Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
US$203
  • Restaurant
US$101
HIExpress.com
All reviewsbare necessitiescustomer service at the front deskroom was cleanstay there againdecent hotelgoldiefairgroundsfridgebaltimorehousekeeperrricarpetac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After an incredibly horrid night at the Days Inn on Loch Raven Blvd in Towson, we spent 2 hours trying to find a hotel room for the remainder of our stay on a weekend when all rooms in town were booked. We called Red Roof PLUS, and the lady I talked to (I can't remember her name) was so nice and so helpful in helping us find accommodations. When we arrived about 10 minutes later, Goldie at the front desk allowed us to look at the room before we accepted it due to our disaster at the Days Inn. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and we didn't run out of hot water in the shower. And NO RATS in the parking lot. No one knocking on the door and no room change. Although there's no fridge and no breakfast, I don't mind sacrificing some things for comfort and a good night's sleep.

If you're looking for a place to stay, definitely stay at the Red Roof PLUS!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Management_209, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Iappreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Baltimore N/Timonium Red Roof Plus+

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had low expectations of this motel chain, but it turned out that the renovated rooms were pretty nice and well-suited to our modest purposes. We liked having the box of well-chosen treats in the room -- granola bars, orange juice, bottled water -- though since we stayed two nights, we were disappointed not to get a second box the second day (since we paid for it, presumably). Also annoying was having to ask to have the "safe charge" deleted upon checkout instead of upon check-in, when we told them we did not need it. There was a big storm and the power was out most of our second night -- no generator, apparently. But in general, the room was clean, up-to-date and had everything we needed at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter (traffic noise).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn for your hotel needs! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A last minute desperation reservation, and I discovered that Red Roof Inns, a chain I have NEVER stayed with before, has come up with a clever idea-a powerhouse, renovated, perfect room with absolutely no frills, and noticeably cheaper than the competition. You can upgrade it, if you really want breakfast, fridge, microwave, and the like, for an extra charge.

GREAT. All I wanted to do was sleep in peace and quiet with a place that sparkled. This was it. It was a five, for sure.

And then Red Roof needed an extra buck and a half. What dimwit came up with the brilliant idea of the delete-option safe? "I don't want a safe. I won't pay for use of a safe. I didn't hear about the safe until I walked in this office." "No problem, sir, we will happily delete the charge as you check out."

A childish imitation of actual marketing. All you did, folks was convince me that if I'm ever stupid enough to stay at a Red Roof Inn in the future, I can't trust you not to screw around with me.

Room Tip: Red Roof Inns thinks it's smarter than you are.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at!! Absolutely filthy, staff is rude and the manager does not care at all!! Do not waste your money here!!! Stay at the Baltimore north plaza hotel next door for only a few dollars more or for $10 more stay at the holiday inn. Would not recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank carbon89

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Baltimore N/Timonium Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Red Roof Inn - Timonium

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room was clean, with a comfy bed. Pillows were a bit thick & firm, really firm. No breakfast which I think they should fix, especially now that there's a "Plus" that your paying more for. Room was newly and nicely renovated.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela W

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apology for pillows.I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.