“Big lumps of crab...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

...in the crab soup and crabcake. Very interesting decor and lay-out. Parking available in the back. Hostesses are a little too involved with each other, but waitstaff is friendly and accomodating. Seating inside or out.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love the crab cakes steamed broccoli and twice baked potato. I must say the seafood nachos are fantastic, would not have ever ordered seafood nachos but the are a white sauce with crab shrimp and scallops yum!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love coming here! One of best seafood restaurants around! We are lovers of raw oysters that are good. This place has a variety which we love! We’ve had numerous meals/dinners here and haven’t found anything we didn’t like. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

This is our first time dining here. We came past 7:30pm and did not have to wait for a table. Our server was Lisa - very nice, knowledgeable about the menu including all the drinks, and very patient with us. They were out of blue crabs that day. I had the little bucket of clams (should have ordered the big bucket because they were delicious) and a single crab cake dinner (came with two sides). The crab cake was delicious but too small. The cucumber tomato salad was delicious. My husband had the lobster dinner. He declared it a winner. I had the amaretto bread pudding (one serving is good for 2 people) and it came piping hot with a large scoop of vanilla on top. It was heavenly! My husband had the chocolate cake and our server, Lisa, warned him he may have to take the rest home since it was a huge serving. She was right.

There were only two stalls in the women's bathroom and one had a broken (and hanging) doorknob (they put a sort of a hook-and-eyelet contraption to keep the door closed while one is using the toilet). For the prices they charge here, I am sure they can afford to fix up the restroom.

1  Thank justlucy123
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We are working our way through the restaurants in North East and Woody's was up next. We went in pretty well knowing what we wanted. Started with a dozen oysters (six each of two kinds), a beer and a glass of pinot grigio. The oysters were very good, really cold and sweet. The sauce was a bit bland and I was glad for the little dish of horseradish provided. Oysters are expensive and rightly so--but it's nice to find a restaurant that will provide a bit of a deal on a dozen to make the meal a little more affordable.

My husband had a crabcake, fired, which came with chips, a tiny dish of cole slaw and a good dill pickle. The lettuce and tomato were pretty bad and he should probably have opted for French fries rather than chips, but the cake was good. My Maryland crab soup was really good, big pieces of crab, chunky vegetables.

My husband decided he wanted dessert--unusual for him--and went for the carrot cake. Now I had just seen a guy across the room trying to leverage the most enormous piece of chocolate cake into a carry-out container--and he had a hard time with that. Our carrot cake which was very good (well spiced cake, frosting not too sweet) was equally enormous: four layers high and about 3" wide at the back. Our server Raechel warned us it would be large so we asked for a container at the same time. The leftovers look like breakfast tomorrow--and maybe the next day.

Woody's is a proper crab shack--concrete floor, tables covered with brown paper and a roll of paper towels alongside the salt and pepper. There's also a container of crayons in case anyone in your party is artistically inclined. Looks like a place to invite the gang for steamed crabs this summer!