“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Springfield, Virginia
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel for the first time in April 2014, while attending an onsite rug hooking school. I would definitely return and stay there again!

My room was lovely, all done in sage green and white, with a small balcony directly overlooking the beach, and a very comfortable bed and pillows. There was a large closet with a safe for valuables, and a small refrigerator and microwave so that I could prepare tea for myself in the evenings. The meals in the dining room were delicious, and the wait staff couldn't have been more efficient and pleasant to all of us. Having coffee available in the lobby from 6 AM on was a boon to us early risers.

The staff was so friendly and helpful, from the staff in the dining room to a touch-up painter that I encountered in the hallway on my last morning there, who came to chat with me while I waited for the elevator. His final words to me were, "Have a great day, hon!" which I appreciated very much, being a Baltimore girl at heart. Pam Johnson, who not only works at the hotel but was also the director of the rug school, was fantastic -- she was on top of everything, every minute, and made us all feel so welcome.

I plan to visit again in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Patricia M
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Patricia M,

It is always a pleasure to read positive reviews about the wonderful staff that we have here at the Dunes Manor. I believe we have an excellent facility, but it is the people that work here such as Pam Johnson that really make the Dunes Manor a special place. We hope to see you again soon, hon.

Kyle Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Wonderful staff, terrific meals, very friendly and welcoming!! The dining room was charming, lovely view, the staff was attentive and.friendly we felt quite pampered. They certainly know how to bake!!!

Room Tip: Top Floor!, lovely dining experience, food and staff! Loved the afternoon Tea
Dear Gigaboom2005,

We appreciate your kind words and your review. The Victorian Room really is a great restaurant with a great view. The staff of course, is what really makes it special. Thank you for allowing us to serve you and we hope to see you again soon at the Dunes Manor Hotel.

Maurertown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was at the Dunes for a rug hooking workshop for 5 nights. Very pleasant rooms, very pleasant employees. Food was mostly good, not every meal was great, but overall I have to say for about 100 women they did a fine job! The best crab cake! All big lumps, no filler! The dining room staff went over the top to serve with a smile! Clean halls and rooms. All rooms face the ocean. I highly recommend. Only downside is registration, they still had a huge national cheerleading population staying while we were there for one night, and trying to check in over 100 new arrivals, trying to get carts for luggage and overloaded elevators was NOT pleasant. They need to revamp their check in somehow. We had 11 people as a group, we had asked last Sept. 2013, to at least have rooms on the same floor, and we were so scattered on about 5 different floors! We weren't at all happy about that, I would think a year in advance that should not happen.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flowergirl70
Dear flowergirl70,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely happy with all of your meals, but I am confident we will improve before the next workshop. I was happy to read that you believe we have the best crab cakes and I can say I concur.

We hope to see you again soon at the Dunes Manor Hotel.

Barrington, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I accompanied my wife to her rug-hooking camp and thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the hotel. Not only was the facility beautifully furnished, rooms were well-appointed with many conveniences, such as complimentary in room internet. All rooms also include balconies, with gorgeous ocean views. From ours I was able to observe a pod of dolphins apparently feeding.
Service was great, with understated attention to every detail. We are looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: upper floors present more panoramic views
Dear Dan L,

We were very happy to welcome the rug hookers back again this year and I am glad that you were able to join us. I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor.com.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Seaford, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked 3 rooms for my daughter's 21st birthday. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and had more then enough amenities. The ocean view was breath taking. The motel was in walking distance of restaurants and the bus stop was right out front. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank head_duh
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear head_duh,

Thank you for choosing the Dunes Manor as the place to celebrate your daughter’s 21st birthday. Did you have a chance to visit Zippy Lewis to commemorate the occasion? We hope to see you back for her 22nd birthday, if not before.

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Remodeled and beautiful, clean and on the water. Came in April for a convention and was presently surprised. Restaurant food was great. Has a small bar that I didnt go to. Overall great experience - would diffinitly go back.

1 Thank leslie p
Dear leslie p,

We appreciate your review and I want to thank you for staying with us. We are not just a great location for conventions, but an even better place for vacations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

All rooms are ocean front and newly redecorated. The updates are nice. We have stayed here a few times on the off season. It's just a block above the end of the boardwalk.
I most recently took my sister there for her birthday. It was so relaxing to enjoy the ocean views.
The food at the restaurant was very good and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed.
Aside from some noisy cheerleaders, (a competition in the area), our stay was just about perfect!

I was disappointed that they raise the rates so much for the weekends and wouldn't accept my AAA discount.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Wendy R
Dear Wendy R,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at the Dunes Manor. The whole city was busy with the cheerleaders that were here for the annual competition and we certainly had a number of them at the hotel. We are happy to welcome them back each year, but I fully understand that they can make more noise than our guests are accustomed to. Our Reservations Department can always let you know when those dates are.

I was disappointed to read that your stay was not perfect, but I am confident your next stay will be.