“Great location! Some pros & cons”

Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This was our first family trip to Ocean City and overall a very good experience at this hotel. The location is exceptional. Just a block or so from the end of the boardwalk, and plenty far enough from the rides/bars/noise. It was also a convenient location to walk to many parts of downtown OC and the parking was plentiful and roomy.

The pros: Beautiful porch to sit and enjoy the view, tea, drinks, whatever. Rocking chairs, a bar and some tables. Very relaxing. Also the 3:00 tea was a nice touch. They serve both hot and iced tea and my kids really enjoyed that. We thought the beds were quite comfortable and even though we had a smaller room (two doubles for 4 people) it was spacious enough that we weren't on top of each other. Terrifc view from the balcony. Very good breakfast in the dining room (that was the only meal we ate there). Mostly very polite staff.

The cons: There are only two fairly small elevators in the whole hotel. This means that around check out time and dinner time it takes FOREVER to get an elevator that's not already full. The internet service is spotty at best and frequently non-existent. A hotel as nice as this should definitely be providing better online service. Also, they do not provide conditioner with the toiletries, which in my opinion is a must have at the beach and certainly in a good hotel. Cocktails at the bar are also quite expensive when it's not "happy hour".

I'm not sure if we'll stay here again when we visit OC, but I would still recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cesejs

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Room and hotel itself were nice and clean. Looks relatively new on the outside, however it's quite dated on the inside. Lobby and common area resembles an old parlor feeling and the rooms are early 1990's at best. Ocean View balcony was nice, however the in room AC unit blows hot air directly on you on while sitting on the balcony. Not private as the partition wall is about 12" out from the building so you can look right over at your neighbor while they're on their balcony. Pool wasn't anything spectacular. No breakfast. Ample Parking. Only a short 2 block walk to the end of the boardwalk which is where the tram picks up/lets off which is quite convenient. Biggest complaint would be the VERY hard, uncomfortable beds. I would not re-book simply because of the beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dorothy F
Reviewed 1 August 2013

to stay in OC, MD. Clean, good food and convenient to everything. Easy to get to the boardwalk from. This is a fairly quiet side of the boardwalk/beach. Hotel staff has a few "out of the country" hires that can't help you much. Be careful because they tend to give out inaccurate information.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean so the 4th to top floors are best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ken d
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here with my family. The room was clean and was stocked daily with clean linens. The hotel is one block from the beginning of the boardwalk and it does have a great view. That's about all of the nice stuff I have to say about this place. The staff was hot and cold. Bartender was great and went out of his way to make me a drink. Guy checking me in was not friendly at all. Sometimes the staff held open the door for you, other times, they were sitting around. The crumpets and tea at 3 pm were a bit odd for me. I have no desire for hot tea in the middle of a hot day. The lady in the pool mumbled for me to sign in when I went swimming. The pool itself felt as if it were in a garage. I kept expecting the 1/2 door to slam down as we were swimming. Last, the dungeon to rinse yourself off after spending time at the beach was disgusting. If and when I return, it will be further north. The hotels looked cleaner the farther north you travel.

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DogRiley
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This has been our first pick in checking rates every year for the past 7 years. We like the ocean front and that it is steps to the boardwalk but you are also at the quiet end of boardwalk. Clean rooms great location and friendly staff. The restaurant is also very good and nice to have on site.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Vacanikki
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed for three nights last week, the room was clean and updated. The location and oceanfront balcony was great. I would recommend this hotel. The weird thing that happened was around 12:30am the last night we were there my 14 year old son woke me up to say he had seen an old lady walk across the room and go through the balcony door. He was wide awake when this happened as he was playing a game on his phone. He described her to me and I had him google a picture of Thelma Conner the former owner who had since past. Sure enough it was her, he had described her perfectly to me before ever seeing her picture or even knowing of her. So if you happen to stay in room 608 you may be able to say hello to the founder of the hotel. Just wondering if anyone else ever experienced anything like this while staying there. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
61  Thank Ithacamom17
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have vacationed at the Dunes Manor Hotel five times and this last time wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped.The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The restaurant however needs work.
The service was slow and what was serviced was not what was printed on the menu. I order the 1/2 chicken dinner and only for 2 pc. a dinner roll was also included which I didn't get. On my last day there, I was served COLD eggs and for what they charged, there was no reason for that. All in all the rooms are great and slept great every night. I would go there but maybe not eat in their restaurant .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family