First, the good. The location is great and being on the top floor provides a great view of the ocean and the bay. The layout of the condo is nice too. It's a two-level condo. When you first walk in, you head straight to the master BR... the rest of the rooms are upstairs. It's good for privacy but a pain to carry groceries and the everything else up to the main floor.
1) The building:
- The beach elevator is slow and overburdened. When you move in and out, you are not allowed to use the superfast main elevators in the main lobby. Upon check-out,it took 15 minutes just for the elevator to come up to us without having a full load. On the way down, WE GOT STUCK. Yes, me, my daughter, and her girlfriend, and a luggage cart full of luggage... stuck IN the elevator between the 1st and ground floors... the elevator door would not open and the elevator would not move. We called from the emergency phone. A woman answered, said she would call a technician, and call us back with an ETA, but she never called back. The security guard said "he just happened to look at the monitor and see us sitting in the elevator and not moving." He was nice though. He pried open the door so we could climb out and helped us carry our stuff from that lcoation out to the car.
2) The pool. We did not use the pool... even on the day it stormed. It's small and in a detached building.
3) The linen package. Oh HECK no. They were itchy and felt like sandpaper and stained. All the sheets are flat... no fitted sheets at all. AWFUL.
4) Unit #2521
For the amount of money I paid, I was sorely disappointed.
The dishes were in the cabinets but they were dirty. I had to soak and scour the only skillet before we could use it to make pancakes. It had scrambled eggs all over it. The bowls were not deep enough to have a bowl of cereal. The microwave was old and smelled like fish. The range and dishwasher are old too... and both were, you guessed it... dirty.
The kitchen floor was sticky and dirty when we arrived. The caulking in the shower had black mold on it.
There is a cabinet in the living/dining area that had a TON of mixers, alcohol, wine, etc. in an UNLOCKED cabinet. NOT COOL when you are traveling with kids.
The sliding glass doors in the living room that lead out to the balcony overlooking the beach,took every ounce of muscle and about 4 or 5 tries to lift and slide open enough to go outside.
The overall decor was old and tacky. Ugly wooden fish hanging where a plant would go. Old, yard sale"ish" "beachy themed" art hung on the walls. Just ugghh.
This condo has a lot of POTENTIAL. If the kitchen would be updated with new appliances and better equipped and thoroughly cleaned, the decor modernized, the sliding glass and screen doors fixed, and the bathrooms recaulked and given new medicine cabinets, it could be really great.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Century 1 Condominium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Century 1 Condominium Hotel Ocean City