“Money well spent”

Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Nutley, New Jersey, United States
“Money well spent”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Have been here for the last 3 months. The Front Desk Staff and Housekeeping are friendly and helpful. Have not had any issues to date, the location is convenient with access to various stores and restaurants in a short distance, can even walk to the Post Office.
As I travel across the Country, I am hoping that my next Hotel is as compatible, and convenient, as this one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the Front Desk Staff and Housekeeping were friendly and helpful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Never stay here. The night desk person didn't feel like dealing with me. I checked in at 6am and told I could stay for 24 hours. I clarified with front desk attendant that I would not check in and pay $129 for just a few hours and she said "that's no problem, I will let my manager know." At 10:45 am I received a call that my credit card was declined and that unless I supplied them with an alternative credit card I had to leave in ten minutes. I was in tears as I had to gather all the supplies I had for my dog that is dying and who walks with a terrible limp. They say that dogs can stay there, but they didn't care about the health or well-being of my dog. Never stay here, terrible experience that only ended up causing my sick dog further pain and distress. Also the room was not clean, there were cigarette ashes in the toilet and on the bathroom counter. I had to clean the entire bathroom!! It was NASTY!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Annie N

Travellers are raving about these Lutherville Timonium hotels

Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We spent two nights there in September 2013. Except for the helpful staff, it was pretty dismal. First we were greeted by a sign on the door that threatened to call the police if noisy residents gathered outside. But without a lobby, where indeed do they gather to chat? No breakfast (you can't count coffee and muffins as a breakfast). No hairdryer in the room--you have to ask for one at the desk. A/C was noisy. Dinnerware is minimal, and included exactly one fork. No workout room. Decor is cheap looking, dark and depressing. The room had a faint, upleasant aroma. It seemed like a place one might go if one has been evicted or foreclosed upon. Not that it was cheap. We were charged $250 for two nights, a ridiculous amount considering what we got, or rather what we didn't get. A complaint and request for partial refund in their customer survey later yielded no response.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, or you'll hear those above you.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. To uphold our company's high standards, moving forward we will provide more information during our check in process such as what we offer for Grab n Go breakfast and what amenities we provide at the front desk.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at bti@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a basic hotel in an industrial area. It is handy to sights in the Lutherville/Timonium area such as the Maryland State Fair and Baltimore attractions.

The studio rooms are prefect for people who wish to hang their hat for a few nights and don't wish to spend a small fortune. The rooms were quiet. The services are few; towels, a small kitchenette, shower, television, WiFi. If you need items, there is a Mars supermarket a few miles away. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a grab and go breakfast consisting of coffee, muffins and granola bars. If you want more, you can go to Bob Evans which is near the hotel. Next time, I will bring a hairdryer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Eli - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the quietness of our guest rooms. I also was happy that you found our staff members helpful and kind.

Munich
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The staff is really kind and helpfully. Free wifi worked without Problems. No question about it...i would recommend this Hotel to every one. The rooms are clean and have kitchens. All was find during my stay and The General Manager was very Kind and helpfully to me.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for posting such a great review of our hotel. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel to be clean and staff friendly. I'm also very happy to hear that the General Manager was also helpful and kind.

Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I only stayed one night, but was charged for two. At check in, I did request a slightly later than normal check out. I was gone before my agreed to time. When I called the manager to request a credit I was told two silly things: 1. That it wasn't their fault that Visa automatically charged my account since I didn't come to the desk to check out, and 2. that because Visa automatically processed the charge that he was unable to issue a credit for the night I did not stay. He did acknowledge that he knew I had not stayed the 2nd night, however, he refused to correct the problem. I was given the number for the district manager who never called me back. I consider this theft and will NEVER trust this hotel or its chain ever again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nanette H
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My family and I have stayed here at the hotel for almost a year now and I feel like our stay here has not been a good one. To start the previous managers that were on staff were very unprofessional. They ofter said and did things that were definitely out of line. I dont think they were very tactful and ofter made my family and I very uncomfortable. I had to make several complaints to corporate about our stay. I also feel like there should be more amenities especially if you are staying over a long period of time. I do however like the convenience of the laundry room on site. Overall I dont think the service here was up to par.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tierra S
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The below par experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is will ensure that every issue is put on top of the priority list and resolve immediately. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sabrown@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lutherville Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium? Share your experiences!