“Lovely Old Home Full of Love” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Seasons at Magnolia Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 New Windsor B&B and Inns
Germantown, Maryland, United States
“Lovely Old Home Full of Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I had a serene, restful stay at the Yellow Turtle after a death in my family. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a quiet retreat. In response to one of the negative reviews, I can only say that it is an old, historic home, not an impersonal, sterile hotel. It was built almost 200 years ago, so travellers must expect some quirks. If the annoyed customer had taken the time to read the notice in the bath, she would have known that there is indeed shampoo, but in bar form. The Inn looks much better in person than in the photos. I loved it, and you will too!

Room Tip: The Queen Sweet has a delightful jacuzzi!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mary T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Just a quick thank you to Joan for going the extra mile to make our stay at Yellow Turtle very enjoyable. I was traveling with my son to a lacrosse tournament and we found Yellow Turtle online WIth no idea what to expect, we were delighted with the service and beautiful surroundings. On top of an amazing offer by Joan to do a load of laundry for my son, I was treated to the best homemade pancakes and homemade syrup I have ever had. Yellow turtle is a relaxing, laid back treat off the beaten path and well worth the trip.

Lax Dad

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bob R
Littleton, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at the Yellow Turtle Inn in earyl May 2012. There were extension cords on the deck and in the room; there were cobwebs all over the space and as I was Lying in bed, I noticed them with all these dead bugs trapped in the cob webs.
In the bathroom there were bath salts, but no shampoo and conditioner.
I spoke to the Inn Keeper about the bugs and cob webs. She said that entire section of the country had a problem with "stink bugs" and even if they cleaned every day, they couldn't get rid of them and she was the sole proprietor of the property and there was only so much she could do. There were many nick-nacks everywhere and dust on most of them...not so good for my allergies.
The Inn Keeper did a nice job with breakfast and was willing to provide what ever I requested at any time; I didn't take advantage of this.

Room Tip: can't even recommend this Inn
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Catherine B
Nottingham, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had such a wonderful weekend getaway to the Yellow Turtle Inn. The owner Joan is so sweet and she is an amazing cook! Prices were great and it was so quiet and peaceful! Would recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: The Bishops Suite and the Queens Suite are both amazing!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth L
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Yellow Turtle Inn is a great getaway place to be.
We were visiting family and conducting business in Baltimore. The Inn is quiet and peaceful in the Md countryside. (60 Min to Balt)
Breakfast is a treat, it is the best I have had at a B&B. Joan the host is a pleasure to speak with and can give you the local history as well as any guide.
Can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JMW8
Char
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

I was so shocked when we arrived at the Yellow Turtle Inn for a family members wedding. The place was a mess. The grass wasn't cut, bushes were overgrown and dead roaches all over the reception hall. It looks nothing like the pictures. I was speechless when you walked up to the old run down house. The plastic flowers they used instead of fresh cut flowers looked old, faded, dust all over them and they had some type of net over the flowers that was I think suppose to be white but was beige with black dots, which told me they had weathered.
I would NEVER recommend having anything at this Inn unless you want everyone to laugh at you. My husband and I could not believe that everyone had the same iexpression on their face when they walked up to the dirty run down place. I look at the charges thry charge and I an SHOCK. Please if it is a special day,DO NOT use this place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank customer56
Emmitsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

My husband and I were just recently married at the Yellow Turtle on October 30, 2010 and we couldn't have asked for anything better for our ceremony and reception. All efforts were made by Joan (our innkeeper) to make our wedding day just as we wanted. It was very personal and relaxing the entire day. Not a worry about anything because we knew she would attend to all our desires. What a great job she did! She even allowed us to have an unusual ceremony with a hawk delivering our rings during the ceremony. How many places will allow such individuality of wedding dreams. We are so glad that we were guided to the Yellow Turtle Inn. Then we decided to go back on Valentine's Day weekend and relive some memories and spend time with our friend Joan. We had a wonderful time and left relaxed and planning our next escape back there!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
Inn At Norwood
Inn At Norwood
#1 of 1 in Sykesville

Been to Seasons at Magnolia Manor? Share your experiences!