“Enjoyable 2 nights at fine hotel”

Best Western North East Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North East
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My wife & I spent 2 nights here on a getaway which was also an early birthday present for her. Looked at accommodations in Havre De Grace, Aberdeen, etc. but chose this hotel because it had good reviews and the management seemed responsive. Check in was easy and we were given a large room with 2 queen beds, desk, mini-frig & microwave. The beds were comfy and the internet signal was strong. The hotel offers a decent breakfast, good size heated indoor pool, hot tub, and exercise room. All of which we used and enjoyed. The pool is large enough to swim laps and the hot tub was HOT.

During our stay, we encountered a security problem while away from the hotel. It had nothing to do with the hotel but I'd like to thank the front desk staff who were very helpful after they found out about our problem. They relayed messages to us quickly and gave us late checkout without being asked.

I'd also like to thank the lady in charge of the breakfast area. She did a great job keeping the food items well stocked and clearing tables as guests left. The food was better than normal with a couple of hot dishes, 3 cold cereals, fruit, juice, Yogurt, toast, and bagels.

The only nits we recall was some of the hangers could not be removed from the rod in the closet making it cumbersome to use and the response time on the internet was slow.

We will definitely consider staying here in the future.

Room Tip: If you plan to go into Aberdeen or Have De Grace a lot you might want to stay on the southern side o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western North East Inn

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed at this Best Western on the home from Florida. Very nice and clean. Nice breakfast and the best part is it is right off Rt 95 and Pet Friendly. Our room was a couple of rooms from the side door which was very helpful when you have a pet that needs to be walked.... Very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We were at this hotel for 2 nights & it it was a pleasant stay altogether. The Rooms were quite cosy & spacious as our friends had booked a Family Suite we had ample space with other utilities such as Microwave, Fridge, etc. Towels & linen were very clean as well as the room & Bathroom.

The kids used the Pool & Hottub which is located in a private area with casual seating.

The breakfast was simple but welcoming but re-filling should be attended to more often and vending machines at each floor was convenient too.

Room Tip: 4th floor had a pleasant view from the windows any time of the day.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Having stayed at this BW in the past, decided to stop over again on our annual road trip from Maine to Gatlinburg, TN. Found this property to be up to BW standards, maybe a bit better than most. Staff was pleasant and welcoming. Room was clean and well appointed, although we did note a slightly peculiar odor upon entering the room....cleaning solution, perhaps?
Hot tub and pool available and appreciated. Adequate breakfast presented.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I find Best Westerns, overall, reliable. That is true with this particular BW. I oftentimes book online, but this time I decided to phone in my reservation. This BW allows smoking and I wanted to know the particulars on that. I prefer not to breathe in second-hand smoke and my six-year old is considered "Pre-Asthmatic." The gal I spoke with offered to put us in a room at the most remote location. I decided to give it a try. I am hyper-sensitive to smoke and didn't detect a trace indoors.
This was a surprise trip for my son during Spring break. The priority was a pool. This particular BW has very generous pool hours; 9am-10pm. That is good to know for families who really "need" that energy burner. The pool was heated and a decent size. There was also a hot tub.
The room was clean and provided the amenities I wanted. I confess, however, the room coffee was the absolute WORST I have ever had. Our mattress was a bit uncomfortable, but not unbearably so for us.
Breakfast at this BW was all right. Coffee, (better than the room, but barely) juice, yogurt, old-ish fruit, assorted breads, scrambled eggs, sausages (scrapple one day) and as another stated, very good freshly made waffles. The attendant at the breakfast area was extremely pleasant. I also noticed another gentleman who seemed to be an all-around worker. I noticed this gentleman take care of the pool, sweep floors and fix holes in the wall. I admire and like seeing this kind of attention to one's job. It shows pride and it made me feel like I was in an establishment where the staff truly cared about "their" hotel.
Upon check-out we were referred to the Herr's Factory for a tour. Check it out if you find yourself in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 427 and the sunrise was spectacular!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank happythreesome
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently for a business trip that involved 2 overnights. We needed a meeting room and the staff accomodated us with everything necessary PLUS great personal attention. We needed 5 rooms for staff for the time frame and EVERYONE loved the helpful, courteous hotel staff. Clean rooms, great personal service - who could ask for more!

Room Tip: Ask the staff for whatever personal needs you have to be met - they will accomodate!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Elkton
#1 of 8 in Elkton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area

Been to Best Western North East Inn? Share your experiences!