“Fine”
Review of Atlantic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #43 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 9 August 2010

If I were to describe this hotel in one word, it would be "fine."

Honestly, with the amount of money I paid, I wasn't expecting much. But my stay was perfectly fine.

The location is fabulous. You are right across from the amusement park, above a Candy Kitchen, and very close to many good seafood restaurants. You are guaranteed a free parking space all weekend, and there is an outdoor pool, though I never used it. The shared balcony is also very nice. There are rocking chairs and you have a great view of the ocean and the ferris wheel at night.

The room was small, but clean. The mattress was very comfy with no signs of bedbugs. The TV is old but functioning with cable. There is a window AC unit that works just fine. The sink is in the room, which is really awkard, and there is almost no space to hang towels or wet bathing suits. The bathroom is small with a toilet and shower, but clean. The big downside is that the walls are very thin, so at night we had no problem falling asleep, but by 8am the hotel was very loud. It was pretty hard to sleep late.

Third, there is no elevator. Since I was only staying 2 nights, this was not a problem. But if you have a family and a lot of luggage, this would be difficult.

So, all in all, this hotel was worth what I paid. If you are looking for a cheap, clean room that you probably won't spend very much time in, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank erinmcd14

Reviewed 7 August 2010

We recently stayed at the Atlantic Hotel in Ocean City Maryland. Really enjoyed the hotel and all its old time charm. Although not fancy, it is clean, well run and staffed by good people - all inclusive. I recommend this hotel to all, especially family vacationers. Rates are reasonable, can't be beat given the location at Wicomico St. and the boardwalk.
We are already planning next year's stay at this hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank OCB'Walk
Reviewed 4 August 2010

This hotel is a good value especially given the location right in the middle of the boardwalk action. It was clean and the people were friendly. The roof top deck was nice for people watching. However, the hotel didn't really work for our family. I have two small children. The rooms are very, very small and there was no room for them to play and it was frustrating bumping into each other. It would be nice if they had balconies for each room, that way mom and dad can sit outside and enjoy the view while the kids napped or slept. The absolute worst part of the hotel was that there was no elevator (there is an old one that has to be operated by hotel staff which is rarely available). It was terrible lugging in all of the luggage and baby necessaties. We had to take the stroller in and out of the car after each use because it was such a pain to take it upstairs plus we didn't have space in the room for it any way. I think it would be a great hotel for a couple or a family with older children but it is rough with young children.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank polkadotfish
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I want to get this out of the way first - this is not a Hilton, Marriot, or Sheraton ... if you are looking for that type of Hotel, then this place is not for you. If you are looking for a clean, well kept property with clean sheets, clean carpets, spotless bed and bath, for a good value - in a prime location - then keep reading...

I stayed at the Atlantic Hotel for two nights just after the Fourth of July weekend. I found this hotel via tripadvisor and was confident that the pictures people sent were fair and accurate. I paid ~ $125/night.

The Hotel is located a few blocks from the end of Ocean City, right across from the gaming/ride pier. The Hotel is within a few blocks of numerous restaurants, bars, and shops. The Hotel appears to be an authentic Victorian Inn with renovations.

My room was clean and tidy. The room had AC, TV, bathroom and closet space. The room did not have a hair dryer, couch, desk, or refrigerator/microwave (rooms are available with this option for $ -- we brought a well stocked cooler of beverages/food and ice - we were fine without the fridge) - which was fine for us, as we were aware of this prior to booking.

The management and support staff were friendly.

The pool area was nice, although small. They had a small cabana with cold drinks.

The sun deck was a great place to hang out on at night with a cold drink. The sounds of the ocean and sights were relaxing. There were rocking chairs to sit on.

This place is a great place to stay with the idea that this is not a resort, but a place to relax in the evening and sleep at night.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robatpace
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I just got back from staying at this place. There were four of us in a room, and we each paid $120 for a Friday and Saturday night. I guess this is cheap for Ocean City during peak beach hours; however, I would have happily paid several hundred more to stay somewhere decent. While the hotel is in a prime location located on the boardwalk and across from the Jolly Roger amusement park on the boardwalk, the hotel is a total dump. Upon entering the room, I was immediately worried that the place would be infested with bedbugs and/or cockroaches. The mattresses were as thin as a crib mattress and the sheets and pillows were stained. The towels were the size of a hand towel and only one per person. If you wanted additional towels, you have to bring your soiled towels back to the front desk and they'll give you more. The sink is located in the room and the shower and toilet are enclosed in what feels like a tiny half bath. Be prepared to dry and change in the room, not the bathroom. The management was rude and they don't allow you to use the elevator. So be prepared to lug your heavy suitcases up a couple flights of stairs. I would never stay at this place again nor would I recommend it to any friends. This is the perfect place for newly graduated high school students on senior week, but not for a group of late twenty-something women.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank greenerpaztures
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I've been to Ocean City several times, but this was the first time I tried this hotel due to the mostly positive reviews on tripadvisor (and better pricing than some other hotels). I don't get why so many people gave it a perfect 5, because it definitely wasn't perfect. It wasn't bad either though. First off, it was hard to find because they don't provide an exact address -- you need to turn down Wicomoco St and then turn left on S Baltimore Ave and the parking lot is right next to Wild Bill's, which you should be able to spot easily. Parking seemed ok for us, we only left once a day for dinner and came back pretty early.

Now about the hotel room -- the bathroom is SO small, you can't just walk in and close the door, you have to maneuver around to close the door (and I am a small person!). It's so small, they had to stick the sink outside of the bathroom (and awkwardly, there was no place to hang a towel by the sink). The water temp in the shower kept fluctuating a lot, hot then cold...hadn't experienced that in a regular hotel before. The worst part was that we had a hard time sleeping the first night because you could hear people talking in the hallway as loud as if they were in your room. We discovered the next day that you can close a vent on the door (don't ask why there would even be a vent on the door) and turn on the AC (was not automatically turned on) which helped drown out some of the outside noise, so luckily we were able to sleep the second night. On the positive side, the room seemed pretty clean, which is more than I can say for the hotel I stayed in last year. The tv is small and old. No hair blow dryer. They didn't provide new shampoo/conditioner if you used any. Oh and another weird thing, the agreement that you sign when you check-in says that if you want new towels you have to bring your dirty ones to the front desk...though it seemed like the cleaning people changed our towels for us anyway.

Next time I go to Ocean City, I'm going to check out other hotels before considering booking this one again. If I had to, I would stay here again over other hotels considering the price & and great location, but there are probably some better options available.

Pros:
-Awesome location, right by the amusement park
-Priced well compared to other hotels in the area
-Pretty clean
-Firm bed

Cons:
-Noisy
-No balcony for room (can't see much out window)
-No free internet
-Tiny bathroom

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank TennisRF
Reviewed 14 July 2010

This was our first time here. We go to Ocean City every year and for the past 20 years have been staying at a different hotel. That hotel changed ownership a few years ago and has gone downhill ever since. I read all the reviews before we booked the Atlantic and could not wait to get there. If you love the charm of older buildings, this is the place. We could almost imagine what it was like 80 years ago. The lobby was beautiful. We had a room with 2 doubles and a fridge/micro. I think that our room was a little larger because of this. The bathroom was just regular sized and yes the sink is in the room. But then one person can get a shower or use the restroom while someone else is brushing their teeth. Their was some hallway noise but nothing outrageous. It was pretty much quiet from about 10-7 or 8AM. The deck was great. The pool was great, except that it does get a little crowded sometimes but everyone was pretty courteous. My sister's family also stayed at a different hotel this year and we both compared each other's new rooms. Ours was so much better!! We loved it. I can't wait to go back next year. This will be our new family tradition.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family