“Good, not expensive hotel”

Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
“Good, not expensive hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not bad, the front desk staff does need to smile and be a bit more friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, plumbing is kinda old though. The shuttle to the metro station is a great plus and also breakfast. Make sure you go early to find a place to sit. There's a supermarket across the street and a few options for restaurants, i don't recommend adventuring yourself around at night. Overall, a pleasant stay!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest:
We are thrilled to know that your stay was very pleasant. We will make sure we share your comments with our team, so we can keep providing the best customer service to all our loyal guest. We will be waiting for your return. You may contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns at (301) 322-6720.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Largo, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I recently had reservations to stay at this hotel and attend a New Year's Eve event. After checking in I heard that the new year eve event had been moved. I called the front desk, who confirmed that it was cancelled. I asked if I could get a refund. After I brief wait they said they would refund my money. Shortly thereafter the general manager called and rudely stated he wasn't refunding my money since I had been in the room over an hour. He said the front desk attendant stated she told me the event was cancelled. I stated she had not and that I only found out the event was cancelled when a friend told me. He was very confrontational and argumentative. When I arrived at the front desk one of the attendants said that they would refund my money and then said some smart remark about reading signs, while the general manager stood there quietly. What terrible customer service. Straight up ghetto. Stay clear of this place. All that glitters isn't gold.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Craig T
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I want to offer you my sincere apology for the event that was cancelled, our hotel is completely separate from all the events being booked, we have no control of the cancellations or changes to any of them . The planners were supposed to informed the attendees about the changes. We hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Metro Points Hotel-Washington provides complimentary shuttle service to the Carrolton Metro station. Exhibit space and 6 meeting rooms are available. A lobby American restaurant serves free continental breakfast and includes a wonderous bar.The business & fitness centers are open 24 hours a day. Additional dining options are on the premises. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas and guestrooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Valuable Guest:
We want to thank you for sharing your great experience while with us. We give our best every day to earn this type of review and honest comments about our hotel. Our staff will be waiting for your return. If you have any special request or questions don't hesitate to contact me directly
Best regards,
Newburgh, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Check in: 11/23/13, out: 11/24/13

At arrival, I was not acknowledged by the front desk clerk. Our room had no heat, the hallway had a leak with a waste basket catching the drip. We asked for extra pillows and towels but was told that housekeeping had gone home for the night and they don't have access. We asked for another room with heat, we got a room with a heat, but leaking pipes under the sink!

Since we were traveling with two small children and a pregnant wife, we decided not to move again. The hot breakfast was decent enough, though much of the food ran out well before the end of breakfast, with no sign they were going to replenish it.

At checkout, the clerk said he could only offer me $10 off the bill and that if I called them on Monday, the manager would definitely be able to do more for me. We left to visit with friends in the area for 3 - 4 hours before starting on our 4.5 hour drive home.

It wasn't until we got to our house (around 9pm) that we noticed we left our keys to our house (which contained the keys to the second car) at the hotel. I immediately gave them a call.

Me: Did you find a set of keys from room 1010?
CS: Let me see...yes, we have them right here.
Me: Those are our house keys. Why didn't anybody at the hotel try to contact us at all?
CS: Housekeeping found them and didn't notify anyone.
Me: Please send them to me as soon as possible.
CS: Of course. Which credit card will you be using for the delivery?
Me: Um, I'll use ****, numbers are ****
CS: Thank you. We'll send them first thing Monday morning!
Me: Thank you.

I called Monday morning to try to speak with Fernando Bosch, the hotel manager. I left a full, detailed message on his voicemail. I also checked my credit card online on Monday and saw that they charged me $20 to send me my keys. A reasonable assumption is that I need the keys quickly.

By Wednesday afternoon, the keys have not arrived. I gave the hotel another call (Mr. Bosch never returned my call). I left a second message, but called again to insist they get a hold of him. He calls me back a few minutes later.

Me: My keys have not arrived, I was charged $20. What service costs $20 but can't arrive in three days?

FB: I apologize but it seems housekeeping never mailed them. I will mail them today. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so you should get them by Friday. I will refund your $20.

Me: Are you serious?! What kind of hospitality service do you offer there? A common sense call to the customer when you see they've left their keys behind? Mailing their keys immediately and using the fastest service available?

FB: I'm sorry. I will make sure they are mailed immediately.

Friday comes and goes. NO KEYS! Saturday morning, I drive to FEDEX and they tell me that IT WAS NOT MAILED UNTIL FRIDAY! And since they did not select next day priority (whichever the service that would have them deliver on Saturday as well), they keys won't arrive until Monday.

I got my keys on Monday. I sent Mr. Bosch two emails (a week apart) and CC'd the general manager. As of 12/19/13, nobody has responded.

Maybe your stay will be different?

Room Tip: They were remodeling at the time of our stay, maybe they facilities have improved? Unless the remo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank George Y
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. Please accept our sincere apology regarding the issue with your keys. We tried our best to accommodate you and to send your keys as fast as possible but sometimes it doesn't turn out as we expect it. We hope you give us another opportunity in the near future.
Danville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

My students and I really enjoyed our stay at the Metro Points Hotel Washington North. We found the staff to be pleasant and accommodating; the rooms and
lobby, spacious and comfortable; and the complimentary breakfast delicious. Free Wifi in the rooms was an added bonus.
Kevin Beard worked with me to make the arrangements for our group of students. He was most accommodating when our trip the previous year had to be cancelled due to a freak snow storm and ready and willing to assist us the following year to help make our trip happen. When we arrived at the hotel, every detail had be handled and all rooms were immediately ready for students to occupy. Thank you for all you did to make it happen.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your thoughtful comments during your visit. We are very happy to know your stay was very comfortable, we will be waiting for your return. If there is anything I can do to make your stay even better don't hesitate to contact me directly at 301-322-6720
Happy Holidays
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I booked through Hotels.com at the last minute due to bad weather being forecasted for the morning commute. The hotel was a very good value. The $50 deposit was expected. I am waiting for the return, but it's only been a couple of days. The only issues I had were minor things that needed some work (toilet paper holder falling out of the wall, tiles coming off of the wall around pipes, etc.), but they were in the process of renovating. The room was clean and comfortable... Very good for the price. If I needed to stay in this area again, I would come back.

• Stayed November 2013
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Valuable Guest:
On behalf of our team we thank you for staying with us and for sharing your honest review.
Please come back again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Arrived to the news that I would be sleeping on a cot in the "Executive Suite" (a meeting room on the 10th floor) because Expedia had "overbooked" the hotel - not my problem! Their engineering team couldn't get my TV to work, and their wifi conked out after 15 minutes. Woke up to the worst shower pressure I've ever seen in the developed world, and skipped the free breakfast because I just wanted to get the hell away. Was told the operations manager was going to call me to make things right. Still waiting by the phone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MichaelCandelori
Dear Guest:
Please accept our apology regarding your stay with us. We will make sure we take the proper steps to fix these issues. Please contact me directly before your next visit so I can still accommodate as we agreed on our phone conversation last week.
Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!