Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$75
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$82
US$145
US$131
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$162
Paradise Plaza Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$80
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$233
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$188
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$64
HolidayInn.com
2,538 results
All reviewsvictorian roompiano playerocean frontzippy lewis loungesing alongsthe indoor outdoor poolrocking chairsrooms face the oceanthe main hotelstarbucks coffeecorner roomoff seasonbeach barwonderful hotelprivate balconygreat view of the oceanboard walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Everything others are saying is true: the hotel is old, the TV hasn't been updated since 1993, and the AC's off or on settings were annoying. I'm used to air conditioning that kicks on when it needs to cool the room, not runs until you manually turn it off. However, I'd like to add my biggest complaint: THERE WAS NO WATER IN THIS HOTEL. Sure, there are plenty of vending machines that claim they sell water, but they were all sold out, several ate my money, and when I went to the front desk to complain, she refunded my money (after I completed a form) and suggested I either enjoy the tiny cups of ice water available in the lobby OR walk to the 7-11 several blocks away and buy my own. It's summer and I'm pregnant, which means I drink about 80+ ounces of water EACH DAY, and refilling my 6 ounce cup in the lobby was not going to cut it. She was "nice" enough to negotiate the rate of the bartender's supply from $2.95 to $1.50 (which is still HIGHER than the vending machines I was willing to purchase from had any of them worked). I felt she should have given me at least 1 complimentary bottle of water for my troubles, but apparently that cost wasn't built in to the $260 per night we paid for the room.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristen J
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was extremely disappointed with the two room efficiency I rented for the week. Room was not clean, don't believe sheets were changed during the week. Hide-a-bed sofa was horrible for sleeping and dangerous (you could lose a small child through the back of the sofa bed). Kitchen very sparsely furnished and even lacked a can opener. Only 2 small trash cans in the entire place - certainly not enough when you cook! Room did not feel clean. TV in first room with hide-a-bed not viewable from the sofa. TV is old and outdated - children couldn't hook up games. Water for showers was ice cold. Furniture on balcony cheap and uncomfortable. I do love the restaurants and the location of the hotel. They need to update this place. My 2 room efficiency was not worth the $2500 dollars paid for the week!!!

Room Tip: Visit after they update the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Ocean City reminds me of Jasper Canada during peak season. Most acceptable hotels or motels are fully booked therefore getting a room a day before arrival is such a gift.

There was nothing that surprised me @Dunes. I read through the TA reports and as usual they were spot on. So, I wasn't turned off by the age of the hotel. Some people wrote about it being untidy but I found the opposite. It felt like going to grandma's home. OLD edifice that would surely benefit updating. But, it was definitely clean. Walls have been repainted and our room and other public areas were well sanitized. With that said, I really think the management should think about renovating the building, updating in-room amenities (not that we cared for it since we were at the beach most of the time).

Our likes:
1. It's situated 2 blocks off the starting point of the boardwalk. If you want peace & quiet, this would be a plus.
2. Their main dining room "The Victorian Room by the Sea" serves good breakfasts (lump crabmeat omelet, yum!) and reminds me of "Somewhere in Time" for those of you old enough to remember Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymore :)
3. The deck is a good place to hang out if you don't want to be on the sand.

Our dislikes:
1. Again, although it was clean, it really needs a major renovation.
2. DH, noted that since it wasn't on the boardwalk beachcombers didn't pass through everyday. The sand would have benefitted from it.
3. The least expensive food outlets for a quick bite i.e. fish tacos, coffee outlets, etc. where located mid-boardwalk so you either had to walk or take the tram ($3/each way) to get to those.

Overall, since this was only a short stay, we enjoyed it and were satisfied with our pick. We'd recommend it to friends who travel the same we do.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelbugOttawa_On
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

The Dunes manor hotel is a wonderful place to stay. Very clean hotel. The staff are very friendly and always smiling and ready to answer your questions. The bathrooms in the lobby area are extremely clean and smell very nice unlike other hotels. The staff are constantly maintaining it's appearence. The view of the beach is very beautiful. The atmosphere is very family oriented. My wife and i are going to make the dunes manor hotel our spot to come back to every year and we will be recommending the hotel to everyone we know. To the owners or managers whatever you are doing, keep doing it cause your doing a great job. I rate this as a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Let me start off by saying Linda the assistant manager and louane or however you spell her name she works overnight. They were the most rudest people i've ever had to deal with and racist at that. Linda sold our room that we booked two weeks ahead of time and tried to put us in a double bed room instead of the suite which we had originally booked.. she insisted that we didnt know what we were talking about and that she would gladly put us in the motel. She claimed the person who booked our room had worked there for 10 years and that she would never make a mistake she kept yelling at us as if we were idiots and we had our information that was given to us over the phone. She put us in a room where they put people who had been injured in a boat accident and had no where to stay "charity" room. Later that night the front desk lady louanne claimed she had better stuff to do then help me get my parking ticket ...do you think she helped and gave me one NO instead she yelled at me while an employee sat there along with her. I do not recommend this hotel to ANYONE! There racist, rude and dont give a damn about any customer whos a minority. Linda should be fired along with louanne. The room was sooo ugly and dirty! If you want a peaceful vacation STAY AWAY FROM THE DUNES HOTEL...

• Stayed: July 2012