“The best deal you can find within the area and lookswise!”

Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Rhode island
“The best deal you can find within the area and lookswise!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Let me start of with telling all of the people who wrote negative reviews about this hotel. I'm not sure if you all are comparing a $89-$119 average hotel to a 4-5 star $159-$359 per night hotel. This hotel is a great hotel for the type of rates they offer as well as their complimentary services. I have stayed in many hotel, cheap and expensive and for a hotel like this, located in the area its located 15-30 mins from DC, you are definitely getting your money worth it. I went around the other hotels near by and they were horrible and old looking! This hotel by far is the best looking one among the others on the block, clean and their breakfast is great!The lobby has a modern edgy look, the rooms are modern and have dim lighting ( a plus because I hate rooms with bright lights) The staff is kind and friendly which is another plus! Overall I know what I was expecting (not the Ritz in DC) but something that was reasonable and confortable for the money I paid.

Cons: The exterior needs some inprovement, but I heard they are going to start some work soon (Thanks to the Shuttle Driver).

Room Tip: Make sure you call the hotel to make sure your reservation is accurate if you book it through a thir...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Valuable Guest:
On behalf of all my staff we want to thank you for choosing us during your stay and for sharing your honest feedback. We hope to lodge again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Hotel is very reasonably priced, especially since its very near DC. Breakfast buffet in the morning was incredibly good. Hotel has a new lobby but the hallways and rooms are showing their age. Bed was ok but the sheets weren't fitted well and kept bunching up and coming off the bed all night which kept me awake. Pillow was also the flattest pillow I have seen in a long time. Didn't make for a good nights sleep. Staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Fernando B, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest:
We just want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We work very hard to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay. We will be waiting for your return in the near future.
Best Regards,
Vancouver
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Good: Hotel cost significantly less than staying in Washington DC. Free shuttle to subway/rail station; Takes about 30 minutes to get to the National Mall. Rooms are clean, modern and superior bedding supplied. Breakfast also quite good...which includes real scramble eggs and sausages. Staff were friendly and helpful; Supermarket conveniently across the street.
Bad: Happy hour sliders is nothing more than small hamburger buns with reheated frozen patties cut in half and a slice of cheese (no sauce, no onions no tomato etc; Chicken wings is no better than the ones you can get across the street at 7-11 for half the cost. The internet signal poor...signal strength were either no service or one bar resulting in slow connection. Called front deck, they reset 3 times (no change), gave up calling; if you sit by the door (with the door open you get two bars). On 3 occasions, called for shuttle 10 minutes before scheduled pick up time and they were still were 20 minutes late. (hotel is only 5 minute drive away)

Room Tip: If internet is important to you....ask if you can get a room closest to the broadcasting router.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Valuable Guest:
Thank you for sharing your honest experience. We are extremely happy to know your stay was very pleasant and comfortable. We will make sure our IT company checks the internet signal to ensure we keep on providing the best experience to all our current and future guests. We hope to see you again soon and hopefully I get the opportunity to personally welcome you.
Best Regards,
Rahway, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had prepaid online. It was only for one night. I did care for the the hotel. The lobby is decent, but the floors where the rooms are are dark. The hotel appeared to have been renovated, but there were small things like the lumpy floors when walking to your room. I had to have someone let me into my room each time I went out because there was a problem and the computer system had gone down and they were not able to code the key cards. I would recommend that you stay in Northern Virginia. It seems farther away but there is less congestion than driving in Maryland. So it may seem likes like a bit of a drive may be a better value! I did drive further on another visit and I paid a great price and I was in an awesome hotel! So it's worth the trip in this area! The breakfast was not work getting up. It was like everything was made in the microwave. Not like other hotels at all! It is below that standard Hampton Inn or Four Points or Homewood Suites! So if you are thinking that is what you will get it is not. My room smelled like a wet cat! The hotel has a not pet policy so I don't know what the smell was coming from. I would not select this hotel again even for one night! I would drive the distance for a good nights sleep and breakfast so I could really enjoy my next day in DC.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aleceia B
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Valuable Guest:
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept out apology regarding the problems you encountered during your stay 1 year ago. The problems you stated were taken care of last year. We would love to lodge you in the near future once again so we can show you the high quality service we provide to all our guest.
Inverness, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

The 1st room we were assigned smelled of HEAVY smoking. Immediately, we got a different room.This room smelled heavily of the "smoker cover-up" spray. But at least that was better. Starting with the bathroom- stains on the towels, in the tub and on the carpets. The water pressure was very low. The toilet bowl took over 3 minutes to fill and it was quite loud. In the room- wrinkled linens, not enough lighting, broken electrical outlets, alarm on clock wouldn't set, wi-fi nonexistent on the 7th floor, dirty drapes/curtains and lastly, only about 20 free channels on the TV. On the bright side, the pillows and mattresses were comfortable. The TV set was nice. There was a free shuttle to the metro station but never ran on time. Breakfast was included and the staff friendly. We checked out after 2 nights and checked into a Residence Inn in DC that was great.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Micki M
Dear Guest:
I am very sorry to know your experience wasn't what you expected. Please accept my apology on behalf of my entire team. We will make sure we address any issues immediately. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you give us another opportunity in the near future. If there is anything I can help you with please contact me directly at (301) 322 6720
Best Regards.
US
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had upgraded to a "junior suite" for more room. Yes, there was more space, but it was a dark, creepy experience that was so uncomfortable that we changed hotels after a night, even though we had a prepaid non-refundable rate for the remainder of the reservation. Rooms on the west side of the building broil in the afternoon sun, forcing you to close the curtains. There are no overhead lights and the lamps all have low watt bulbs which don't provide much light. The bathroom is large but has no air circulation at all and was like a sauna. The toilet is so close to the glass shower door that you have to open the shower in order to sit on the toilet. Pillows on the bed are old and lumpy and give you the creeps just touching them. The "duvet" looks like a down filled cover, but in fact is filled with heavy polyfill and was uncomfortable to sleep under. The a/c was not working or not adequate in the elevator lobby on our floor, and the hallways smelled heavily of rug deodorizer. The lobby is clean and bright and the staff were polite. Too bad they didn't spend any money on the rooms when this facility was abandoned by Four Points Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank businesstraveler123
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience and for choosing to stay at Metro Points Hotel. I am very disappointed that your overall stay was not what you expected and what we would have liked for you to experience. We are sorry your room didn't meet your expectations. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in us. Our hotel will be going though some major renovations this fall. We hope to see you again soon.
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were doing tourist stuff in DC. It was an inexpensive place to stay, hotel shuttle to the Metro station was handy. Breakfast was handy - not 5 star, but decent. Our room was clean, bathroom a bit dated but clean. Front desk attendant's were all friendly and welcoming.
My only complaint, and in my opinion an important one when selecting a hotel was the mattress... it needed to be replaced... it was tolerable for our 5 night stay but in hindsight, I should have complained for a new room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom R
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Valuable guest:
We would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us. Our hotel will be going through some major updates in the next upcoming months. We hope to see you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!