“Review”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
New Carrollton
“Review”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel presented well online; but did not look the same upon arrival. The carpets were worn; the hotel elevator was stained on the outside; decent on the inside. The bathroom is in need of updating and air conditioner (it was loud) also needs updating. In additon, my key demagnetized twice and I had to go back down to the front desk twice (only one (1) person on duty. As a remedy, I was told that every time that I returned to my room I should stop at the front and get a key; that way I would not have gone all the way to my and have to return downstairs!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Valuable Guest:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. Your feedback will help us improve our everyday operations. We hope to see you in the near future again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel recently for sightseeing in Washington, D.C.
The bare bones basics are fine. Our room was clean and waiting for us upon arrival, the staff was courteous, if not exceptional, and we didn't have any issues with the room itself during our stay.
My main problems with this hotel are entirely concerned with the "extras" that it offers. The "free wifi" in our room was absolutely terrible, to the point that it almost wasn't worth using it. My guess is that we had trouble locating a signal as we were on the 8th floor and I imagine the main connection was located in the lobby...however, if your signal goes out almost entirely depending on where your guests are located, advertising the wifi may not be the best option.
The "free breakfast" is really sub-par. Stick to coffee, packaged yogurt and cereal - anything actually cooked in the hotel was really not good (I am admittedly a bit of a foodie, but my fiancé, who will truly eat anything just to have food in his stomach, couldn't finish the eggs he had).
The shuttle service to the metro was helpful and generally pretty quick. We did run into one issue our first day, when my fiancé spent literally 20 minutes trying to call the hotel to have one sent to pick us up from the metro, only to have the call either go to voicemail or ring off the hook entirely.
My biggest issue with the hotel is (hopefully) not something that happens often, however, the lack of customer service that I received makes it worth mentioning despite being a unique event.
My 3 month old $900 laptop was damaged by one of the housekeepers while my fiancé and I were out of the room. It had been left on the floor, UNDERNEATH of a table so as to be out of the way, because the charging cord wouldn't reach the bed.
Either the housekeeper stepped on it, or when we were out of the room it spontaneously developed a foot-shaped broken area on the LCD screen.
Upon returning to our room, we noticed the damage and contacted the front desk, who sent up the head of housekeeping and the woman who had cleaned our room (she couldn't actually speak to us as we were told that she only spoke Spanish). The housekeeper naturally denied everything, and so the head of housekeeping promised to forward our case to her boss, who she said should be in touch with us. She did add, however, that as it was "our word against hers," we shouldn't expect any sort of compensation.
The incident occurred the day before we left, on August 20th. It is now the 28th, we've been home for a week, and have yet to hear anything from anyone. We tried to email the hotel but it appears that they do not have an email address. We tried to call and experienced the same problems contacting them as we did when we were actually staying there. At this point, I am assuming we won't be hearing from them again.
We lucked out with the laptop - it's covered under a warranty and we only need to pay the shipping to send it back to the manufacturer (as someone who works in customer service, I can say it wouldn't be outrageous to expect the hotel to cover at least that minor charge to save some face, but again, I'm not holding out any hope). The gentleman at the post office, upon finding out what we were sending out a laptop for, comped the cost of all mailing materials and only charged us for the postage. He then wished me the best of luck getting it back soon, as my college classes recently started up again and I'll obviously be needing it. A little ironic, I think, to find that level of service from someone who wasn't even obligated to give it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ALuchette
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Aluchette:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apology regarding the issues you may have encountered during your stay and for not getting back to you. We are not sure what happened during the process. I am personally very happy that you were able to get your laptop fixed right away. We always encourage all our guests to take advantage of the free in-room safe we provide to place their valuable items.
I will be delighted to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future to show you the type of service we strive for. You may contact me directly at (301)459-6700 ext 6100
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My family experience at Metro Points Hotel was average. The bedrooms were not unclean or dirty but they were not incredibly clean. There was a proper smell in each bedroom. The bathrooms were good. The beds too. The only problem during the night was the noise in the halls and that was not exactly good. The hotel needs to be better cleaned overall. The doors are old and need some repairs. The breakfast was good and it helped for the long trip that we had in front of us. It is in a great location; very near the highway.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Pascoal Rebecca

Thank you so much for your feedback. I want to personally offer you my apology if we didn't meet your expectations. We look forward to see you in the near future, you may contact me directly if you have any questions (301) 459-6700 ext 6100
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Upon arriving to the hotel the Front Desk Serviceman was kind and accommodating to my requests. However, when arriving to my room it looked very outdated and needed a lot of sprucing up. Waking up the next day to iron my clothes for a job interview I found out my iron was not working..at all. Now imagine being in a time constraint with a job interview in an hour and you can't iron the clothes you plan to wear for the interview. I tried calling the front desk three times and got a busy signal every time. The other phone in the room didn't work either. So I had to go down stairs after just showering with my clothes on from the day before to let the front desk know my iron wasn't working and I was met with an attitude by the front desk servicewoman. I asked when the iron would get to my room she says she can't give me a time frame but it will be there soon..and that helps me how? She did not even offer an apology. I wasn't going to bank on her information so since the housekeeper was cleaning a room across from mine I asked to borrow the iron in that hotel room--fortunately it worked so I wasn't late. But if you have somewhere you need to be at a certain time or just like good old solid hotel customer service DO NOT stay in this hotel. I repeat DO NOT stay in this hotel. You will want to leave as fast as you came.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Amaka A
Dear Amaka A.
Please accept my apology for the issues you encountered during your stay. This is not the type of service we strive for. We will make sure we address any issues immediately. Thank you for taking your time to let us know how felt while with us. Hope you can give us another opportunity to show you the type of service we provide to all our valuable guests. If you wish to contact me directly I will be waiting for your call. (301) 459-6700 ext 6100

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at the Metro Points due to its proximity to the location of a training course (near the NEw Carrollton Metro Station). I could have stayed in DC and commuted but the hotel offered breakfast (very good!), WiFi and was close to restaurants, stores, etc. Lavier helped me during my first couple of days when I had a problem with my WiFi connection and TV service. The staff was very courteous and willing to answer all my questions I had about the local area (I was visiting from Europe). Looking forward to staying at the Metro during my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: WiFi signal is stronger the closer you are to the elevator area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Rob H:
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to lodge you during your visit to the U.S.
We are thrilled to know that you found our hotel very comfortable and convenient.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and hopefully I can thank you in person for such a great and honest review.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I am travelling with a car so was looking for something with free parking on the metro. This is a great place. About 30 minutes on the train to downtown Washington, there is free breakfast and the staff have been great. I booked for one night and ended up staying for the week!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear megantravels_13:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at Metro Points Hotel. I am thrilled by your kind remarks and sincerely appreciate them. Thank you for your recommendations. I would be delighted to welcome you back on your next visit and hopefully having the chance to meet you in person.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a great hotel and it is not very expensive. The breakfast in the morning is more than you would expect (not just a continental with some bagels and juice) and the rooms are very nice.

Neighborhood is a little, shall we say, interesting, but I didn't feel unsafe.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you so much for sharing your great stay at Metro Points. We are very happy to know that you enjoy everything. We will be waiting for your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!