“Right in the middle of the action”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shoreham Hotel

Shoreham Hotel
Ranked #80 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Manassas, Virginia
“Right in the middle of the action”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend and had a great time. We had an oceanfront room and the view was great. We stayed on the third floor which was perfect however, the stairs were a little annoying to climb so much. On the first night we turned off the a/c and just opened the window. The breeze was great but it was a bit noisy due to the restaurant Shennigan's and the boardwalk right below us. We decided to just keep the a/c on after that. Speaking of Shennigan's I would recommend going there the food is good. I really can't understand why there are any bad reviews of this place. You can't beat the price any where on the boardwalk. If you are looking for alot of ammenties this isn't the place for you, but if you are looking for a nice place to sleep on the boardwalk then this is the place to stay. Overall it was a great stay and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chickiebabie

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed at the Shoreham Hotel. My husband & I along with our 2 youngest children and we enjoyed our time there. The bathroom was small and the shower did go from cold to hot on its own & the bathroom was small there is no balcony but Its still a great hotel to stay for the price. Our beds were clean!!! To me, thats a plus! They have a window along with chairs at the end of the hall so you can sit & look out at the boardwalk. The music was loud on the 1st floor but we dont mind noise, kids slept through it. I would stay at the shoreham again. I think its a great place to stay! Our housekeeper was very nice and also the lady who checked us in.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank msc36
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Worst stay ever! Room smelled like smoke and the room's floor was slanted. Make sure you ask for the receipt after they swipe your card!! They charge it more than they say the do! The manager was rude when confronted about the situation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

My husband and I called on our way to the beach to see if they had any rooms.. they were very helpful and got us a room. Oceanfront.. Very clean and nice. The location was AWESOME ! Would love to stay their again.. The employees were very friendly.. Made you feel at home.. Thanks for a great stay.. The Huey's

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chriskelly73011
Arnold, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Pros: great location, the price was relatively cheap compared to other ocean front hotels; the attached restaurant was great; Ryan at the front desk was entertaining, the cleaning staff was very helpful
Cons: it took at least 5 phone calls over a week to this hotel before they finally returned my call to book a room; although the bathroom was clean, it was very small; a friend also visiting Ocean City left 2 messages for me at the hotel which I never received (not surprising since they didn't returned my calls to book a room)

In addition, don't complain that they don't have balconies after you get there because if you check out their website, it is obvious in the picture that they don't have balconies. This is a great hotel for the price. I will be returning there next year if they return my calls.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so keep that in mind when booking your room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank formersquidjar
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I Stayed At This Hotel For A Weekend And I Have No Complaints. Truth Is This Is Not A 5 Star Hotel Or Super Luxurious But If You Trying To Have A Great Time On A Budget This Is The Place For You. The Hotel Staff Is Really Nice. House Keeping Excellent And The Location Unbeatable!! Right In The Middle Of The Boardwalk!!!!! The Room Was Big Enough For The 4 Of Us And The Beds Clean And Comfortable

My Only Complaint (If You Want To Call It Like That) Will Be That The Shower Is Too Tiny And You Barely Have Space To Move. Also The Water Kept Changing Temperature By ItSelf. And We Couldnt Really Get Some Good Sleep Because We Were On The First Floor OnTop Of The Irish Pub/Bar And You Can Hear The Music And Drunk People Screaming And Everything...
OVERALL Was A Great Experience That Didnt Really Hurt My Pocket Or Wallet , I Will Definetly Recomend This Hotel To All My Friends.
TIP: If You Are Not A Good Friend Of Noisy Nights Stay As Far Away Of The 1st Floor As Possible! The Rooms Are On Top Of The Bar And You Can Actually Hear EVERYTHING And They Close Untill 2AM.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mel Q
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

The Shoreham had great prices and the service was great even though it's not the most luxurious place they are right on the boardwalk. And for my first time in ocean city being that close helped me to enjoy myself even more with my boyfriend and Bestfriend. Who whenever she stays in ocean city has never been that close to the boardwalk

• Stayed July 2011