“Don't stay here”

Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in McHenry
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The bathroom shower walls, shower head & tub was horrible nasty & dirty. Had to clean it my self. Not to leave out while taking a shower the tub was filling up with water due to the very S L O O O W drain. I actually called the front desk to have them bring more towels to cover up as much as the bathroom floor as possible. On check out day I advised the front desk about the backed up shower drain and she just said ok. (I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN). I'm glad I only stayed one night. Be warned don't stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank billy t e
GenManager620, General Manager at Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Overpriced for a last minute stay with a dog! I got creeped out by seeing only 3 cars in the lot, dirty windows, moldy musty smell throughout the room and the hotel. Felt like i was in the shining hotel with no one there. Wanted to leave, but already locked in to rate for $150.00. never again. The staff was nice.-still spooky though!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate K
GenManager620, General Manager at Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I discovered we were billed for an extra night. I spoke with a man at the motel and he said they couldn't go back that far into the system. (I was able to get a copy of the motel I stayed at the next night with no problem) I told him I was in West Virginia that other night. I called the motel in West Virginia and had them email me the bill with dates and time. I called the Quality Inn customer service number and spoke with a lady there and explained the situation. I told her I could prove it. She called the motel at Maryland and said I would get a call the next day. I never received a phone call.

On the positive side, we had never stayed at a Quality Inn and we really liked the breakfast they served.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marjean H
GenManager620, General Manager at Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Please keep in mind you dicovered this and called the hotel close to a year after your stay with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

What a sty! The sheets were clean, but you needed to hang onto the sides of the bed to keep from rolling to the middle of the bed. The tub was so filthy that I ended up taking a washrag bath! The toilet wasn't much better. Wallpaper is peeling off of the walls in the hallways from water damage and then they tried to tape it in place with duct tape! The breakfast area has open wires hanging from the ceiling. I can handle old as long as it is clean and well kept, but this was awful.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GenManager620, General Manager at Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Arrived front desk worker was polite. Saw only 3-4 cars on lot which started to concern me. Was told to go around the side (easier) access upstairs since there is NO elevator.

So open the door and you get smacked in face with a stale punchy odor..... Carpet was from 1970"s no since of security here because there was not one camera in hallway or steps or anything you can walk in any door key or no key. tons of blind spots (I'm military) so a mass murder or serial killer could walk in at any time and hurt you or your family.

It's a sickening feeling, some stuff I don't know if they are compliment with OSHA or Fire code.

Wall paper peeling of the halls and the hallway getting to our room was horrible smelled like a smokers hallway but to get to our room we had to go through all of that.

Ok, so..... Get to door (my room) executive king suit...... Open door..... Little musky like cheap hotel big massive room was like wow lot of room..... However looks are deceiving. Wall paper peeling off and covering holes, no fridge, the table was a 2person table but 1chair! A 19" tv which was black and white no color! 1night stand, tv stand. That's it! The bed (king) had 2 tiny tiny pillows on it.

The walls were horrible either that was painted or it used to be a smokers room converted but there were patch jobs done that was never completed.

I have pictures of all this. Oh yeah NO phone in the room. So I walked to front and what do you know? No one there so I waited and waited for 30mins called the number, etc.

You would think since the could probably throw a rock and hit the ski slopes they would be cleaner, more up to date, etc-etc instead double charge and treat you like second rated .....

I ended up leaving because I was disappointed. I called the trip visor and guess what no refund! Imagine that.... 169.99 plus tax for a king room executive but treated me like scum. And yeah sorry but we got your money so ha ha!!!!!!

How many others????

• Stayed: March 2014
8  Thank Fire27medic
GenManager620, General Manager at Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at this Hotel during MLK Birthday weekend for skiing at wisp. We go to Deep Creek Lake 4-5 times a year. The Hotel looks nice from out side but the room was not at all I expected. Bath tub was dirty, the bedding had holes and burn marks, desk was sticky. heating/cooling system made so much noise and the fan won't stop. when I was taking shower the water was coming down very hot at one point I almost got burned and all of sudden it change to really cold and hot then cold again. they provide continental breakfast, waffle machine was nice but the egg they put out was really rubbery. We just came back from Deep Creek Lake few days ago and just made another plan to go back on Presidents Day weekend but not at the same Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 2 January 2014

reading the above comment, i still made the decision to go for this hotel. it is true that they need to have some improvment like the paperwall , the window repairs, and the clogged WC... bc those were details when we found spacious room, very comfy matress, clean/fresh scent sheets/pillows. spacious bathroom, clean towel(plenty) we rented 2 rooms non smoking... they re doing a good job on that bc, I have a real good nose for smell (am in the food business-) but crossing the smoke zone to go to my non smoke zone was bad... they try to clean the smell but...i do not care bc I do not smoke, and if it does not bother the smokers... why getting a fuss... so, my children (5 boys) loved it... just accross from the ski ressort, 2mn drive with the car or 15 mn walk...
breakfast is served early so, go for the early time... the coffee is still fresh brewed all day...and hot water for tea all day too. do not sleep late or you get no breakfast (only coffee/tea) / staff was ok. (must be there for ever) overral : we had a pleasant stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank marikaCrepy
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
The Lodges at Sunset Village
Oakland Motel
Oakland Motel
#3 of 3 in Oakland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser

Been to Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake? Share your experiences!