

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place as your hotel of choice!

410/859-3366
nj
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Take hotel shuttle to BDI and from there board the light rail to Camden Yards or the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
I want to thank you for your kind words regarding my hotel. It is nice to hear when we have successfully performed our jobs. We look forward to your return visit!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stay at Hyatt Place hotels quite a lot on business travel. This particular location was just a bit shabbier than the usual, which is why I felt it appropriate to report. There is definitely an issue with the heating/cooling in the hotel. The rooms are self set temperature controlled, but the hallways and common area are not. Those spaces were extremely warm and damp. And they smelled a bit musty as a result. Also, I had a quesadilla in the bar area that was definitely not great. I've had the same at other Hyatt Places and not been disappointed.

Anyway, nothing too terribly awry, but not the best showing of this lower-cost brand for Hyatt.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered at my hotel. We did have a problem with the public space HVAC units as I had one out in the hallway of the 6th floor as well as the lobby unit was out as well. These were both repaired after your stay and all public spaces were then cooled appropriately. I also would like to apologize for the Food experience that you encountered. We have retrained our Gallery Hosts on how to correctly make the Hyatt Place Quesadilla.

I do hope that you give us another opportunity to service you in the future!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I love the Hyatt Place brand for its value and amenities and all are pretty much the same - free Wifi, good-sized rooms with large sectional sofa, a substantial workdesk and huge flatscreen TV. The service at this location was exceptional, with people greeting you and friendly (you can tell that the employees enjoy working there). The rooms were pretty clean, but you can tell that the hotel is older and was redone.

Now on to the quirks of this particular Hyatt Place, which made this rating more of a 3.5 instead of a 4 star. We were here in the worst heat wave with about 90% humidity outside. Either the hotel was not equipped to handle this weather or something was wrong with their A/C system, but it was extremely humid in the lobby, hallway and inside our room. The humidity was so bad, that we had to blast the A/C all night long and the sheets felt moist and we felt uncomfortably sticky all day. I am complaining mainly because I think being in a humid hotel is a health hazard as mold and mildew will easily grow in this type of environmental and I had really bad allergies while staying here. If you are coming here during winter months, I guess this place would be okay, except all the mildew from the summer still lingers making it a miserable place for those with allergies. Each room had one of those wall A/C units and don't seem to dehumidify very well. So be forewarned! Sorry Hyatt Place Baltimore! Although you guys were very nice, your hotel needs to be checked for good ventilation!

Another quirk was that the Cable TV reception was pretty bad and grainy unless you are looking at OnDemand or Digital channels.

What was so weird was that the fitness room (which was pretty nice except they didn't have free weights) was FREEZING COLD but all other areas were humid and dank. Even the receptionist area had a fan blowing. It was good that the the fitness room is open 24 hours, but the swimming pool had strange hours. It was only open 5-9pm on the weekdays, truly serving mainly business travellers.. As far as the location, the place is off the 295 freeway in a corporate park, so not much around except for a Bob Evans and Ruby Tuesday restaurants in the parking lot. There is a 24 hour food service/Starbucks coffee that you can order in their kitchen, which is nice if you are checking in late and need a bite or some coffee. The continental breakfast that is free is for those who like light breakfasts like cereal, toast, bagels and coffee. If you want eggs, you ahve to pay for that. All Hyatt Places are this way..

Just a 5-10 minute drive away is the Arundel Mills outlet mall which is huge and has a good number of restaurants (try Chevy's for TexMex and gigantic portions!!!). Also, it is about a 10-15 minute drive into downtown Baltimore. Overall, this place is good, but not good for people with allergies or in the summertime!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MyleenAustin
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
I would like to apologize to you as we were having a problem with both our 1st floor hallway HVAC unit and our 6th floor hallway HVAC unit. our 1st floor has been repaired and we are still awaiting a custom ordered compressor for the 6th floor. Once this is up and running our lobby area will be less sticky and more comfortable.

Pool hours are geared toward the use by the majority of our guests as we are required to have a Life Guard on duty in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

Thank you for your comments.

Jekyll Island, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2010

While I stay at Hyatt Place's whenever I can, this one unfortunately is not one of their best. It was originally an Ameris Suites when the Hyatt took over. The decor and room layouts are exactly like every other Hyatt Place which is consistently very nice and comfortable. However, this one falls down in the ratings for its service. Breakfast set-up is very erratic -- some days on time, others late. During this latest visit, had a hard time finding someone to work at the desk in order to check-out. Plus, the hotel has decided to start automatically adding a daily charge for a paper, not even asking if you want one. When I first started staying here, papers were delivered right to your room. They then transitioned to having them in the lobby, now you get charged for a paper whether you want one or not. What's up with that???? Oh and when this hotel first opened, you got free Starbucks coffee with breakfast. Now they give you Seattle's Best -- not the same. This change is unfortunately not just at this property, but Hyatt Place wide. The location is ideal for my business trips and really close to BWI which keeps me coming back. There are many hotels in this area, some newly built, in which to choose from. I think Hyatt needs to put some extra effort into this property to bring it back to its previous high standards.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
I wanted to apologize for the service opportunities that you encountered at my hotel. I would like to clarify the "charge" for the newspapers. We offer to refund to Gold Passport members, $1 for the delivery of the Wall Street Journal to their rooms if they do not wish to receive it - this is a brand standard not an individual property decision.
We did make the switch from complimentary Starbucks coffee to Seattle's Best coffee approximately one year ago. As you stated this was also a brand decision to do so.
I do hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you the next time that you are in the Baltimore/Washington area.

New Jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The room was large with a huge flat screen TV, a sofa and ottoman, desk, and refrigerator and 2 sinks. Nice size bathroom.
We used this hotel for a park and ride to the airport. They have shuttles
Website below

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
I wanted to apologize for the service issues that you seemed to encounter while a guest of my hotel. Our breakfast must be out by 6am every morning here at my hotel. Due to our local business demands most mornings our breakfast is put out by 5:30am minus the new hot item that has been intorduced.
We do not charge you additionally for a newspaper. We do, however, offer to refund the cost of the paper to you if you so choose. This is done because they are complimentary and not everyone wants to be charged for something that they do not use. This is a Hyatt Select Standard that we must follow just like the switch to Seattle's Best Coffee.

I do hope that I have the opportunity to meet you the next time that you are in the Baltimore/Washington Corridor.