“Amazing Get Away!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in McHenry
Sterling, Virginia
“Amazing Get Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Found this Gem when looking for a unique mountain get away while visiting family! Wow...is all I can say. Luxury log cabins...who knew!? A must see..must stay treat! Management is wonderful, kind and knowledgeable. The cabin was spacious, clean and very well appointed! Don't miss this place...I will be back...soon!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bgirly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had reservations for the Skyline Lodge in Shenandoah National Park for the weekend of 10/19. However, as we all know the Government partially shut down and so did the parks. In desperation of saving our Fall Colors get away weekend I googled "Deep Creek Lake" MD. We decided to cancel our trip to Skyline Drive and I started looking for a place to spend our weekend. Thanks to our fellow reviewers I was lead to The Lodges at Sunset Village. On a wing and a prayer I called LaDonna and she was able to book us into a nice end unit Family Cabin.
This was wonderful. The den had a gas log fireplace which provided wonderful ambiance. The Cabin has three sleeping areas so for the two us we had room to spare. LaDonna was very helpful in providing dining suggestions and tips on where to see the best Fall Colors. Based on our trip we will be making reservations for next Fall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Loved the cabins ,hot tub ,amazing views . attendant Ladonna was great and gave me a late check out Very pricey if its just a couple out for the weakend I must say I can't wait to go back When rates are on sale Beautiful view of the lake

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank triponme
McHenry, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Wow, thank you so much to the owners and staff of The Lodges at Sunset Village for making our relocation to MD from NC so easy. Everything that a family could need for temporary quarters was at our fingertips. From dinnerware to linens and even a blow dryer. We stayed at The Lodges...for 20 days and it was perfect. Became so comfortable we almost didn't want to leave. So, if you're looking for a great spacious get-a-way in Deep Creek, MD The Lodges at Sunset Village are definitely worth checking into. We stayed in a unit with a loft - great space for the kiddos (Queen size bed and dresser with seperate full bath). Although, there is no TV in the loft which would be a nice addition. We had a king size bed in the downstairs, a pull-out queen sleeper sofa, and a kitchenette area. The grills and electric fire pits are great too. We roasted hotdogs for dinners and also made smores for treats. The place has a very relaxing environment. Just a quick 3 minute drive to the lakeside marina or 5 minute drive to Wisp Ski Resort. Oh yeah, and I made some great friends while staying at The Lodges. Definitely a place I would refer my friends and family too when they come to town to visit us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank dawnyorty
DCLSmiley, Manager at The Lodges at Sunset Village, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dawn, Thank you for taking time to give us your review . We "Welcome you" to Deep creek lake and are we are happy that your relocation here was with ease. We look forward to seeing you again and we be happy to take care of your family when they come for a visit you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I absolutely loved the cabins. They were very clean and very nice. I can't wait to go back next summer. The playground was a great touch. My children loved it. Thank you all so much. Your staff was amazing and very acomadating. I will definitely tell my friends and family about the cabins. I love the woodsy feel of this place.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ssjohnson81
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

At a "discounted" rate of $321, this was a very poor value. It wasn't. Cob webs were on the shower curtain and the blow dryer... And not just a couple. One check-in they tried to raise the price by $53 for a hot tub I didn't ask for and was not in my confirmation. No amenities to speak of... Accommodation technically had a view of the lake, but only technically. Definitely would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AdvanceTeam
DCLSmiley, Manager at The Lodges at Sunset Village, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We do apologize for the confusion at check in regarding the hot tub choice made when booking online. We will amend our booking procedures for on-line reservations. I sincerely apologize that our pre-arrival set up inspection did not catch the spider web. We are very proud of our housekeepers and always strive to keep our rooms spotless and well maintained. We do not always succeed in satisfying our high standard; but we are always ready to make provisions, if we receive a call to notify us of an issue.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodges at Sunset Village and sincerely hope you will give us a second chance to better serve you.

Management
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

So I needed to make a quick overnight trip to Deep Creek and initially was going to have family with me (all adults). After researching hotels and other locations, I decided to stick with a Railey Mtn property since I've had great experiencces with them in the past. The Lodges did not disappoint. I stayed in 50L which had a loft area with Queen bed, a lower level with King bed, living room w/sofabed, and kitchenette area. Everything was clean, there was sufficient space and privacy for adults. The back patio had a great view, and the electri fireplace was a nice touch. Looks just like the virtual pics. The only thing that was missing that would have been nice is a DVD player of some sort. Also, there is no tv in the loft bedroom just an FYI. The outside also had grills and fire pits for common use. So if you see it online, like the layout/design, then I would say book it! Especially if you don't need a grand spacious rental property like some of the other homes, but if you are looking for a clean place that can accommodate you, your friends, or family, and is centrally located to everything, as it is right on Garrett hwy, then this is a nice place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa
Suites at Silver Tree
Suites at Silver Tree
#1 of 3 in Oakland

Been to The Lodges at Sunset Village? Share your experiences!