“Exceeded expectations”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North East
Washington DC
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice, clean property. Staff was courteous and accommodating. Room was large and very well designed, with good reading lighting, a desk with a comfortable chair and a comfy bed. Free wi-fi. Breakfast was not impressive, but the coffee was great. Didn't use it, bit there was an attractive indoor pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mooresville, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband is a stroke survivor which required some extra attention on the part of the staff (e.g., late or no housekeeping requests, proactively offering help when observing the need such as holding doors open or helping carry food to the table from the breakfast buffet). They were WONDERFUL!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Virginia M
perryville, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

i had a fire in my apartment building so i had to stay at best western for 15 days.the staff could not have been any nicer.the hotel was extremley clean,the pool was clean as was the workout room.the breakfast was a hot one everymorning.will definatley stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Mark N
Peru, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This motel is a very nice place to stay. The staff are courteous, and helpful. There is a nice indoor pool and a good assortment of foods at the breakfast bar. The free Internet was real plus for us, but I found the download speed to be a little slow.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 July 2014

this is your average hotel, no special accomodations..rooms are kinda dark but comfortable. The price is good if you need a local place to sleep. Staff was nice and helpful able to have early check in

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great for a night or two for business travel. My room was clean, the hotel is very convenient to I-95, the staff was pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was good. All for the right price. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was so horrible, I can't even believe it.

When I arrived the hotel was old and tired, but it was cheap and I was tired, so I stayed. It definitely is in need of a facelift. Anyway, the carpet was a little sticky and unclean. I kept my shoes on.The bathroom looked ok.

I went to bed, and there was a crazy party outside my window. I waited until 1130 and then called down to the desk and asked them to ask the guests to quiet down. They moved inside, and of course, they were on my floor. The party continued to 2AM, and the hotel did nothing about it.

I was sleeping fitfully, and I felt something crawling on my forehead. I grabbed at it and it was a 1" long centipede! Ewwwwww...... I threw back the covers and didn't see any more bugs, but I did see lots of long straight hairs. I have short very curly hair. The hairs were definitely not mine. It seemed that they had not changed the sheets on my bed.

When I finally got up, early and very tired, I went into the bathroom and saw more of these straight long hairs on the bathroom floor. Obviously they didn't try hard to clean the room.

So, even if you get a clean room, without bugs, and without crazy noisy neighbors, the beds were very uncomfortable. The pillows were totally lumpy. The towels were scratchy. And the soap and shampoo were pretty bad, too.

I should mention that I do a ton of traveling for work and my company makes us go budget. This was the worst work travel experience I have had. Not only will I not stay here again, I will never stay at a Best Western again.

Room Tip: there is no way to get a good room here