Wades Point Inn on the Bay
St. Michaels Harbour Inn, Marina & Spa(St. Michaels)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$274
US$186
US$169
  • Beachfront
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
US$99
US$95
US$173
US$158
Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn(Stevensville)(Great Value!)
US$143
Sleep Inn(Grasonville)
US$100
US$90
SleepInn
Holiday Inn Express Kent Island(Grasonville)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$153
Oxford Inn(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$149
All reviewsgranolathe main housenewer buildingpaddle boardsget awaybreakfast roomnature trailmy husband and iquichelounge chairspeace and quiettilghman islandwalking trailsbaked eggsfresh fruitst michaelswatching the sunset
Reviewed 23 July 2006

My grandmother and I planned to stay in the St. Michaels area together, and decided to share a room rather than pay for two separate rooms. Wades Point had the best looking accomodations available with two beds in a room for the evening we stayed. The room itself was very nice. It was simply decorated, but the bedspread looked brand new. It looked just as it did on the website. However, the room was advertised as air conditioned. Granted, we were there on one of the hottest days of the summer, but the air conditioner simply could not cool the room. It was a difficult night of trying to sleep.
The workers who greeted us were able to recommend good places for dinner (Bay Hundred on the way into Tilghman Island was the one we chose); however, when we were given a tour of the main house where we were staying, there was a wasp in one room and a moth in our bedroom. My grandmother is deathly afraid of wasps and was constantly on the lookout for more during our stay. (There were some down by the docks.) The girl who gave us the tour was afraid of moths and wouldn't go near it. Our bathroom was not shared, but was located out in a main hallway, which wasn't a problem on the night we stayed. We did have a balcony with our room, but it was only accessible through the bathroom.
Some highlights - the sunset at night was gorgeous, absolutely. My grandmother and I were up before breakfast started at 8 and sat outside for a bit then as well. The muffins at breakfast, as other have noted, were fabulous - still warm. We were the only ones eating right at 8 and I took a bunch of muffins as that was all I wanted to eat. There was also some sort of granola, a little juice, an egg dish (not ready when we started eating), and some fruit. There were also some dinner rolls with marmalade. If you want a huge breakfast, choose somewhere else. Otherwise, just plan on an early lunch.
I would definitely recommend that, if you want to stay here, follow other's advice. Bring an alarm clock as those are not provided at all. Also, if you are coming on a hot night, call ahead and see if you can get switched to the Kemp Guest House (I think it has central air). Advice for the area: during the week, plan on shopping in St. Michaels from 10-5, and save any other activities for after 5. Town is deserted after 5 with only the restaurants and Justine's Ice Cream still open, even in summer!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank LabLover8
A TripAdvisor Member
Dumfries, VA
Reviewed 17 July 2006

The staff was nice, friendly and very accommodating to our needs. The room that we reserved didn't look anything like the photos on the web site. We reserved the Honey room, which on the website is a golden honey color. In reality, the room has no honey or even brown color at all. Don't get me wrong the room wasn't bad. It was clean and had a very beautiful view, but just wasn't what we reserved. The grounds of Wades Point are absolutely beautiful. The breakfast, although hot, wasn't that good. I did expect something a little better from a Bed & Breakfast. I would rate it just below a McDonalds... I did learn when looking for a Bed and Breakfast ask for current photos of the room prior to putting the plastic down. My overall rating would have to be a 5 for the room and an 8 for the scenery. I will go to the area again just not back to Wades Point.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2006

I think if you read the reviews you get a good idea of the best points--the grounds and the architecture--and the worst points--the paultry breakfast. It seems strange to me that the property wouldn't take note of this one bad point and simply change it. Anyway, we dealt with the breakfast thing and moved along into relaxing outside in hammocks, or kayacking around. It was pretty, peaceful, and the owner was very nice. I noticed the religious stuff here and there, but I didn't find it overwhelming. Kinda "whatever" if you ask me.

But here is one thing that in my opinion is a biggie: They have a flea-bitten, tick-infested stray cat that is a very aggressive begger and the owners dog is always present. I am an animal lover--but not when I am trying to have lunch outside on a picnic table and the scankie cat is jumping up on the table and the dog is yelping non-stop. It was a real drag. And yes, they need to tell their cleaning people that the balconies are part of the room and should be cleaned. Not too much to ask.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank LisaJ7676
Reviewed 7 June 2006

We recently stayed at the Inn for only one night. It truly is a beautiful, quiet and relaxing location that is quite special. The main house is beautiful and the property location is spectacular. We enjoyed relaxing/reading while sitting on the lawn lounge chairs. Nice location to enjoy a bottle of wine. We stayed in the newer building and, although very clean and pleasant, thought the room was nothing really special. The view from the balcony certainly made up for this. I agree that the breakfast was very basic. We arrived about 40 minutes prior to the end of breakfast and seemed to get the last of the scrambled eggs. The muffins were home made and really good. Fruit was good and that was about all of it. We have stayed at many B&B's in Cape May, NJ and this breakfast was so very basic as compared with the Cape May Inns. It was adequate for me because this is all I really want for breakfast but it was skimpy. We stayed our second night in St. Michael's at the Inn at Perry Cabin and it cost us $100 more per night there but is a world apart. I also loved the setting at the Perry Cabin. It was also quiet and tranquil and you could walk everywhere. It is really worth the extra money if you want something special. If you want a totally quiet setting you will love the Wade's Point Inn.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank Michelle Anne
Reviewed 19 December 2005

A childhood friend and I stayed at Wade's Point last October for R&R. We both thought it was absolutely perfect. Isolated, magnificent grounds, gorgeous main house, lovely accommodations. We both travel a lot, and we just couldn't think of a way this place could be improved. It was splendid.

• Stayed: October 2005