“Nothing Bad to say”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North East
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, pool and hot tub were well kept, and the breakfast was on par for a hotel. There is a store and restaurant (Denny's) next door, easy access to I95. I will come back again when I'm back in the area next month.

Room Tip: Very long hotel, older travelers or the disabled might want a room close to the lobby
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stopped here for one night while traveling north on Interstate 95. The rooms are a little dated with dim lighting but the bed was comfortable. The hotel served a average continental breakfast with eggs and bacon, cereal and pastries. The hotel had a indoor pool and whirlpool which was clean and well maintained. There are two floors but no elevator?? We had a room on the first floor so we heard trucks on the highway at night but other than that it was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Checked in here on Thursday, April 5, 2012. The room was ready very early and check in was quick and easy. The desk clerk was friendly. We had asked for a first floor room and away from the smoking section. However we did not know that our room would be in the pet section...we had room 120. We did not hear any pet noise. The hotel is older but well maintained and clean.
Our bathroom toilet was not working properly and we called it to their attention and it was fixed; they indicated if it could not be fixed they would change our room.The pool is not heated or at least did not feel heated. The pool/spa area is clean and furnished with tables and chairs. This hotel is what I would call 2+ star based on comfort, cleanliness, and amenities. We had 2 queen beds with sofa sleeper. The double sink vanity outside the tub/toilet area was a nice surprise.The towels are thin but you could feel a nap. We had a fridge and microwave. The free breakfast is just what any other hotel of this class would offer. There is a Denny's Restaurant next door and a convenience store too. We would stay here again. The only complaint we had is the thiness of the walls does allow for hearing everything that goes on above and next door. I do not believe there was an elevator. The pillows were soft and we loved them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a clean hotel, good pool and hot tub, excellent breakfast. The price was right, close to route 95. Close to downtown North East. Friendly Staff. Pet Friendly!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel met my needs for one night. It's a good size and in good shape, and the room was nice, clean and spacious. It's located right off of 95, so it's easy-off and easy-on. As others have noted the entrance is through the truck stop parking lot, but I found it easy enough. And again as others have noted, the smoking and non-smoking rooms seem to be mixed. Being a smoker that didn't bother me at all, but I can see why it would bother others. The one drawback I had with it was the lack of any real restaurants right nearby, unless you count the truck stop Denny's. Several fast food joints though.

Overall judgement: Great for what I needed...no frills and a good price, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My friend and I went to a show near Baltimore which ended fairly late, and we were both too tired to make the drive all the way back to PA. He checked his Choice Hotels account and found that he had enough points for a free night...well, nothing beats free! We arrived around 1:30 am and were checked in quickly and efficiently. The room was very spacious and clean, and the bed was oh so comfortable. Because we arrived so late, we asked for and received a late check-out time, so we were able to sleep in, get up in time for the included breakfast and even head to the pool and hot tub.

The breakfast attendant was extremely attentive! She kept everything filled and as soon as someone walked out she would hurry to clear the tables. There were the usual yogurts, cold cereals, hard boiled eggs and breads, bagels, danish, but also sausage, mini-omelettes and hot biscuits along with that make-your-own-waffle machine.

There were only two things that kept me from giving this 5 stars. I tried to get into the hot tub, but the water seemed extremely hot. The poster on the wall said that the hot tub should be no more than 104 degrees, but I felt like a lobster about to take that last slide. I sat on the edge and managed to get my legs in there for a few minutes but had to get out. There was no thermometer anywhere that I could see to verify the water temperature.

The only other issue I had was the TV. Neither of us could figure out how to make it work. We could turn it on, and that was it. Nothing we did would change the channel. We decided not to bother.

Other than that, the room, as I said, was clean and comfortable, and it is very close to I-95. Afterwards we took a side trip down to Elk Neck and Turkey Point to see the magnificent Chesapeake Bay.

One caution: it's a bit tricky to get into the driveway for the hotel. We went right past it! You must turn into the Flying J convenience area and pass through it to get there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2011

While there are non-smoking rooms in the hotel, they are intermingled throughout the hallway with the smoking rooms. The hallways smell so much of cigarette smoke that I could hardly leave my room. There was even a slight haze in the hallway from the smoke coming out of the smoking rooms. Walking through the hazy hallways left my eyes burning and my tongue numb from the smoke.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#2 of 8 in Elkton
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!