This was our first family trip to Ocean City and overall a very good experience at this hotel. The location is exceptional. Just a block or so from the end of the boardwalk, and plenty far enough from the rides/bars/noise. It was also a convenient location to walk to many parts of downtown OC and the parking was plentiful and roomy.
The pros: Beautiful porch to sit and enjoy the view, tea, drinks, whatever. Rocking chairs, a bar and some tables. Very relaxing. Also the 3:00 tea was a nice touch. They serve both hot and iced tea and my kids really enjoyed that. We thought the beds were quite comfortable and even though we had a smaller room (two doubles for 4 people) it was spacious enough that we weren't on top of each other. Terrifc view from the balcony. Very good breakfast in the dining room (that was the only meal we ate there). Mostly very polite staff.
The cons: There are only two fairly small elevators in the whole hotel. This means that around check out time and dinner time it takes FOREVER to get an elevator that's not already full. The internet service is spotty at best and frequently non-existent. A hotel as nice as this should definitely be providing better online service. Also, they do not provide conditioner with the toiletries, which in my opinion is a must have at the beach and certainly in a good hotel. Cocktails at the bar are also quite expensive when it's not "happy hour".
I'm not sure if we'll stay here again when we visit OC, but I would still recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dunes Manor Hotel & All Suites properties offer a unique hospitality experience when visiting Ocean City, Maryland. At the Dunes Manor Hotel you will walk through our front doors and be transported back to the gentle days of a bygone era. Truly ocean front, these properties embrace the stunning views with each guest room offering a private balcony and, at the Dunes Manor Hotel, a wide verandah complete with rocking chairs to take it all in. A location second to none, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites properties are the perfect choice for couples, groups and family getaways. Our all-suites property is at the onset of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk and is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, cook-top stove and 46" HDTV. While at the Dunes Suites property, all the amenities at the Dunes Manor Hotel are available for your use including the full service restaurant, The Victorian Room; the indoor/outdoor bar (seasonal) Zippy Lewis Lounge, heated indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. All properties offer complimentary Wi-Fi access and free off street parking. Afternoon Team is served daily at 3:00 pm and is a tradition started by the Hotel's owner and entrepreneur, Thelma Conner back in 1987. Join the staff as they serve the signature tea with cookies and crumpets with genuine hospitality. What a great opportunity to mingle with fellow guests and learn more of the history of Ocean City Maryland. Whether you choose to relax by our heated pool, enjoy the salty ocean air from the outside deck, explore the Boardwalk, shop, dine or visit some of Ocean City's best attractions, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites will help make your dream stay a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Manor Hotel Ocean City
- Hotel Dunes Manor
- Dunes Manor Ocean City Md