“The Last Good Denny's?”

Denny's
Ranked #26 of 50 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I usually don't think to eat at Denny's anymore, because I have found the food to be pretty mediocre at the ones that I have visited. But I have now eaten at this one twice, and I have found the food to be much better than mediocre. Even though this restaurant is located in a pretty small town - but on the fringe of a popular lake and small ski resort - it seems to handle a diverse clientele in stride. The service has been polite and attentive, and the food has seemed pretty fresh and not too processed. I had a cobb salad with grilled chicken today, and it was good for the price. I tried someone's quesadilla, and it was good. Others in my party said that they like their food, which consisted of breakfast items (e.g., eggs, pancakes, and biscuits and gravy). If I lived closer, I think that I would be happy to eat here regularly. Too bad the Denny's restaurants near where I live cannot serve similarly good food.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I went this morning for breakfast with the family, we enjoyed the food and the service, it wasn't too crowded and the waitress was very nice. I will definitely come back.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

The food is good & the price is right but the service is usually not that great. They always seem under staffed. There doesn't seem to be a hostess/cashier. The servers have to take the time away from their tables to seat the door & run the register. On our last visit the server forgot to bring our salads, she was very nice but seemed sort of clueless.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Well, what can you say about Denny's. Either you like it or you don't. If your are in Oakland, eat breakfast at Wendy's Towne Restaurant.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We always end up here when we go out with my family. It's really a nice casual dinner and the kids love the variety plus breakfast is available all day. We had their cheese fries with bacon, half order of nachos, cranberry apple chicken salad, spaghetti and meatballs, and steak and eggs and kids had cheeseburger and mac &cheese -- everyone enjoyed their food. The restaurant is clean, service is good. This is a nice Denny's. We will return!