“Been coming here for years!”
Review of Tides Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tides Motel
Ranked #70 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Been coming here for years!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We love staying at the tides and have came here for atleast the last 5 years. Always clean and staff has always been nice. Close enough to the beach and far away enough from all the noise. Great place to stay with great rates. Near many good restaurants and shops.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Virgo217

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is close to the beach. Under one minute walk. Close to so many stores. Quite a walk from boardwalk. I thought room service was great. No issues. Air conditioner was cold and so was my beer :)
Would recommend to everyone.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank George D
Elkridge, MD
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stumbled upon the Tides Motel after a harrowing experience in Virginia Beach left us scrambling for a place to stay. The manager, Devon, was friendly, incredibly helpful, and he definitely saved the day and our vacation!
We arrived before check-in and Devon greeted us with a welcoming smile. He gave us a parking pass to use until our room was ready. On site parking at The Tides is easy and plentiful.
Our room was large and clean. It had a musty smell, but it's the beach so who cares?! There was plenty of room for the four of us and the extra roll-away bed fit nicely between the bed and the window. We loved having the full-size refrigerator and the small kitchen area to make coffee and simple meals. The pool was clean and it was great being so close to the ocean. The housekeeper was friendly and efficient.
This is a great hotel in a great location with great staff at a great price! We will definitely be back!!!
P.S. Did I mention that Devon rocks?!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank sternfamily
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

To start, anyone that speaks ill of the Tides Motel are insane!! If your looking for a place to party, than this place is not for you!! Tides is a family oriented motel for the people that want to enjoy their vacations without all of the noise or breaking the bank!!

My family and I have been staying at the Tides for 4+ years and wouldn't change locations for anything!!! Management and staff are extremely courteous and always accommodating, when we book 2-3 rooms @least 3 times each summer..

*The beach is only a few short feet away. You don't have to cross any roadways to get there.
*Cleaning staff has always been VERY nice and pleasant in making sure you have everything you need for your room.
*Rooms are slightly dated, but always clean and comfortable. All rooms are equipped with cookware, dishes, full size fridge, microwave, and a coffee pot.

Our family enjoys staying with this motel because it is within budget, staffed w/ a friendly front desk and cleaning staff, short distance to the beach, and quiet!!! Tides has always made our OCMD vacations enjoyable and memorable. Thanks for always being THE BEST PLACE TO STAY!!

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Rachel V
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked this Motel at the last minute. I was concerned because I have NEVER stayed in a non-luxury hotel before let alone a MOTEL! I was very surprised at the Tides Motel! The front desk staff was very nice and friendly. We stayed on the 3rd floor July 4th week, which is very busy. We could not get a key for the room until 2pm, but they gave us a parking pass during our wait. Once we got into the room, it was not what I was use to, but it was CLEAN! I WAS SHOCKED! The only thing that really bothered me was the bathroom. It needs updating. We did request a cot because the room was for only 4 but we had 5 in our family. The beach is a SHORT walk and they do have a VERY SMALL pool. The picture of the pool makes it look larger than what it is. I was very surprise with this MOTEL! It is by far a great value!!!!!

Room Tip: request your room to be away from the steps!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 80rose5
Coaldale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my fourth time staying at Tides Motel. Never dissapointed, always very clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Close walking distance to the beach. Already looking to book our next stay :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Camaroqueen67
baltimore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked this hotel for my grandsons sand soccer games in June of .2014. The room was very nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to leave. The staff at this hotel was the BEST especially the front desk gentleman his name is Devon was so polite, helpful, and friendly and so amazing who ever the owner is please give Devon a raise/ Words can not describe how much he cares for the customers at the hotel
Thank you again Devon for making me feel that I was really welcomed here and not just another paying customer.

Room Tip: any room is good here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family