“Awesome Place!”
Review of The Garrett Inn

The Garrett Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Oakland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I love this motel! Me and my family stayed here in June, and it is such a great place to stay! We met the owners when we checked in, and they were so nice and hospitable! The rooms are so well decorated it feels as if you were sitting in a homey country-like house! I could tell the owners personally designed the rooms themselves because I have never seen a room quite like this! This was honestly the cleanest motel I have ever been to!! Definitely call ahead to make a reservation though because they fill up really quickly! I recommend this place for anyone. I will definitely be back myself!!

Room Tip: Room 101 was very nicely decorated!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucasazm
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us we always love to hear from our guest and how they liked staying with us , please do stop back , Jeff

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This a small, one-story motor inn. It is very basic, but fit my needs perfectly. The room was clean, fairly large with two double beds. Everything worked, including the WiFi. If you need the perks and amenities of a major chain, there are several in the area at 50%-100% greater cost.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill K
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to write us your thoughs actually all the rooms have two queen size pillow top mattresses, please stop by again and thank you, Jeff

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Several weeks ago my in-laws were both killed in a house fire in nearby WV. This was our first stay. It became a haven for us during those first few days when we were still in a state of disbelief and grief. The staff was fantastic and very supportive. The room
was clean and even smelt good vs the fake sterile hotel smell. Each room has a different theme with beautiful quilts. It felt like we were staying in someone's home vs a cold sterile hotel. At the end of each exhausting and emotional day our room became the haven where we could recharge for the next day. Denise and her husband were so gracious and kind to us and for that we will always be thankful. But the professionalism and dedication to their guests does not stop there. We returned this week for the funerals and received again the same level of service. In fact it went beyond what anyone would expect from a company. My sister-in-law stayed next door and misplaced her night guard retainer. She thought she had left it in her room when she could not find it upon her return to Michigan. Denise and I searched her room to no avail. In fact, her husband checked again as well. When that did not reveal the miissing retainer Denise and her husband went above and beyond what anyone would expect , they went into the dumpster and went through the trash for the day to determine if it had been thrown away. While their attempts were unsuccessful, their dedication and kindness to their guests went far beyond the norm. We have traveled throughout the world but have never been treated like or felt like family. The Garrett Inn and its people are the best and truly helped make the worst time in our lives a little more bearable and for that we will always be grateful.

Room Tip: While all the rooms are great and have a different theme, our favorite was room 108...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review it was very touching. Your cousin called and she found her mouth piece in her bag. ( so glad she found it ) We hope you can come back again for a relaxing stress free vacation. Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Inn! We stayed there for the first time one year ago. We loved it so much the last time that we decided to return there again. We loved the room last year and this year the room was even better! It had been newly refurbished. The beds were super comfy and everything was neat, and immaculately clean. The owner is very nice and helpful. Nice furniture and bedding and little touches here and there to make the room comfy, cozy, and homey! We simply love the Garrett Inn and we plan on staying there every time we visit the Deep Creek area. Thank you again!!!

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for another great review, we are happy you found us the first time good to see you for the second time looking forward to next year for the third time or maybe sooner. Its people like you that make us enjoy doing what we do.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I find the review below on the Garrett Inn appalling and immature. I have stayed at this motel several times and it is by far the best value for a quality stay by the lake. The owners happen to be some of the nicest people that I have ever met. They do everything possible to make your stay pleasant and treat every customer with respect. I think that it is safe to say that GoldenGirrl probably left quite a bit of detail out of her review and the reason for her stay. If you leave a room in a poor state where items need to be replaced, what owner would not do the same thing to keep their place up to par for future guests? Maybe GoldenGirrl and her friend should find another motel to have "lunch".

1  Thank Kim E
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for your thoughts on how we conducted our business so we can provide our guest with above average clean rooms. Like always we look forward to sharing stories with you on the porch. Thank you again !

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have never met a more rude owner in my life. I stayed once and everything was fine the I called to make reservations for another stay and he told me that I "trashed" my room and I was never allowed to stay there again. I clearly did not "trash" the room so I asked what was wrong with the room and he said there were stains in both beds when I only slept on one of them and he said I was too rough with the furniture when I didn't even sit on a chair or eat in there or anything!!!!! I told him that he was delusional and he sure lost a lot of business and I promise I will make a point to tell every body I know about my experience. DONT NOT GIVE THIS INN YOUR BUSINESS!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Goldengirrl
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Sorry for this review, the person who wrote this review is a very young local girl who uses
the room for six hours starting at 9:00 AM. She had never called me delusional, her male friend and her had lunch from McDonalds in the room.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is the place to stay if you want a county atmosphere, clean rooms, great service and a great price! We read a few reviews of the Garrett Inn and they were wonderful, so we booked our room to stay for a night with our kids and we were blown away by the decorations and the upkeep that has been done to make this the one and only place we will ever stay when were in the Deep Creek area. Thank you for making us feel like we were at home!

Room Tip: They are all good!
1  Thank nattalie_w_1
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your time in giving us a great reveiw we always like to hear our guest opinions. Our newest addition to all the rooms are new pillow top mattresses, everybody loves them. Looking forward to your next visit ( keep those pearly whites sparkling )

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
The Lodges at Sunset Village
Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake
Lake Pointe Inn
Lake Pointe Inn
#1 of 2 in McHenry

Been to The Garrett Inn? Share your experiences!