“Beautiful Victorian Inn on the Ocean City Boardwalk, I would stay again.”
Review of Atlantic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #41 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Staten Island, New York
“Beautiful Victorian Inn on the Ocean City Boardwalk, I would stay again.”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I want to get this out of the way first - this is not a Hilton, Marriot, or Sheraton ... if you are looking for that type of Hotel, then this place is not for you. If you are looking for a clean, well kept property with clean sheets, clean carpets, spotless bed and bath, for a good value - in a prime location - then keep reading...

I stayed at the Atlantic Hotel for two nights just after the Fourth of July weekend. I found this hotel via tripadvisor and was confident that the pictures people sent were fair and accurate. I paid ~ $125/night.

The Hotel is located a few blocks from the end of Ocean City, right across from the gaming/ride pier. The Hotel is within a few blocks of numerous restaurants, bars, and shops. The Hotel appears to be an authentic Victorian Inn with renovations.

My room was clean and tidy. The room had AC, TV, bathroom and closet space. The room did not have a hair dryer, couch, desk, or refrigerator/microwave (rooms are available with this option for $ -- we brought a well stocked cooler of beverages/food and ice - we were fine without the fridge) - which was fine for us, as we were aware of this prior to booking.

The management and support staff were friendly.

The pool area was nice, although small. They had a small cabana with cold drinks.

The sun deck was a great place to hang out on at night with a cold drink. The sounds of the ocean and sights were relaxing. There were rocking chairs to sit on.

This place is a great place to stay with the idea that this is not a resort, but a place to relax in the evening and sleep at night.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robatpace

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I just got back from staying at this place. There were four of us in a room, and we each paid $120 for a Friday and Saturday night. I guess this is cheap for Ocean City during peak beach hours; however, I would have happily paid several hundred more to stay somewhere decent. While the hotel is in a prime location located on the boardwalk and across from the Jolly Roger amusement park on the boardwalk, the hotel is a total dump. Upon entering the room, I was immediately worried that the place would be infested with bedbugs and/or cockroaches. The mattresses were as thin as a crib mattress and the sheets and pillows were stained. The towels were the size of a hand towel and only one per person. If you wanted additional towels, you have to bring your soiled towels back to the front desk and they'll give you more. The sink is located in the room and the shower and toilet are enclosed in what feels like a tiny half bath. Be prepared to dry and change in the room, not the bathroom. The management was rude and they don't allow you to use the elevator. So be prepared to lug your heavy suitcases up a couple flights of stairs. I would never stay at this place again nor would I recommend it to any friends. This is the perfect place for newly graduated high school students on senior week, but not for a group of late twenty-something women.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank greenerpaztures
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I've been to Ocean City several times, but this was the first time I tried this hotel due to the mostly positive reviews on tripadvisor (and better pricing than some other hotels). I don't get why so many people gave it a perfect 5, because it definitely wasn't perfect. It wasn't bad either though. First off, it was hard to find because they don't provide an exact address -- you need to turn down Wicomoco St and then turn left on S Baltimore Ave and the parking lot is right next to Wild Bill's, which you should be able to spot easily. Parking seemed ok for us, we only left once a day for dinner and came back pretty early.

Now about the hotel room -- the bathroom is SO small, you can't just walk in and close the door, you have to maneuver around to close the door (and I am a small person!). It's so small, they had to stick the sink outside of the bathroom (and awkwardly, there was no place to hang a towel by the sink). The water temp in the shower kept fluctuating a lot, hot then cold...hadn't experienced that in a regular hotel before. The worst part was that we had a hard time sleeping the first night because you could hear people talking in the hallway as loud as if they were in your room. We discovered the next day that you can close a vent on the door (don't ask why there would even be a vent on the door) and turn on the AC (was not automatically turned on) which helped drown out some of the outside noise, so luckily we were able to sleep the second night. On the positive side, the room seemed pretty clean, which is more than I can say for the hotel I stayed in last year. The tv is small and old. No hair blow dryer. They didn't provide new shampoo/conditioner if you used any. Oh and another weird thing, the agreement that you sign when you check-in says that if you want new towels you have to bring your dirty ones to the front desk...though it seemed like the cleaning people changed our towels for us anyway.

Next time I go to Ocean City, I'm going to check out other hotels before considering booking this one again. If I had to, I would stay here again over other hotels considering the price & and great location, but there are probably some better options available.

Pros:
-Awesome location, right by the amusement park
-Priced well compared to other hotels in the area
-Pretty clean
-Firm bed

Cons:
-Noisy
-No balcony for room (can't see much out window)
-No free internet
-Tiny bathroom

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank TennisRF
Abbottstown, PA
Reviewed 14 July 2010

This was our first time here. We go to Ocean City every year and for the past 20 years have been staying at a different hotel. That hotel changed ownership a few years ago and has gone downhill ever since. I read all the reviews before we booked the Atlantic and could not wait to get there. If you love the charm of older buildings, this is the place. We could almost imagine what it was like 80 years ago. The lobby was beautiful. We had a room with 2 doubles and a fridge/micro. I think that our room was a little larger because of this. The bathroom was just regular sized and yes the sink is in the room. But then one person can get a shower or use the restroom while someone else is brushing their teeth. Their was some hallway noise but nothing outrageous. It was pretty much quiet from about 10-7 or 8AM. The deck was great. The pool was great, except that it does get a little crowded sometimes but everyone was pretty courteous. My sister's family also stayed at a different hotel this year and we both compared each other's new rooms. Ours was so much better!! We loved it. I can't wait to go back next year. This will be our new family tradition.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rluvsheep
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Bottom line, there is no other Hotel in Ocean City that you can beat for the value! This is by no means your modern hotel or a chain hotel. It has more of a bed and breakfast feeling to the hotel. So if you can adjust to that style, this hotel is for you! The rooms are very clean. The location of the hotel is great. It is located right off the boardwalk in downtown Ocean City where you are in walking distance of almost every major attraction. The rooms are a old time bed and breakfast style with basic tv. Not a big deal if you are planning on spending more time outside you room on vacation than inside your room. Service is very nice and they try their best to compliment any requests you may have. Finally for all the value...you cannot beat the price. Other similar hotel are more than double the price!!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Cwcarpenter3
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2010

The management at the hotel was very rude. Upon arrival we were forced to pay a securtiy deposit when we were told there was none. I stayed in the hotel for one week and the cleaning staff entered our room several times without permission. The door was left unlocked each time. The cleaning staff also refused to clean the room because there was a small box of crackers that was accidentally spilled on the floor. They cleaned the room once the entire week. The walls are paper thin, and you are constantly being disturbed in the middle of the night by people walking and talking in the halls. You have absolutely no privacy, and nobody besides the paying attendants are allowed to enter the room at all times. This was the worst experience I have ever had involving a hotel. I would strongly not recommend anyone who wants to have a decent time at the beach to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank heythere1050
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Just got back today. Gotta love this hotel. Third time I've stayed there. Not fancy (based on modern or 'chain' hotel/motels), but very clean and right at the beginning (boardwalk) of everything OC has to offer. Probably more importantly, can't beat the price.

Price - about half of the 'chain' hotels. I made 'quick' reservations this past Friday, and the price was half of what the other 'chain' hotels wanted for the same size room. Most of the chain hotels offered a deck for each room, but for $200 less, I'll take the shared deck and pocket the difference.

Shared 'deck'..(as opposed to a private ocean view balcony), but I think there weren't more than 6 people on the deck any time I went out. Which is to say, you won't/don't necessarily have a "ocean view" room with a private balcony (although it looks like they have four rooms with a 'view' from the deck side end-of-unit rooms). Personally, I'm not sure I'd like any of those rooms. I believe they are a little smaller than the one we had this time around.

And, since these four rooms adjoin the 'deck', you 'may' possibly have an issue with possible rowdy folks who 'might' want to party on the deck during the evening hours. Haven't seen that myself though, so it wouldn't be a concern for me. Deck "officially" closes at 12 A.M.)

Location - right on the boardwalk at Wicomico St. (Across from Ripley's) Great view of ocean from two level deck.

Clean. No strange smells (non-smoking). Housekeeping staff is very good. Our room appears to have been recently painted.

Parking next to hotel. Haven't had a problem with parking spaces yet. Took two vehicles this time around.

This time, our room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool. Very quiet. Micro/refrig/Air. Not a big pool, but I don't think I saw more than half a dozen people in it at any given time. So you won't be cramped for swimming space.

Questions: bishop01us@yahoo.com
I did take some photos, but will wait to see if anyone wants them.
Enjoy.