“Definitely Recommand!”

Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel in January and loved the place. So we decided to return in May which once again didn't disappoint us. The staff was very polite and extremely helpful. They were able to recommend a great seafood place, as well as contact me when our room became available even before the designated check in time. The rooms, hallways, lobby, pool area, everything is always very clean. The hotel is located is only two to three blocks away from the start of boardwalk, which definitely makes it an ideal location. The hotel has a restaurant and pub, and although I may only have eaten breakfast the food was delicious and can only assume is true for lunch and dinner. The hotel also offers complimentary tea time around 3pm which I think is a wonderful idea. The hot tea offered is a home brew special blend that comes with cookies and crumpets. During the tea time I have had the pleasure of talking with other guests of the hotel most of which have been coming to the Dunes for years, and highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Ocean City.

Room Tip: All rooms at the hotel portion of the Dunes are all ocean front views with balconies so really there...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear SarahLee3,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours and I want to thank you for sharing it with us. For those of us that work at the hotel we love to hear that your second trip is at least as good as the first. It truly gives us a feeling of accomplishment.

Thank you for noticing that our tea is “home brewed” at the hotel. We actually have a whole process we go through every day when making it, but all of that is top secret.

We look forward to serving you again at the Dunes Manor Hotel.

Kyle Johnson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,489)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We've been staying at The Dunes for several years for Cruisin' Weekend! We are a thirty-something couple and this was our first year staying with our 3 month old baby. I've read several reviews commenting on the age of many of the guests...but this is one thing we really like about the place. I really don't want to be around a lot of spring-breakers...so it's refreshing to come down to the lobby and see the older people singing around the piano. The restaurant has great breakfast and a very friendly staff. I got 2 pancakes, bacon and a coffee for the 'early bird special' for $3.99...can't beat that! The woman that seated us both mornings was soo nice and really engaged in conversation with everyone. The front desk associates were very nice as well. We also love the location...we always walk the entire length of the boardwalk so we like that we only have to go over one block and can start at the end. Small but decent indoor pool. Enjoyed looking at all of the old OC photos that are hanging on the way to the pool. The rooms have recently been updated and are pretty with the colors and furniture they've chosen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear jennifer r,

Thank you for making us your “Fave OC Hotel.” We know you have a lot of good choices for accommodations when traveling to Ocean City, so we appreciate that you have made the Dunes Manor your choice. We feel that we are unique for many of the reasons that you mentioned in your review.

We look forward to seeing you again for the next Cruisin’ Weekend.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel for our 3rd time while in town for Cruisin' Ocean City, and once again we were very pleased with the accommodations and courteous staff. The view is amazing and the rooms have new, stylish decor. Breakfast & dinner in the restaurant is delicious and a good value.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dlee1011

Dear Dlee1011,

It was a pleasure to welcome the “Cruisers” back again this year. It is exciting to see how the whole city changes during the week and being a “car guy,” I can’t say enough about how much I enjoyed it.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again for the next Cruisin’ OC.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and it was an excellent stay. All the rooms are ocean front, which is great! We were on the 8th floor and had beautiful views of the ocean and sunrises. The room was very clean and recently redone. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Donna K,

Thank you for choosing the Dunes Manor Hotel and for sharing your review with us. We truly appreciate your kind compliments and certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and serving you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Whenever I go to Ocean City MD I stay at the Dunes Manor. I love this hotel. The atmosphere is wonderful, it is always clean and the staff is amazingly helpful. Tea and crumpets in the afternoon is a wonderful tradition the hotel has and I really enjoy the opportunity to sit around the piano with Shirley Toms and sing songs that I learned from my grandmothers, aunts, uncles and parents. It is a must stay at kind of place and I highly recommend it. In my opinion, 5 stars is not a Hugh enough rating for this great hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Barbdutch,

It was our privilege to serve you and I appreciate your very kind review. We recognize that our great traditions and people are what make the Dunes Manor Hotel such a special place.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the perfect place for a family stay in OC--probably not the atmosphere for Spring Break-ers. We usually get a condo elsewhere for a week stay, but for 1-3 nights there is no question, we book Dunes Manor Hotel. It is just a block beyond the end of the boardwalk, all rooms are oceanfront with balcony, it is clean & well maintained, and quiet. Staff are friendly & very helpful. I asked for a toaster which only comes with the efficiency rooms & it appeared in our room when we returned later that day. I love the old-fashioned hotel ambiance and service. Beds are comfy, shower is good, bathroom a nice size. Nice TV too!

Room Tip: Corner rooms allow a better view from the balcony--not blocked by the wall separating you from the n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dena270,

It was good to read that you enjoyed your stay with your family. Before I became the General Manager of the Dunes Manor Hotel I stayed here with my family and we felt it was a great destination for families. My eight-year-old daughter really enjoyed the piano sing along in the lobby with Shirley Toms.

I want to thank you for your kind review and for staying with us. I hope to meet you during your next stay at the Dunes Manor Hotel.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Room had a king bed and was huge. Very clean and bright. Nice location. Bar area was small inside, but seemed huge outside. Since the weather wasn't cooperating, we could not go on the deck outside. Beautiful view too! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to family and friends. Staff was very nice too!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Groucho00

Dear Groucho00,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I wish the weather had been more cooperative, but it was good to read that you had a pleasant visit at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.