“White water rafting in inflatable kayaks”

Adventure Sports Center International
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in McHenry
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great place to kayak to improve your paddling skills and safe environment to learn a new sport. Fun to paddle alone or with friends and a great bargain if you own your equipment. $20/25 a day to get an exhausting workout at ASCI May thru October. Repeat customer year after year since they opened.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you have never seen an artificial river this is a must. It is entertaining watching how they fill it. This is a safe guided way to try whitewater rafting. Nice locker rooms and showers available.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friends and I (6 total) were pleasantly surprised when a friend suggested that we go to ASCI to white water raft on their elaborate man-made course. None of us had been there but saw it before by The Wisp. Once we all got into our wet suits and got the rest of our protective equipment, which was all in good shape, we met our rafting guide Tom. Tom was a very friendly, knowledgable guide who navigated us safely through the course several times. May I add that some of us were a little apprehensive to try this but we all completed it safely.

I would encourage all adventurous people (young and old) to give this a try when in town. The course isn't very long but you can go around multiple times or you can not. Besides having a mandatory guide in the boat, there are also people stationed around the course that I presume are lifeguards. They also take photos of your group which are available for hefty fee.

Overall this was a neat and memorable experience that I would recommend to others!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I took a group of friends there for a weekend, did the rafting, the duckies twice, and the bodysurfing. We were exhausted but what an awesome trip!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Would definitely recommend. I went with my boyfriend and my two sons (12 and 14). My 12 year old was very nervous and our boat guide was great in getting him to warm up to the experience. It was so exciting but yet you felt safe b/c it was a controlled course. We left with a lifetime of memories, and they captured them in photos on a USB ($35 extra). I wouldn't do if you have any medical conditions, but you don't have to be the most physically fit person either. Can't wait to do it again. Worth every penny (note rates are cheaper during the week than on the weekends). Ask for Ben - great guide!