Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton.com
Bethesda Marriott(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
US$247
  • Room Service
Bethesda Marriott Suites(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$243
US$139
Cancelon
US$242
US$211
US$293
  • Room Service
EVEN Hotel Rockville(Rockville)(Great Value!)
US$144
GardenInn.com
US$383
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhite flintthe concierge loungemetro stationwithin walking distancenice propertyper daywhole foodsstayed for one nightbreakfast buffetfront desk staffindoor poolbusiness tripdc areaconvenient locationmini fridgecoffee makerparking
Reviewed 20 December 2011

For the most part, this hotel was a standard Marriott--clean, comfortable rooms, but nothing to get overly excited about. The location is excellent--you are right across from the White Flint metro station on the Red line, so it's very easy to get into DC without a car.

Hotel was undergoing renovations, so breakfast offerings were in a conference room. I was not impressed.

That said, the hotel gets MAJOR brownie points for accommodating so many travellers an extra day because of the hurricane cancelling every flight out of town.

Given my druthers, I'd prefer to stay in DC proper, but if you have to stay out in Maryland (say, for a wedding), I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I stayed here December 5-7. This was my second stay here. Both times were good xperiences. Rooms were clean, comfortable beds. Bathrooms also clean, good housekeeping services. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location with metro less than 5 minute walk. Fairly safe area. Sit down Places to eat around the area are limited. There is a McDonalds across the street though. Chili's located about 1/4 mile southeast. There are more sit down places about 1 mile north (Ruby Tuesdays, American Diner).
There is a restaurant in the hotel. I ate breakfast there on my first stay and dinner on he second stay. Breakfast as good, buffet. Pricey, but you can get full. Dinner was also pricey, hamburger and fries $15, okay but not $15 okay. Typical pricing for meals and drinks in conference hotels. Internet connection is either wired or wireless. Make sure you ask which connection. Had an iPad and if hadn't asked, would have been given a wired room. Connection was easy, speed decent and no stalls. All in all, a good place to stay. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Goldwinger59102
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Good quality rooms. Carpets are brighter than the usual. Smoke free hotel - on getting into my room I thought I could smell old cigarette smoke. They found me a bigger room straight away, and sent up some food for me also, gratis. The bed was massive, I think I disturbed only a quarter of it and 2 of the 12 pillows. There was a sensible range of TV channels with some cable. We were given free Wifi for the conference, both in room and at the conference centre. Conference halls were good, with good catering (not sure if from hotel) for coffee & lunch breaks. I didn't try the restaurants/cafes, but they looked well. There was a nice shopping centre a block away. The hotel had some limos available for transport to the airport - at the same price that I paid for the taxi that brought me there. The limo driver was great, spoke English well and knew where he was going, unlike the taxi man. I would advice anyone getting a taxi to know the exact address of where you're going as they rely heavily on GPS. A pleasant stay with pleasant staff, by no means boutique but ideal for conference attendance.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Probably not the place I would stay to vacation, as it's way out in the burbs. But all in all a nice hotel (it helps when you are expensing it). For the cost though, I was shocked they did not provide free in-room internet.

As others have said it is right next to Metro Red line, and I got downtown DC in about 20 mins. during the weekend.

There is a new Whole Foods only a few minutes walk away, which is a great option for take away meals.

There is also a very nice river trail about 2.5 miles away if you're a runner and looking for a good route.

The staff was great and the room was nice. I would second the complaint that they govern their AC. The room would not go below 65 degrees, and your only choice for blankets was a very heavy comforter or a sheet. Thus I was too cold with just the sheet, but way too warm with the comforter.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I've stayed at the Bethesda North Marriott several times. The location is very convenient for me as I'm usually visiting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission offices (which are a very short walk). The hotel is just off of the Metro Red Line which makes it very convenient for business travel.

The rooms are well appointed and always very clean. My only complaint is that I enjoy a cool bedroom for sleeping and they "govern" the thermostats at a temperature that I find too warm for my comfort.

The in-hotel restaurant is a bit pricey for the quality. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of restaurants within a short walk, so if the weather is bad, you are limited in your selections. However, you can catch the Metro across the street and make it to any number of places with a short ride, or a short cab ride either direction on Rockville Pike expands your dining options tremendously.

The hotel has the usual amenities, a workout area with modern equipment that's usually in good order. A small indoor pool. A nice lounge/bar.

I was impressed with how they worked with me to get me back into a room after I checked out and found that my flight out of DC (Reagan) was cancelled. They could have "stuck" me but they put me back in my room at my original rate and it was much appreciated.