All reviewsthe main housegranolanewer buildingpaddle boardsget awaynature trailbreakfast roommy husband and icrab meattilghman islandlawn chairsbaked eggsst michaelsfresh fruitwatching the sunsetsmall kitchenettekemp house
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the end of June. We had a wonderful time! The property is very spread out. We swam in the bay, which was wonderful. There are bikes and kayaks to use. The breakfasts were large and sumptuous. One weird thing is that the plates are tiny, but you can go up as many times as you'd like. The town of St Michaels, about 5 miles away, is quaint and charming. We've been to a number of B & Bs over the years, and this one was definitely one of the nicest! :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jona1977
Beth W, Manager at Wades Point Inn on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for writing up such a lovely description of your stay with us, Jon! It's so wonderful to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time at our B&B so much. It certainly sounds like you two took advantage of everything this location has to offer! Thanks again for your compliments, and keep us in mind for the next time you need to get away.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Wades Point Inn is situated in an absolutely beautiful area of the Chesapeake Bay. Our room was large and was well appointed. Breakfast was great....buffet style. If you need a place to relax and bring down your blood pressure, this is it. We will definitely visit again. The Inn's hosts were helpful. Most of the people staying there kept to themselves. We road bikes and used their kayaks. I did have a 17-year-old with us and though she thought the place was beautiful, it was not for her. No TVs (which I didn't miss at all!). Thank goodness there was internet for our teen. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 rating was that some of the bathroom amenities could be a better quality. Being where it's located, we also had various small flying bugs in our room. I still would go back, however.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna B

We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in St. Michaels, Donna! It certainly sounds like you had an incredibly relaxing time. We so appreciate your taking the time to leave us some compliments and feedback -- it's always a pleasure to hear from our guests. If there's anything else we might've done to make your stay more comfortable, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We'd happily host you again, so keep us in mind!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our family retreat was WOW! The guest room interior is old fashioned and simple. Old mattresses with average sleep quality. It came from our view of point. I asked my family about their opinion. Their opinion is same mine. There is no TV! It is good for everyone without TV. We needed a break from TV and enjoyed the nature what God and Wades Point Inn offered to us. FYI, there are no jaccuzzi and no spa service. They offer free rental bicycles. But there is no LALALA! No music...
Breakfast was unforgettable and yummy! Yogurt, milk, cream, and bacon were brought from local farms! We enjoyed playing with turtles and horses.
Beware of surprising fees! They'd charge you for a third person or fourth person if you bring extra people. They usually charge you administrative or service fees.

Room Tip: Ask Betsy about that.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Beth W, Manager at Wades Point Inn on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We're so happy to hear that you and your family had a relaxing stay with us! It's so wonderful to know that the peace and quiet of a hotel without TVs appeals to you. Thank you for your lovely compliments about our breakfast! However I want to apologize if you felt at all surprised by the charges for having extra people in the rooms. This is standard practice, and state-wide regulations set capacity guidelines and require us to charge for additional persons. There must have been some kind of miscommunication, as we'd have been very upfront about the costs if we knew how many people would be staying in the rooms. Regardless, we're very pleased to know that you enjoyed yourself, and we hope that you'd consider coming back to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hospitality is on par with the views! We spent the weekend there and love it. Breakfast was delicious, rooms were clean and nice, staff was awesome and very accommodating. Felt like we were staying with friends. Walked the property and watched the sun set over the bay. Had kayak and bike options at our disposal.
Only downside was the room was very tight (Daydream room) but that wasn't a factor as we were really only in there to sleep and get changed before heading into St. Michaels.
We will come back for sure

Room Tip: DayDream room seemed to be a good value with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beth W, Manager at Wades Point Inn on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thanks for your terrific review, Joe! We're so glad you felt so at home with us, and we'd be more than happy to welcome you back. Yes the victorian wing rooms are small but what a view from the bed right?! We do have the Daydream and the Honey room on the list to renovate, hopefully this winter, and we'll try to get a tad more space into the room as well as an attached bathroom. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

All the best,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I can't say enough about the amazing time that we spent at this beautiful, historic, welcoming inn. My husband and I were looking for a respite from the day-to-day stresses and fast-paced lifestyle. Wades Point Inn by the Bay far exceeded our expectations! From the moment you drive onto the property, you are immersed in a setting that is serene, quiet, peaceful, and extraordinarily beautiful. I happened to think that the breakfasts were delicious--home cooked, a wide variety of hot and cold items to choose from, and more than we could possibly want. I was particularly fond of the homemade blueberry pancakes, grits, and locally harvested oatmeal. On the other hand, my husband preferred the scrumptious crab and egg dish , sausage, and homemade waffles. I saw first-hand how accommodating the staff was--in addition to the homemade sugar cookies they set out for guests, they also added a gluten-free choice to meet the dietary needs of one of their guests.

The scenery and the ambiance of this lovely historic mansion is the real draw for us. We stayed in the Victorian summer wing built in the early 1800s. It is like stepping back in time to another era. The views are extraordinary. How many Inns are surrounded on three sides by water? Every guest has a stunning view of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay and it is something to behold. If you are looking for a quaint Inn that offers beautiful views and a calming, peaceful setting, then this is for you. It is all about rest and relaxation here. They do offer bikes and kayaks for the exercise enthusiasts, but it is all about doing "nothing" for me. That is why we chose to stay here and that is exactly what was delivered.

As if this beautiful historic inn and the incredible waterfront view weren't enough, the staff and owners are gracious and accommodating hosts. Everyone was so kind... Especially Beth! She is the type of person who you feel immediately connected with. Her warm smile, willingness to please her guests, and in-depth knowledge of the property and surroundings were an added bonus. My husband and I cannot wait to return.

My advice is that if you are looking for a peaceful, spiritual getaway--skip the crowded streets of St. Michaels--and head to Wades Point Inn on the Bay. You will thank me!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Debbie you are a gem! We hope you are having a good summer, and that you can come and stay with us again this fall. Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review!