“Tranquility!”

Inn At Deep Creek
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oakland
“Tranquility!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This place was a nice surprise. The beautiful lake was right behind the hotel. We had the fireplace room which has a beautiful high ceiling and a ceiling fan. The beds and pillows were the best we've ever slept on. It felt as if we were sleeping on clouds. Everything was very clean and well put. We had a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, microwave, and a K-Cup coffee maker, utensils and all. So convenient, right up the street was the market, gas station, Uno restaurant, HoniHoni bar and even a movie theatre. The staff at the hotel were extremely polite and helpful. We had a very pleasant experience. Definitely recommend!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa V
, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. Awesome job with taking those pictures by the way. Sometimes words just can't explain how things look, and we really appreciate you sharing those pictures with us.
Thank you for being very descriptive, I couldn't have said it better myself. I am glad to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit, and we appreciate your recommendations very much!

Kevin Palek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Overall it was a pleasant stay for the needs of our trip. Didn't spend much time in the room which had we - was very small and dark. Seems to be an older facility but was quaint and quiet. The very small kitchen had absolutely no light in it and was right outside the bathroom. Overall good experience but suggest it be updated. No stands or bars in bathroom to hang towels. The Inn was convenient to family we were visiting and would probably stay again if just for sleeping purposes.

, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Charlene,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We always like to know what we are doing right and also what areas we need to improve. So we really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and suggestions with us.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you would stay with us again in the future. I however hope that we can improve by your next stay, as we are already in the process of getting the lighting corrected, and also taking care of some other small issues.
We look forward to having you as our guest again, and hopefully next time we can make it an "Excellent Rating" stay.
Thanks Again,
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed from Friday evening until Sunday and enjoyed it tremendously. The view was great from the deck and the room was clean and comfortable.
The maid service was very nice, as well.
We will be back. Thank You!

Room Tip: Had a wonderful stay, the only suggestion I have is to stay on the 2nd floor if possible. Sitting on...

, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Eve,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with Inn at Deep Creek for your wedding weekend. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay tremendously. Our housekeeping staff will be pleased to know about your compliment.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and also for leaving suggestions for other guests. The back deck is our more popular and requested location, it is nice to know that you also enjoyed it, even in the rain!
We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review for us.
Kind Regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The service was very good, and the rooms were spacoius with complete kitchenetts, although a bit overpriced for a two story motel. Rooms are smoke-free ans some rooms are pet-friendly, so be sure to ask. Very nice common areas both inside and out. The upper rooms share a common deck, but the lower rooms have small 'private' patios with bistro sets. You are very close to shopping, restaraunts, and gas, and near a lake inlet, but the trail to the lake is littered with duck droppings everywhere, so beware. There is a small pool with lounge chairs, and an area for grilling and gathering with family and friends. We enjoyed our 'get-away' stay at the Inn, and would recommend it for both couples or families.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are close to the pool and grilling area, but you may hear footsteps above you on t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Michael,
Thank you for your great review. We were happy to have you as our guest and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and future guest. Your descriptiveness will be very helpful for other guests, and also for us so that we will be able to improve our services.
We look forward to having you as our guest again, and next time we hope to make your stay an Excellent Rating.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We absolutely loved it. Quaint rooms, beautiful scenery, excellent amenities! We loved the location in the no wake zone...our only request would be more lighting In the kitchen area. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2014
, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us this past week and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for Inn at Deep Creek.
It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. It was our pleasure having you as our guest, we are grateful for your perfect comments but we look forward to making your next stay even better.
Warm Regards,
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I always have enjoyed Deep Creek Inn so was excited to recommend it to my family for the July 4th holiday. There were many positive including a terrific staff (one desk staff member physically showed me the pool), the lovely continental breakfast, and the extra such as plentiful grills, patio chairs, and a heated pool.

Of course I realize prices are high in the summer but I was a bit disappointed in the price I paid for my room - which was half the size of other family members' rooms and the same cost. My only gripe is that I wish the staff had told me a bit more about the rooms when I called for reservations. The size of the room would have been helpful to know in advance.

It also would have been helpful if they had mentioned the room I reserved allowed pets (My husband has allergies and I hadn't realized there are pets allowed to stay there).

I blame myself for not asking enough questions but that's won't happen again.

Again, I recommend Inn at Deep Creek but truly -- do your research on the room you're reserving.

Room Tip: Ask how much counter space and drawer space is in the room (ours had very little so we were stacking...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the July 4th holiday weekend, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I’m glad to hear that you had a great time. Thank you for your compliments about everything from our pool, to our grills, to our continental breakfast and especially our staff. I wish we could have received a higher rating than a 3 from you.
Unfortunately, it looks like it was a lack of information passed to you that caused your stay to be less enjoyable. Sorry, if all the information was not passed to you but we try our best to explain each room over the phone. There are just so many things that we can go over unless we know specifically what each guest's needs are.
We do allow pets and have only certain rooms that are "pet-friendly". While the other 18 rooms are pet-free. We also have plenty of pictures up on our website for each room that we have, that can explain each room better than we can over the phone.
We hope to have you as our guest again, and next time we can better explain your room location and room type. We appreciate your recommendation.
Thanks Again,
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Based on some of the reviews and their own website, I expected more than was delivered. We checked in on a Saturday for 2 nights. Our room was to be a smoke free/pet free room. When you opened the door, stale smoke immediately blew out of the room into my face as I stood on the deck. So perhaps it used to be a smoking room or something. You definitely smelled it. Overall, the room was clean and neat. My kids and I enjoyed that the pool had a deep end. Not something you see anymore. The young lady at the front desk was very nice each time we spoke with her. At check in she said there would be a continental breakfast for Sunday morning. I had already been advised that they provide this style breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings when I called to inquire about some things before making the reservation. Traveling with 2 little girls, I considered that a PLUS. However, when we went down for breakfast, all that was offered was a spread of individually wrapped vending machine pastries and donut packs with coffee and hot tea. No juice, milk or water for the kids to drink. That was a real disappointment. Our room had an interior door in the event you were staying next to family. The family next door got in around 11:30pm and we heard everything they were saying and their television woke all of us up after settling back down. I would have called the front desk, but our room did not have a phone. The phone jack was ripped out of the wall and had been cut. I had to knock on their door at midnight and ask them to lower the volume which they politely did. It's a nice enough place, but I expected more or perhaps a higher quality for $200/night.

, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank You for sharing your experience with us, as we are always looking to improve our guest's stays. I am sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of having to deal with issues caused by other guests. We try to manage these as best as possible and are only controllable up to a point. Our rooms are all non-smoking rooms and you should not have smelled smoke unless it was lingering from our fireplaces in the rooms.
If you could please contact the hotel, I would like to speak with you on which room number you were in so we can take care of these issues, and also I would like to have a chance to make it up to you, as many of our guests really do enjoy some of our other rooms we offer.
Again thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We hope to have you back again if you are ever in the Deep Creek area, as it seems that you did enjoy everything else and we are always here to help with any issues as long as you bring them to our attention during your stay.
Warm Regards,
Kevin Palek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
The Lodges at Sunset Village
The Garrett Inn
The Garrett Inn
#1 of 6 in Oakland
Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake

Been to Inn At Deep Creek? Share your experiences!