“Don't stay here!! Call the Maryland Dept. of Health”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North East
Earth
“Don't stay here!! Call the Maryland Dept. of Health”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Was given a disabled room. Checked in the room, there was poop in the toilet, long brown hair all over the shower walls, used shampoo and soap lying on the shower floor. Called the manager who came to the room and he told us we put all that there, WE HAD JUST CHECKED IN!! We insisted that they reimburse us, they refused, we called Comfort Inn Corporate Office and they were no help. The front desk threatened to call the police if we didn't leave. See many other reviews of this hotel where they do the same thing to guests by threatening to call the police. This is another Patel Palace.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k4jdp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kittery Point, Maine
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This motel is close to the highway, and also lose to the sweet village of North East, MD., which has several wonderful restaurants.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious, as well as being reasonably priced. We were headed south and got underway early in the morning and beat all of the Washigton, DC crazy traffic.

Room Tip: We had a pup and they put us near the back door which was convenient.
Green Features: I liked the recommendation that you use your towel more than once if staying multiple nights.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Anil P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for completing a survey for our hotel. Your kind words are encouraging to our staff and greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Respectfully,
Natoshia - AGM
North, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here using points on a very cold Nov night. Staff was outstanding welcomed me and thanked me for being a loyal customer. Breakfast was hot and filling. Grounds neat and clean. Felt safe even when arriving late in evening.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for our hotel. The kind words from our guests are always encouraging to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future. Again thank you!

Natoshia
Greenbush, Maine
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stopping for the night at this hotel, I noticed the front entry wasn't that clean or welcoming. But, the ad said newly renovated. The room itself was very nice and appeared to be clean and new. We settled in for the night. Traveling from Maine to Florida ( we are snow birds). We had a drink and were getting ready to have a night time snack before retiring, when I noticed in the corner of the room. A huge (size of a dime) bed-bug. We called front desk and she sent the maintenance man, who couldn't speak English. He got the bug and left. Knowing if there is one there will be 21 or more. So we went to the front desk. The girl didn't know what to do about a refund. So she called the manager. I have never had someone in a professional position like this, be as unprofessional as she was. She told me I would have to wait until 8:00 to 8:30 AM, when she came in to inspect the room. If she found anymore bed bugs she would discount my room. She was speaking loudly to me and at one point during the conversation she told her husband to "quote" [---]. I told her that I would just have my credit card company dispute the charge. And she promptly told me she was calling the cops and having us removed from the premises. So I called the police and reported the issue myself. We checked our suit cases out and put them back in the car. And because we had had a drink we stayed and left early next morning. The reason they renovated was because of bed bugs, they missed at least one. Stay away from this hotel and the very rude and unprofessional manager.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fliptwice
Anil P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for our property.

I can assure you that our property is a "bed-bug" free property. We have a licensed pest control company that comes out every other week to treat our guest rooms and common areas. Lots of time people tend to mistakely identify certains "bugs". Bed bugs are very, very small, normally not the size of a dime. With bed bugs they tend to be in the mattress/boxspring and they will come out once the person is sleeping because bed bugs feed off of the carbon monoxide that our bodies put off when we are in a deep sleep. Regardless we still would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced while staying at our property.

Respectfully,
Hotel Management
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Looks newly remodel rooms, very roomy and clean. Very friendly staff and helpful. Go a nice little breakfast room, with a great attendant. This is a two level hotel without an elevator. They have a nice pool but needs a touch up and I believe they were working on it. Has free WIFI and several entrance that are card secured. Front desk was very friendly.

Room Tip: Great for groups!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Anil P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 November 2013

Kind Regards,

Management Team
PA
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Was looking for a hotel within driving distance of Elk Neck state park. Comfort Inn is conveniently located on 272 between 95 and 40. The room was quiet. Like all hotel rooms, it had that musty smell when I first entered; however my first floor room had a real window. Opening that was a treat you don't often get in hotels anymore; and the staleness quickly disappeared. FYI: There is a safety mechanism in place on the windows. Bed was comfortable, and room clean. Furnishings show some wear, but all are functional. Front desk staff is very friendly. Impressed to see them multi tasking (assisting with breakfast room, vacuuming front rug when we arrived). The care for guests and maintenance is everyone's responsibility at this hotel. And the other thing - they are nice to each other. May sound silly, but too often I have seen front desk staff be rude to maintenance or housekeeping personnel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Kind Regards,

Management Team
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Hello every one I bin traveling all over Trucking, fishing from N.J. to AL ,Boston ,Main ,Fl etc this weekend was the first time 9/14/2013 I felt that I didn't leave my house cause when I checked in around 5 min I received a call from Atarah say Mr Gomez is everything fine and do I need anything this was the first time and around maybe 20 years from me traveling all over that some one called me back checking on me .If every were we all travel and people like Atarah checks on us we will feel like home and not away .THANK YOU VERY MUCH ATARAH for making me feel at home God Bless you and your family I will be back and hope you are still there at MD.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
#2 of 8 in Elkton
Tequendama Inn Estacion
Tequendama Inn Estacion
#10 of 10 in Buenaventura

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!