“Relaxing, comfortable stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North East
pennsylvania
“Relaxing, comfortable stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in North East, Md. We enjoyed the refreshing outdoor pool. The pool was clean and there were pool towels available for the guests to use. The breakfast buffet was terrific! The attendant, Diana, is a master at multi tasking. Not only did she surpass the guest's needs, but she made us feel like family. She was a joy just to talk to in the mornings! Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint about the stay is that the spa is still closed. I asked about the hot tub because we really wanted to use it. I was told that the spa has been closed for years and the owner refuses to have it repaired. Overall, all of the staff members were very engaging and we felt welcomed and comfortable staying here.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway as there is some traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlestown, Maryland
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The staff is amazing. It brings back the old time "customer service" and shows what customer service USE to be!!!! The rooms were nice and clean. Comfy bed and LOTS of pillows. Breakfast was hot and ready with a lot of choices. I also used the conference room while there, and it was set up however I wanted before I arrived.
There was plenty of parking and it was clean outside and in.
Everything was fantastic, but I really can't say enough great things about the staff. They just make the stay the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
expressne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Antsmom1990,

Thank You, for the kind compliments about the staff and breakfast. We do our best to make sure our guests are happy when they leave, and will your pass the message along to the staff.

Southeast Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This Holiday Inn is located right where we wanted it, near Havre de Grace and North East. The hotel is very easy to find and has plenty of parking. We arrived quite early, 11 am, and simply wanted to be sure they had a crib available. Not only did the friendly lady at the counter inform me they did have the crib ready, but told me our room was already available for check in! How wonderful, I was not expecting this and she certainly didn't have to let me check in. The room is a good size, bed was comfy with lots of pillows. Plenty of outlets for charging electronics and the HVAC unit was functioning perfect (no weird noises from it, did its job well). Their pool was fabulous. Clean, warm but not bath water. We have been at lots of hotels with indoor pools and none hold a candle to this outdoor one. The room was quiet- could not hear any neighbors and, in fact, I wondered if we had any neighbors until I was in the bathroom at 6:30 and heard their shower already going. I did not hear it in the actual room. Great hotel and if we're in this area again will definitely stay.

Room Tip: Top floor; perhaps bring a fan for background noise if you're on the side nearest to the freeway
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Two_Bears_Traveling
expressne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Two_Bears_Traveling,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and your wonderful feed back. We look forward to your next stay with us.
statesboro
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had stopped at a rest area and got one of those coupon booklets on motels so I called and got a reservation at the this motel when we got there to my surprise they did not except the coupon I was very upset so I ask if I could have an upgrade because I am an Platinum member which she said I could not. Also this motel charges more than the average Holiday Inn Express I would not recommend this motel to anybody and I a have stayed in a lot of Holiday Inn's.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear steve c,

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for choosing us. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We spent a night on our way elsewhere. Convenient on-off to interstate. Clean and courteous. Good breakfast with plenty of selection. Pick up the hotel flyer magazine at one of rest stops for the best rate.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank D S
amalphiea
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed here while attending the Fair Hill Scottish Games. The staff were friendly and courteous, the room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast in the morning had hot and cold food. Hot cinnamon buns were a plus. The town of North East is very cute with nice restaurants. I would stay here again. The only annoying thing is that it can be very hard to make a left turn into the place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank amalphiea
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

The room was excellent! Staff was courteous. Free breakfast included hot cinnamon buns with frosting. Only downside was spa not working and one machine in the workout room malfunctioned. Got a great deal for 3 nights thru Hotwire.com. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Tequendama Inn Estacion
Tequendama Inn Estacion
#10 of 10 in Buenaventura

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East? Share your experiences!