“Flashback in time”
Review of Will O' the Wisp

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oakland
Will O' the Wisp
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oakland
St. Augustine, Florida
“Flashback in time”
Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

We made reservations here based on Trip Advisor reviews and price. We had reserved one room and I asked at check in if we could view a unit with a different floor plan. I was told none of those units were available. I was presented 2 giant brass room keys that seemed to weigh a pound each. Our unit, which had been recently "updated" was clean and livable, but far from updated unless you consider the new bathroom vanity. The loft bedroom offers very little room or privacy. Granted we did not use any of the amenities this resort needs some TLC.

Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Have stayed in just about every style condo over the years - this time a studio loft (#709). It was very nice, clean & cozy. Decorated with photos of the travels of the owners and a few family photos. I liked that very much - made it seem much friendlier. Great indoor pool and outdoor beach area. I will stay here again-- loved it!!

Room Tip: All condos have balconies overlooking the lake.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 September 2012

no problems. like this place. stayed two days. great location. clean quiet. had a loft # 709 very nice felt like a home not a room. loved the photos in our loft. loved sitting on the balcony great views. nice little beach and boat dock. lovely swimming pool and hot tubs with cool water feature very relaxing. swollow falls state park is a must. will go back soon i hope.

Room Tip: room # 709 a loft on the 7th floor was perfect for me and my girl carol.
1 Thank Donald V
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We just left a three night stay and enjoyed staying here. I originally booked only one night after reading the reviews but once we got there we booked two more nights. Yes, an update is needed especially on the outside of the building, but we had a loft condo which was quiet, very clean and comfy. It was nice to have everything I needed to cook breakfast in the morning as I am gluten free and usually have trouble finding decent places to eat ---which brings me to the restaurant. We had a lovely meal the first night. A little pricey, but included dessert which we brought back to our room for later. They understood my dietary restrictions and checked with the chef to be sure I had a safe meal. It was deliciious. On Wednesday night we went back for "pasta mania". For $14.50 per person you get a salad and all the pasta you want. You chose your ingredients and it is prepared right in front of you. AND they had gluten free pasta! Just be aware it is crowded and reservations are recommended. I would recommend a trip to Will O' the Wisp,

Room Tip: Loft was nice for a couple but also had a Murphy bed.
1 Thank clselber
Virginia
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Spent 6 nights here over course of couple weeks on business. What a nice refreshing break from business concerns to look out over the lake and enjoy the quiet atmosphere.
Room decor varies quite a bit, as many units are individually owned/furnished, but both units were clean and comfortable, with all that I needed.

Room Tip: I selected a Loft Bedroom unit on the 7th floor, which was more than spacious enough for me and prov...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pleatrav
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is a great place for families. The cost of a multi-bedroom condo is reasonable, and it comes with a full kitchen. Unlike renting a house on the lake, you have an indoor pool and hot tub. Very nice.

It is clean and functional with great views of the lake. We brought our pontoon boat and docked it right there. It was lovely.

I agree with the other reviews that the condos could use updating - but frankly, with a young family, I loved that I didn't have to worry about new carpet!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly S
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed in a spacious and very clean 3 bedroom condo. The pool and hot tub area were very nice. The location is great and the view of the lake made afternoons very relaxing. However, this condo complex really needs a facelist.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
The Lodges at Sunset Village
Wisp Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Lake Pointe Inn
Lake Pointe Inn
#1 of 2 in McHenry

Been to Will O' the Wisp? Share your experiences!