Will O' the Wisp
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Inn At Deep Creek(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$107
Oakland Motel(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Lodges at Sunset Village(McHenry)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$83
QualityInn
Heldreth Motel(Kingwood)
US$73
Priceline
Yough Valley Motel(Friendsville)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$76
US$116
US$110
Keyser Inn(Keyser)
US$78
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolthe kitchengreat view of the lakeliving roomdeep creek lakesandy beachfall visitan older buildingboat dockmain living areanight stayshort drivefirst floorget awaycondotubsunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked a fall trip here two months ago in one of the Full-Bedroom-Loft Units on the 7th floor. Our stay here was an outstanding experience. When booking, our host Spencer, was extremely helpful answering my many questions. During the stay, the front desk was very helpful in offering recommendations and accommodating any requests (extra wine glasses and extra time on checkout). The views from the 704 unit were excellent...It was a awesome waking up to a spectacular view of the lake. One of the days was dreary, so it was useful that the room had a blu-ray player and 42" LCD TV. Also the game room and the pool/hot-tub were handy for that day. The attached restaurant (Aces?) was quality and a nice spot to hang out. Overall an excellent experience and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arun A
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My partner and I rented a one-bedroom first floor condo (I believe it was unit 108) for five days at the beginning of Oct. 2013. We were very pleased with both the accommodations and the location. Staff was very courteous and the property was clean and welcoming thru-out. The condo itself was well-appointed and very comfortable for two people. The kitchen has been updated; the bathroom a bit dated, but clean. It was pretty quiet overall, probably because it was sort of between seasons. We had kayaks delivered from Wisp resort right to the beach in front of our unit---no muss, no fuss. The on-site restaurant was excellent and very affordable. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: I would personally go for first floor for ease of getting to the lake. The view is just fine (at least in October).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We recently spent a couple nights here in a 7th fl. loft suite. The view from the balcony was spectacular. The 3rd fl hot tubs were perfect - warm and sparkling clean and the pool was 8 ft deep and also sparkling clean. The price was very reasonable. The actual unit was clean, and comfortably furnished though the bathroom is dated and the floor tile is in rough shape. Everything ( except the windows) was very clean. CONS: My only concern was with the website - it is very time consuming to ferret out which units are NON-smoking (which is a very important feature to us), the information is buried within the listing under the heading "amenities" and even then it isn't obvious.. There is a list of items which may list smoking, if it isn't listed then it is apparently a non-smoking unit. The smoking or non info for each unit should be prominently noted and very obvious for each unit, it is a very basic but important factor.. One should be able to access a list of all the non-smoking units first and then choose one and check availability. This info is important for non-smoking renters and smokers also. My allergies act up if i am exposed to heavy doses of cigarette smoke so I need to know and I am sure there are others who feel the same way. I was ready to stay elsewhere because I didn't have time to open each listing and check "amenities" but instead called the front desk and a very nice lady named Ruth helped me to locate a couple of non-smoking units. At check in, the staff was very pleasant and provided us with helpful information, We really enjoyed using the hot tub and pool and enjoyed our stay and would stay again. I hope they change the website to prominently list which units are Non-smoking and which allow Smoking . Also the "advanced search" feature does not work on the website.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We come every year (August) for a family reunion from California. This is a great place to stay. They have remolded quite a bit. Since every unit is privately owned they each have their own character. Their website shows the different rooms now, so very helpful. I like the 7th floor of you're looking for a romantic get-away. The ground floor units are great for kids since you walk right out to the beach, as well as the 3rd floor which has the pool. The game room is nice for the kids. Their gym is adequate but every year it seems to get a little better. I really enjoying spending our week here. Most of the staff has been there for a very long time, so that says quite a lot. The kitchens are equipped well too.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, go to 2nd and 7th floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Blondieinsocal
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

So my asst booked me a room here overnight on business and it was a pleasant surprise. The room itself was a bit like a small apartment so not like the normal business hotel, but it was a nice surprise. The rooms were clean but a bit dated, but the location and views were spectacular. The only drawback I found was not having a nice place to take an early run, without getting on the busy road,

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business