“Bed was Comfy”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Riverside, California
“Bed was Comfy”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed at suggestion of coworker no fault of the hotel but walls were thin I could hear couple down the hall getting it on I rate performance a 4.5 and my sisters neighbor was getting so high the maid the next morning couldn't clean the room and hallway wrecked of weed.
Overall nice hotel just to lay your head nothing more. The front desk didn't seem to know anything he couldn't find my reservation initially then when I wanted to use a different credit card he wanted to charge a different price they don't tell you if you book online( cheaper rate..btw) any changes credit charge or room request etc... has to be done online or they will charge a higher rate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Giavonni C
Fernando B, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Giavonni C:
We appreciate you feedback during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding your reservation. When a reservation is made online as non-refundable the information given to us by the third party booking engines is what we must use. At check in time we also require an incidental deposit, we believe that was the issue in your case, however we would love to host you back again so you can see our renovations being completed. Since your last stay in December a lot has changed. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns
my direct line is (301) 322-6720.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here once before and they were in the early stages of renovation. My room was very comfortable and had modern amenities to aid in my comfort. The location was perfect for my needs as it allowed access to the major highways and was close to the Metro Rail so I could easily get to Downtown DC. The front desk staff was very courteous and customer service was conducted in a professional manner. I did not experience the complimentary breakfast or take advantage of the Happy Hour on this stay.

Durning my second stay, the hotel was still completing renovations but everything seemed newer and brighter. I still did not take advantage of the breakfast but I had a GREAT steak and enjoyed a few drinks during Happy Hour. The prices were very accommodating to my budget. There were also several nearby restaurants that I intend to visit on my next stay.

I experienced one hiccup during my stay when I noticed a water leak from the ceiling. I attributed this flaw to the hotel being under renovation and immediately notified the front desk. The staff was apologetic and seemed genuinely concerned. Again, very professional in the manner that they conducted business. I spoke directly to the Manager on Duty (Miss Nora), who was very attentive to my needs. She and the maintenance staff responded to my room and took care of the problem. When I returned, I could not even tell that they had been there. The leak had been patched and all of my linens had been replaced.

I live in Las Vegas and this place reminds me of the newer "Boutique" hotels that are popping up there. I look forward to my next visit when the renovations are complete. I have already recommended this hotel to my family and friends.

Thank you much!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Rob T
Fernando B, Guest Relations Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Rob T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your sharing your positive experience with the online community. We are very pleased with the renovations to the hotel and glad you are as well. Sorry that you have yet to sample our breakfast buffet, it is definitely the largest in the area, however how good is that steak! Chef Slobodnick is amazing, whether for one or six hundred, he always delivers a fantastic meal! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance during your next stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Some friends and I booked a suite at Metro Points back in April for a girls night out. Upon booking, we informed the front desk staff that we would be having spa services rendered, and that the professionals providing the services would need access to the room prior to any of our arrivals, so that they could set up and be ready by the time we arrived. We were told that this would not be a problem, and it was not. We only needed to provide their names and expected arrival time.

The professionals were greeted by Ms. Nora and told that they were expected. Ms. Nora arranged for her staff to help the professionals unload their equipment from their cars, provide access to our suite, AND help them set up their things! I am a stickler customer service, and Metro Points staff went above and beyond to oblige our request.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank My-My B
Fernando B, Public Relations Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear My-My B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we do appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you at the hotel again soon!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I love the new renovations. The rooms were extremely clean and spacious. The customer service was excellent. The staff was very helpful, attentive and friendly. I will definitely recommend to all my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tlyarborough1009
Fernando B, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Tlyarborough1009:
Thank you for your feedback during your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear your kind comments. You are absolutely right about our renovations we are happy you loved it. If there is anything I can do to better accommodate you on your next visit don't hesitate to contact me directly at (301) 322-6720
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel extensively for business. Most so-called business travel hotels are stuffy and uncomfortable. I check in and immediately leave the hotel to eat or hang out. Metro Points host a great happy hour and it's perfect for meeting locals. Nothing is perfect, so when I get hungry for something different; I walk to one of the restaurants connected to the hotel property. The front desk manager/ staff get a big high five...polite, informative and helpful. My only negative comment is the renovation work being done can be intrusive as a hotel guest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lanny W:
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am please to inform you that our renovations are completed. Glad you enjoyed our hotel and surrounding areas, we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The front office staff, more specifically, Ms. Nora was very hospitable and accommodating and she did everything with a smile. She was very informative about places to eat and things to do in the area! The rooms were clean and well stocked with everything that I needed. I will definitely continue to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Mstiffany413,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

What I enjoyed most about my stay was the front desk staff.They were excellent!!
I was pleasantly greeted, they were very professional & we'll dressed. There good customer service made me over look the minute miss haps during my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8th floor