“SIMPLE LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN!”
Review of North Beach

North Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Some of the negatives that some travelers have mentioned are valid.

But I guess it's the perspective that you're coming from. I've vacationed in North Beach previously and I knew that the beach there was small, perhaps a bit pricey if you don't have passes from where you're staying, and there's not much to do other than sit on the sand and listen to their piped-in Sirius music.

But please give this tiny community its due. Without much money, they've created a little oasis out of nothing. The boardwalk, the trolley, and the beach itself are wonderful amenities. If you're looking for more things to do and see, this is not the community for you!

But again, that's just my opinion.

3  Thank Beaglehead

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Good for children under 5 or elderly. Absolutely nothing for teenagers to do. Small beaches. Nothing open at night. No entertainment. Boating and fishing only. Will never come back.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We decided to go here for day because it was close to DC area. We packed a cooler with drinks and lunch for day but when we got there we were told our cooler was too big! I then had to throw entire contents of cooler into a non insulated bag and could bring that on!? I can see checking for noglass but come on limiting bottle water and lunch from a cooler but not soft beach bag! So of course warm lunch and drinks and drippy wet bag by days end. Cost us over $50 so you would think it was nice but... they said there might be jellyfish ..... Their were thousands! My kids got stung and saw tons of jellyfish. They also encountered lots of debris... Old decking, old fishing nets, hooks, objects in shallow bay water that cut up their feet! It was very crowded and had lots of trash in sand and underwater. Cold water showers and dirty bathrooms too. My kids didn't like the slimmy mud at their feet and lack of waves. Next time we drive a little further but will have a better beach. Not worth the money for filth and jellyfish stings!

7  Thank Doug B
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was set on going to the beach, but only had a weekend free. All the major beaches, Rehoboth, Jersey, Ocean City, MD would take us over 2 hours to get to, and most hotels were either sold out, or cost over 300 dollars a night for something like a room at the holiday inn. North Beach was perfect for a quick beach fix. There are some cute shops and restaurants along the water. It IS pricy to get on the beach- but when you factor in travel time, proximity to home, and gas costs with what we would've spent to go to a larger beach for the day- it was reasonable. There is a municipal parking lot right on chesapeake road that is Free. We got a nice spot right near the water, and for the first 90 minutes, our kids7,4 and 3 just played in the sand and splashed in the water while my husband and I relaxed in beach chairs. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've done that. Then they played in the pirate ship for a while. It's a small beach- but it's nicely contained, so great if you have small kids. There is only one way in and out in the area we were sitting, and the water is calm and shallow. There were signs up warning of jellyfish- luckily no one got stung, but they do have vinegar there if you need it. I wish we had brought our bikes. There is a nice path next to the "boardwalk" that again, is great for families with small kids. It's only for bikes so you don't have to worry about your kids running people over, or getting run over by cars! If you like quaint beach towns- this is a good place to go.

3  Thank LovetoTrvl20
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were visiting Chesapeake Beach and wandered up to North Beach to check it out. I was wondering if I would bring my family for a day but not at those prices! Wow. Guess it's their strategy to keep the beach empty for residents. No thanks. The pier however seemed pretty nice. We might try to fish there sometime. It was 5 dollars per pole.