Little Orleans Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Little Orleans
See available hotels
View Hotel
Berkeley Springs Motel(Berkeley Springs)
View Hotel
Cacapon Resort State Park(Berkeley Springs)
Hancock Motel(Hancock)
Four Seasons(Warfordsburg)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations at the Little Orleans Lodge. Not far from the trail. Everything was clean and the price was affordable. The owner Steve had some good stories to tell. After a hearty breakfast we were on the road again. Thanks Steve for going out of your way for us! We are forever grateful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank irish3801
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I decided that I wanted to bike the C & O Canal this past winter and because of weather had to change my route from west to east to east to west which meant that I had to find a spot to stay for the last night of my trip. After two days of cold wind, snow, rain, and mud, I pulled into Little Orleans Lodge and enjoyed an evening with Steve and John. The Lodge is clean, comfortable, and very convenient to the Canal. Like many of you I also read my reviews before leaving on my trip, but unlike some past visitors I came away with a very positive feeling about Little Orleans Lodge. I enjoyed my time talking with Steve and John and had a great breakfast before heading upstream to Cumberland. Enjoy your time in Little Orleans and good luck on the Canal!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank John K
Reviewed 31 December 2012

First of all, the location is perfect if you are hiking or biking on the C&O Canal trail or floating the Potomac. A historical building with additions for the lodging, this "lodge" is comfortable and charming like a B&B but without all the lace and flowers. The room night charges are entirely affordable and Steve the owner and his crew are fantastic people. Steve and his crew told me some people expect a traditional B&B and "concierge service" such as runs in to town for whatever they need. I don't think even traditional B&Bs do that, so I found this expectation a little unfair and apparently it resulted in some bad reviews. All the rooms were built out by Steve with real hardwood flooring and trim, the views are great and one suite has a porch that looks over a creek and a hillside. I can't wait to get back there!

Room Tip: Get the room with the balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Tony S S
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I got off the trail after biking all day and inquired at a local tavern about lodging. I was directed to Little Orleans Lodge about a half mile from the canal. The two gentlemen there were very nice. I had a beautiful clean room at a very fair price. The bathroom was clean and spacious. I slept very well after checking my laptop and had a good strong conection for being out in a remote location. I went to the dining area and found it homey and clean The table had cloth place mats and the food was served very promptly to my sitting down. The eggs bacon and french toast was great and served with orange juice and coffee. Steve & John gave me great info on the trail and had answers for all my questions. Reccomend the Little Orleans lodge to anyone in the area. I will return and make it a point to stop back for another wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have a good view of the area!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 260johna
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Excellent place, nice, remote location, yards from the C&O Canal. Steve was a funny and gracious host and even took us in his truck up to a fantastic nearby overlook that we would otherwise have missed and gave us the makings of a packed lunch for a hike in the surrounding woods.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a deck!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple