“Just Fine - Don't Miss Main St, North East!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North East
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel is fine. Ask for a room away from the road. North East is a small waterfront town with great food and shopping. I highly suggest not to worry about this hotel. It's perfect for staying right off 95 and VERY close to North East (about 2-3 minutes). The maanagers at the hotel are very accomodating and will do their best to help get a room at suits your needs. They are even available after regular hours. Our family often stays here since it is so close to everything, especially 95 North and South. I would say this place is average as I think most place are if you are just jumping off the highway. Rooms and linens are clean and breakfacst in the morning. Go walking in North East and stop by Steak & Main (a.k.a. The Oyster House) as seen on the Travel Channel "man vs Food" show. The food is amazing whether you sit at the bar or the dining room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road and maybe not backed up to the train tracks.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I am a platinum Priority club member, after a long days drive. We head to this Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was remodeled and the rooms were nice, no complaints there. But both Queen beds mattresses in my room were so old, you could literally feels the springs in your back, my daughter even said she felt like she was sleeping on cardboard. I love Holiday Inn's but lately it seems hit or miss. I even told the on duty staff and she just said, "sorry." I'm about the switch hotel chains, if I can not find a consistent quality room. Second, smoking inside the hotel should be banned, the smoke travels through vents into non smoking rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding. Plenty of parking, clean entrance, and good overall look. Reserved a King bed, the room was clean and well kept. Great for over night stay, impressed and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stopped here at about 11:30 pm. The manager at the front desk was beyond friendly. She helped us get a great rate and was extremely friendly. The room was extremely clean and offered plenty of room for my family of 4. My kids loved the breakfast as well as they had a nice variety including a pancake maker. The bed was extremely comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again. As far as the noise, there definitely was some but it didn't ruin our experience in any way.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

After battling heavy traffic which often came to a standstill through the Washington, DC area on our trip from the South, we were happy to see a sign in the dark of for a Holiday Inn Express. It was late so my granddaughter and I did not use the pool or exercise facilities but each logged on to our computers and then went to sleep. In the morning, as the hotel guests all lamented the ordeal of the previous day's drive at breakfast and our dread of hitting 95 again, those experienced with the routes and alternatives shared their expertise. There was an old-fashioned homey feel as we enjoyed breakfast together. As we left, we needed batteries and were directed to Wal-mart nearby.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I travel all the time for business and this was one of my worst experiences ever. First, they gave me a smoking room when I confirmed my American Express Reservasion was for non-smoking. I called the front desk and am a Priority Club member but they said they were sold out of non-smoking - but the parking lot was not that full. The odor was horrible in the room with everything brown from smoke. Beyond this, the rooms are EXTREMELY noisy from the major road next to the hotel. Constant traffic at 1 AM and the windows were pathetic. The bedding and pillows were very old and lumpy. I've had good experiences at other Holiday Inn expresses but there is good reason this one is poorly rated and it will be a long time if ever that I'll stay at another property that I'm not familiar with. The Company should step in to address this poorly managed hotel that is tarnishing its name.

Room Tip: Stay away from the noisy main road.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I hate this hotel for 2 main resons- 1) all the doors slam & echo down the hall. I heard about 50 door slams from 9pm-10:30pm alone, more around midnight, then again around 5am etc. 2) I left a personal pillow on the end of the bed with a unique pillow case, a second allergy barrier case and a baby blanket stuffed between the 2 cases. When I called the next day to ask if they'd found it they said they couldn't find it- talked to multiple managers etc who basically called me a liar- saying I couldn't have left it there because they always put things in lost & found. My family will never stay here again & frankly this stay turns me off of Holiday Inn in general.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#1 of 8 in Elkton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East? Share your experiences!