“Could be great place”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have been wanting a good chinese restaurant in Baltimore for a long time. All the good ones seem to be down in DC. About once every couple of months I find one to try out. The location was convenient - right off I83. The parking was easy. The food was average - there was nothing to distinguish it from the neighborhood carry out. The dining room was comfortable but felt past its prime. This must have been a nice place about 20 years ago but today it felt dated.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Inviting atmosphere as soon as you walk in. Enjoyed our table next to the large window facing the beautiful garden and stream. Very relaxing. Hubby kept hearing the low frequency and thumping noise of the air conditioner/heater or compressor...I did not hear it. But this was very distracting to him. Menu was large with lots of great choices. Prices were very high for Chinese food. Not from this area...so maybe that's the going rates?? Egg rolls were stuffed well and even had huge shrimp in it! It has been a long time since I have seen shrimp like that in my egg roll. That was nice but at the same time it was bland in taste. Service was excellent and managers visible. Liked all of that. Hubby and I split the main course of sweet and sour shrimp...our favorite dish. It was impressive...6 HUGE shrimp/prawns. Couldn't wait to dive into it! A few were a tad smelly, not very tasty unless it was covered in the sauce...and even that was a bit bland in flavor. I have to say our local place does this dish 10x's better. (And for $7 less). I think the 3 star rating of all the trip advisor reviews is/are accurate.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We dine frequently at Joey Chiu's Greenspring. The restaurant is excellent with superb food and service. The Shanghai-Wonton soup is memorable and with a salad can make a meal. Service is amazing with a super-competent staff. The restaurant is busy most evenings and especially Saturday evening, so reservations should be made well in advance. Oh, and the spice content of the dishes will be changed to fit your taste. During the day, seating in the front area provides a view of a small stream in a nicely lit room. A fun place to dine with great food.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

The hot and sour soup was very good, but the kum poa chicken was rather bland. However, the service was first rate, and the large, well lit dining areas made it very easy to have a conversation with the rest of our party. The portions were commensurate with the prices.

1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I selected the Asian chicken salad...lovely chicken on top, but not much else going for it. I like a lettuce variety, and the lettuce was fresh but without distinction, The menu was a tad bit disappointing as well--not much variety for a light lunch, I thought, Nice restaurant, though--lovely atmosphere if you sit by the window,