“Nice Stay for the In-laws”
Review of Inn At Deep Creek

Inn At Deep Creek
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oakland
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice Stay for the In-laws”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

my in-laws and I stayed at this little inn while visiting the area. The rooms were nice and the beds were very firm. The room had a kitchette which is nice if you are looking to make some meals in the room. I felt like we had plenty of space and the outside areas were also nicely maintained. With the other choices in the area, I think this is the best option. We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Kelly,
It was our pleasure having you as our guest this past week. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. It is always nice to know when people love that they have found us and will be returning.
Thank you again for your compliments, we are glad that you liked our location, and rooms. Please give us a call when booking again. We hope we can make your next stay an 'Excellent' one.
Kind Regards,
Kevin Palek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
New Martinsville, WV
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Rooms were very nice. Grounds are well kept and had a great stay. Stayed with my mom for a long weekend. The room had comfortable beds and a lovely deck outside. Grill and pool area were very clean and well maintained. The only down side was the breakfast, very minimal. Thank goodness there was a mcdonalds close by. The town is quaint and cute. Got some great antique glassware on this trip.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Winston,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with Inn at Deep Creek for your getaway. We appreciate your compliments very much, as it is always nice to know our hard work is appreciated. I will also take your suggestions and make things better for our future guests. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to write an excellent review for us.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The room was nicely decorated with modern furnishings, clean and included many benefits - free Wifi, Keurig with free coffee, cable tv with premium move channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc..) , microwave, full sized fridge. Like others have commented, the lighting in the room is a little bit dark.
The location was convenient within walking distance to the local grocery and restaurants, and a five-minute drive to Deep Creek Lake park. One downside of the location was that it was near a busy intersection, and all the telephone lines and poles in the area took away from the natural setting.
As you can see from the pictures, the outside deck is shared with the other occupants on your floor, so if you like a private outdoor setting, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear David,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us this past week. I am happy to see that you had a great stay here at Inn at Deep Creek. It seems like you enjoyed all that we have to offer. We appreciate the descriptiveness that you wrote about and I’m sure that will help out other guests in the future.
Also, thank you for your comments about things to improve on. We are currently working on the lighting issue as quickly as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor. We hope to have you stay with us again. Next time you could try a more private setting in our King Executive rooms with private patios and full kitchens.
Thanks Again,
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Inn was NOT as pleasant as it has been in the past!
Rooms were filthy, hair on bath bathroom floor and in the shower , I brought this to Kevin the GMs attention and he was very unprofessional and disbelieving, I sent my son to ask for more linens and again the GM demanded to know what we were using the linens for , I confronted Kevin and he was very rude and argued that we had enough linens for our stay, I like a clean towel each time I shower and so do my family members and for what I paid I feel I owe no one an explanation , another staff member (Sharon) was present during this issue and she was very pleasant , offered to get the linens and offered apologizes for her GMs ignorance !
As far as other amenities the hotel is wonderful , coffee out in the lobby by 8 a.m. , the linens were clean and neat , the pool was heated and clean !
The professionalism of Kevin needs to be improved as well as his customer service skills ( take lessons from Sharon )

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Law4u
KevinPalek, General Manager at Inn At Deep Creek, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,
I would first like to apologize for coming off unprofessional and disbelieving. I take great pride in my professionalism and customer service skills. Sometimes being the GM also means having to make sure that everything is being accounted for. So when we have kids coming to the office and asking for things such as more linen, it is procedure to know what room these would be going to. Since he didn't know, he was instructed to go get a parent to retrieve these linens for him. At which time you came down very upset and confronting me. I do apologize but this is our common procedure to track our towels, especially when it is a guest's first day checking in and they request 8 sets of towels for one room.
As for your room being completely filthy, I do not recall having this conversation with you. If I would have had this issue brought to my attention, I would not have disbelieved you. I would have sent housekeeping up right away to clean your room. I have 6 years of management experience and I handle all situations the same and with professionalism and the best customer service I know how.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have been doing my job well for many years and I will do my best to not come off as rude or ignorant in the future. Thank you for your advice.
Monongahela, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our trip was wonderful to Deep Creek. The staff was very pleasant and our room was large and clean. Beautiful pool and grilling area. The bonfire pit was a great place to relax at night. Perfect place to relax with the family. Would be a great place for a gathering with friends or family reunion. Easy access to restaurants, bars and movie theater. Cute small town of Oakland makes for a great day trip just 15 minutes away. Having a full size refrigerator and microwave was wonderful and the patio set outside our door made for a wonderful morning coffee without having to wake everyone else in the room. The board games in the lobby was a nice touch. My daughters enjoyed taking time to play a game was alot of fun. Add a horseshoe pit or teatherball pole for a little extra entertainment someday. This is a great place to reconnect and escape.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tracy,
Thank you for your Excellent Rating. We really appreciate your kind words towards our staff. We love it here at the Inn at Deep Creek and we like knowing that our guests feel the same way.
Thank you for taking to time to explain everything about us so well. The inn is in a great central location with so many things close by not much mention all that we offer and that you got to enjoy.
Thank you for your suggestions too. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Best Regards,
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and visited Deep Creek lake once before a couple years ago, and truly fell in love with the atmosphere! We kept passing "The inn at Deep Creek" and thought what a cut place to stay. It's located in a convenient area. We finally booked a room in August 2014. When we arrived we were greeted at the front desk and given our room key. Our beautiful room overlooked the lake and was newly renovated! It was a wonderful surprise. I didn't expect to have a lake view room. Or to have such nice decor, The exposed wooden beams on the ceiling were a nice touch. You can truly relax at The Inn. Everything was clean and we'll kept. A fire pit outback along with the heated pool was nice during the cool evenings. We will be returning in the near future!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Amanda,
It was our pleasure having you as our guest this past week. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. It is always good to know when people love that they have found us and will be returning.
Thank you again for your compliments, we are glad that you liked our location, rooms, decor, and the lake view. Please give us a call when booking again. We hope we can make your next stay an 'Excellent' one.
Kind Regards,
Greater Cincinnati
Reviewed 18 August 2014

first off I want to say how clean and nice the facility is. we have stayed here 5 years in a row so that we can visit our daughter who comes in from Pennsylvania as this is the easiest place for all of us to meet up. The décor is nice, the kitchenettes are very small but at least they have them for the sizes of the rooms. This year the pool WAS heated and the lake is pretty when you wake up. The wildlife is nice to watch and drinking coffee by the lake is very nice. The second floor rooms are much more quieter if that is what you're looking for. We stayed on the first floor again this year and It was as nice as usual although the air conditioner didn't work right. After an argument with the maintenance person, it was eventually fixed. This was the first year that Danish/donuts/cookies were not served as a breakfast with coffee/ hot tea/ hot chocolate in the office Sunday thru Saturday. was told that they only serve breakfast type items on the weekends.. That was disappointing although McDonalds is right across the street. They didn't''t have the family night movie and hot dogs party that they had provided last year but yet again that is something you could do in your own room. Last year though we had such a nice time doing this because there were 8 families with kids there all TAN CUSTOMERS, we met such nice people from all over. The weather at this time of year August 8-13 seems always be rainy or cooler than usual so if you are looking for hot weather for boating, swimming etc. go in the June, July months. They do have a very nice grill out area and campfire pit that we utilize every time we can. Over all the place is nice. It has ample parking, clean conditions, nice atmosphere, and over all nice staff. some of them are less than to be desired but I am sure the customers are pains some times too. There are many things to do very close to the Inn and if you are a walmart junkie,;lol its just up the street a ways. The down falls of this Inn are the rough furniture, some needs upgrades, very uncomfortable, some up grading to the bathrooms would be nice and over night dock access is not available. We have always wanted to bring our boat but know we can't do that cause of no over night docking access. The over all stays here are nice but this is our last year here. The kids have grown up to teens now and not interested in the pool now as much as they used to be. We will be moving on to a new family visit destination. Thank you Inn at Deep Creek for 5 nice years..

Room Tip: If you are looking for more quiet stays request a second floor room on the back side of the Inn.