“Great location, better than expected..”
Review of Shoreham Hotel

Shoreham Hotel
Ranked #86 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I was looking for a last minute hotel for a mini week get away. I wanted to stay on the boardwalk, yet most places were either booked or much more than I was looking spend. A friend of mine suggested the Shoreham, said she knew of a few people that stay there every year. After reading the reviews, I was a little hesitant. I looked at several other hotels, motels, and condos, And finally just decided to take a chance and book at the Shoreham. I booked king oceanfront room. I prepared myself for the possibility of a complete dive, as many boardwalk hotels are. But I must say, I wasn't disappointed. The location could not have been better. We had arrived early and were able to check in by 10:30 am. The parking lot is small and secure, right behind the hotel. We had a 3rd floor, side front room, so there were two windows in the front, one on the side, and one in the bathroom. All from which you can see the boardwalk and the ocean. The room was clean and bright. There was a window AC unit, which worked very well, small refrigerator w/small freezer, TV , closet, just your basics. A simple room is all we needed. We are never ones to spend our vacation in the room for longer than we need to be. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar beneath the hotel has great food and drink. When heading out at night, we could hear the noise from the restaurant on the first floor, but the boardwalk is a busy place, it's part of the excitement of staying on the boardwalk. There were a few cons, the biggest one was the stairs.. I'm an active person, but carrying the luggage up was a task, otherwise stairs don't bother me much. Other cons, the comforters are definitely outdated, the floors are a little slanted, no coffee maker, and the power went out while using my hair dryer (called the front desk and they corrected the problem quickly). Overall, however, the pros outweigh the cons. Bottom line is, if you are looking for an affordable, clean, simple place on the boardwalk, the Shoreham is a great place to consider. If you are looking for frills and luxury, this is not for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brenda K

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed here as a result of A/C problems at a friends condo. Last minute, could not have asked for a cleaner, nicer hotel to stay in. We don't need all the extras that other hotels charge you for that you don't use anyways. Clean quiet room, excellent A/C and right on the boardwalk. Only thing they could have provided was a small table to go with the two chairs they provide, but thats just nick picking, Will definetly look at staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Theodore Z
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Mom and 3 teen girls. I’m usually very picky but it was a last minute vacation and not many choices left on the boardwalk. The girls wanted some privacy so I was hoping to find a one bedroom suite. Couldn’t touch anything under $400. In Shoreham I found 2 rooms for half price of a suite. 2 doubles for the girls and queen for me – across the hall so I had some privacy and the girls felt very grown up. Yes. It is very basic but a bed and bathroom is all I needed. The nice size refrigerator was an added bonus.
The front desk and the housekeeping staff was friendly and the location perfect. If I feel like spending more money in the future and getting into some of the newer places I would still stay in the 3-5th street. But then why? Stay here and take the kids for a $30 seafood buffet without feeling guilty.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank agnes y
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I found the Shoreham Hotel on Tripadvisor. May other hotels I saw were charging upwards of $225 a night. We didn't plan on spending much time in our room and The Shoreham worked out great for our long weekend getaway. The Shoreham staff was friendly, especially the overnight guy and the afternoon woman. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a queen bed on the second floor. Yes, the first floor could hear the music from the bar below but it was just us- no kids- so no big deal if we stayed there. The bathroom was clean and stocked with soaps and plenty of nicely arranged towels. If you are a larger person you may have some trouble feeling comfortable in the stall shower. We checked the room for uninvited pests before bringing or bags in and were very happy to find no evidence at all. Ice machine and Coke vending machine on the first floor. Small refrigerator in room quieted right down after it ran alittle while. AC unit in window and ceiling fan make for comfortable tempertures. You will be going up and down steps. Parking space provided around back. This is a no frills room. GREAT RATE and perfect boardwalk location. Coupon books in the lobby, nice coffee shop around the corner, cleaning ladies at 9am. We will definetly come back again. Sleep, shower, and go!

Room Tip: If your worried about noise in the evening, ask to be up on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My girlfriend and I went here in August 2011, and just fell in love with the place. We didn't have an alarm clock, but that's ok, because we had out phones instead. The room in which we stayed was perfect for us, and we are going to request that room every year. Just note that if you don't like hearing loud music, don't stay on the first floor, because Shenanigan's is right underneath. The people were all real friendly, and they all hold the door open for you while you're trying to get your luggage in or out. This was the first place we booked together, and the experience was real easy. And they accommodate for military discounts as well. It's right along the boardwalk, and everything you need, is with in walking distance.

Room Tip: We didn't use the swimming pool, because the Ocean is literally right there.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric1284
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Went for two dayswith Grandma and grand kids. Had a good time. Rooms were okay but didnt like walking through the front desk as the only way in. Would go there again. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 73cuda
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend and had a great time. We had an oceanfront room and the view was great. We stayed on the third floor which was perfect however, the stairs were a little annoying to climb so much. On the first night we turned off the a/c and just opened the window. The breeze was great but it was a bit noisy due to the restaurant Shennigan's and the boardwalk right below us. We decided to just keep the a/c on after that. Speaking of Shennigan's I would recommend going there the food is good. I really can't understand why there are any bad reviews of this place. You can't beat the price any where on the boardwalk. If you are looking for alot of ammenties this isn't the place for you, but if you are looking for a nice place to sleep on the boardwalk then this is the place to stay. Overall it was a great stay and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple