“Great place to stay!”

Adventure Bound Washington
Adventure Bound Washington
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This was the longest period of time that we stayed in one location. It was so nice: quiet, safe, lots of trees, had a nice fenced in dog run, lots of amenities for kids, walking trails. The staff was so nice & helpful..even gave us a weekly rebate rate when we stayed longer than we expected to! The staff was always working to keep it clean & the grounds well kept. Would definitely stay there again if we were going back to DC.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I would recommend this place to stay. Mr. Mark Duncan was a pleasure to deal with. The Hot water was hot and this place was convienent to Washington DC and the chesapeake bay. I had no issues and management was helpful. The place was very inexpensive to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Bath houses looked like they were not cleaned the whole weekend my family and I was there. They were disgusting! The pool water was turning green. The lifeguards were very unfriendly and did not seem to pay much attention to what was going on. They were on there cell phones most of the time. This place has really went downhill from the last time my family and I visited here!!

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Cole0809
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The location is very nice and the first impression was very good, but the restrooms en showers were not clean, maybe it's better to say, they were dirty. Reception, campstore and snackbar close at six and no one's left. A snackbar who close at six? Never seen that before.
At the second day they took our bbq tools and charcoal from the bbq (finally they cleaned something ;-) ) so we ended that day with bread, salad, and raw meat when we came back from DC. No fun! The pool is nice, except some bugs and flies in the water.
Anyway: I bet there are a lot of better alternatives for this campground.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Haha212
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I Stayed W/ My Family Who Came up From Florida. Wholee Right Round The Corner (.4 Miles). The Staff Was Very Friendly And Helpful. We Want To Stay There Even Though We Live Around The Corner! Our Bathroom In The RV Broke But It Was Very Clean And Convenient Bathroom Facilities. The Pool I Think Was My Childrens Favorite Part. I Loved The Whole ExperiencE. I Would Recommend Duncans Family Campground For ANd to Anyone. We Stayed In An RV And Need To Be Switched From The 30Amp hook-up To A 50Ampp Hookup. rThey Let Us Know In 30 Minutes If It Was Possible. Fortunately It Was. Thank You To Everyone At Duncans Family Campground For A Most Enjoyable Stay. Eventhough It Rained 90% Of The Time.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 June 2013

i brought my 2 daughters and their friends from Maine and stayed here for 5 nights to explore Washington DC and the surrounding area. Everyone at the campground was extremely friendly and helpful. The sites were large and the facilities were clean and in good working order and everyone staying there was very considerate. Probably the most quiet campground Ive ever been to. My only complaint would be that the store doesn't open until noon and the pool closes at 8pm. A very pleasant experience overall. Don't understand the poor reviews at all!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed here for memorial day weekend and it was AWESOME!! It was hard to get through the phones friday, but we got thru to very a nice young lady who was kind enough to let us knw our site was avail. They didn't even charge us for coming in before check-in! They had a movie friday night, a band saturday night and karake on sunday, plus bingo, crafts and s'mores for the kids too! There was always something to do and all of the staff is very friendly and helpful. Too bad the weather wasn't as nice tho! The pool was clsed friday, which we thought was kinda weird, but it was very cold. It was open on time saturday tho. Too cold for us, but the kids still enjoyed it. I think they could have done more activities for such a big weekend, but what they did was still a lot of fun, especially the cornhole tournament! We loved camping here and can't wait to go back at the end of the summer for labor day!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lothian
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Cherry Hill Park Campground
Cherry Hill Park Campground
#1 of 1 in College Park
Anchored Inn at Hidden Harbor

Been to Adventure Bound Washington? Share your experiences!