Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$155
US$178
US$161
ClarionHotels
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$131
HIExpress.com
US$445
US$432
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$120
US$184
US$165
US$171
US$166
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$177
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$250
Comfort Inn Gold Coast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$110
Orbitz.com
2,623 results
All reviewsvictorian roompiano playerocean frontzippy lewis loungesing alongsthe indoor outdoor poolrocking chairsrooms face the oceanthe main hotelstarbucks coffeecorner roomoff seasonbeach barwonderful hotelprivate balconygreat view of the oceanboard walk
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The rooms are in need of updating, and the bathrooms are small, but the cleaning staff is excellent, the service is friendly, and the location is unbeatable. The location at the end of the boardwalk makes it a quieter location with a less busy beach and really clean sand. Being able to walk from my room to the ocean in my bare feet is an unbeatable bonus to staying at the Dunes.

Room Tip: Efficiency facing the ocean on the second floor or higher are worth the extra cash.
2  Thank Heidi B
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Heidi B,

We appreciate your review and compliments. I was glad to read that overall you had a good time during your visit. Thank you for choosing us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The rooms are nice...nothing fancy but clean & well-maintained. All rooms have a wonderful view! The service is outstanding...front desk, bell hops, servers, & bartenders. Their happy hour is awesome and there's a great little jewelry store next door to the bar. I agree with Helen D. in that the grand dame is fading a bit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Robin M,

Thank you for sharing your review and for being our guest. I really appreciate your comments about the excellent service that you received. In regards to the hotel beginning to “fade,” I can assure you that we are continuing our improvement plan that started with the guest rooms throughout the entire facility.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

PROS:
We stayed at this hotel last week for 4 days. Upon arrival, a bellhop assisted us with our bags. We checked in which was super fast. Our room was on the 7th floor. All rooms are ocean front/view so the view was beautiful. The room was average sized with 2 double beds. A little snug for two adults and two children but we made do. Our room was clean (except for a few hairs on the bathroom floor...I'm guessing they don't mop the floors). Our beds were clean and comfy. I read the hotel reviews and other people suggested bringing an extra blanket. We did and were glad because the covers on the bed were very thin. Housekeeping are very pleasant and tidy the rooms daily. The hotel is right on the beach so my kids were happy. The hotel rooms are pretty quiet. We were right near the ice mating so we heard noise from that but it was tolerable. The end of the boardwalk is about a block from this hotel. It's a long walk to rids and food so if you have little ones be sure to bring a stroller. There is, however, a tram car you can take.

CONS:
We were celebrating my daughter's 8th b-day and made reservations at the hotel restaurant. Upon arrival (5:30pm) the place was almost empty and it took 10 minutes for someone to greet us. The manager FINALLY came up to greet us but said it would be a few minutes because someone spilled wine on our reserved table and he had to clean it up. I was annoyed because there were plenty of empty tables but he made us wait while he changed the table cloth and re set the table. Several families were behind us in line at this point and they were also getting annoyed. We were finally sat and greeted by our waiter. We ordered drinks (soda/iced tea...no alcohol). After about 15 minutes our waiter came back WITHOUT our drinks. He forgot them. He finally brought our drinks about 20 minutes after we sat. We then ordered an appetizer and salads as well as our dinner. The appetizer took forever and our salads were forgotten. They were brought out about 5 minutes before our dinners. We asked for soda refills......we got them 10 minutes later after asking twice. Our filets were supposed to be medium....they were well done. Sent mine back and a new one came out as everyone else was finishing theirs. The prices were high too. When our bill came, there were charges that weren't ours. An alcoholic drink. The waiter adjusted the bill. The 2nd bill had charges for 2 appetizers (we ordered one). The waiter adjusted the bill a second time. He did apologize several times. We were so glad to leave the restaurant at this point. It took another 20 minutes to get our change :( That being said, I would NOT recommend visiting the restaurant. Upon check out we called th front desk for a cart for our bags. They said they were "very busy with a bus group and would send someone ASAP." We waited almost 30 minutes before we went to grab a cart ourselves. As we were getting on the elevator with our cart, a bell hop was getting off with a cart. I asked if he was coming to our room and he said yes. I told him we already got one ourselves.

Room Tip: * **The room next door was a suite and was being cleaned. The cleaning staff asked if I wanted to look inside (she saw me peeking in. lol). That room had 2 beds, a separate living area with a sofa bed and a full kitchen. I would definitely recommend this suite for anyone staying with kids or more than 2 nights. If your not a fan of heights, request a room on a lower floor. We were on the 7th and it took time to adjust to the height.
3  Thank Susan D
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Susan D,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Dunes Manor Hotel. I have reviewed your comments with the restaurant managers as we find feedback such as yours very valuable. I want to apologize for the bad experience you had there and want to assure you that your experience was not typical.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you properly in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had another great trip to Ocean City, Maryland and stay at the Dunes Manor Hotel. Rooms had been redone and a great addition is a safe in the room. Sorry to say that Ed the bartender at Zippy's lounge has retired. We always looked forward to seeing him. But Chas was great at the bar. Looking forward to returning next year.

Dear PT,

Thank you for your review and for being our guest. We tried to get Ed to reconsider his retirement, but he is enjoying it too much. I saw him a couple of weeks ago at Zippy Lewis, but this time he was sitting at the bar not standing behind it. He is doing well and we wish him all the best!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Dunes Manor Hotel.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at the Dunes Manor previously, it is a family favorite. I really love all the special touches that make the Dunes Manor unique. However I feel like the hotel is on a downward trend.

Our room was a nice size and adequately furnished. I did enjoy the little balcony and the location cannot be beat. Most of the service was lovely. Unfortunately our first impression this time was entering the hotel while the bellman watched and chatted with his friend. When we went out to get our luggage he again did not offer any assistance. I can carry my own luggage but it would have been nice if he had opened the door! Other than that, the breakfast staff, bar staff, and bellman when we left were wonderful. I enjoyed our breakfasts and loved the pina colada and shrimp salad sandwich I had (which I think is going off the menu). The afternoon tea, free popcorn and nightly piano music make the Dunes special. The little things that worry me are the main room needs a good cleaning and repainting. Lots of scuff marks when you look around. The flowers were lovely but the water in them had not been changed in while. The tea is watered down. Again little things that stand out on such a grand dame of a hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen D

Dear Helen D,

I want to apologize to you for the behavior of our Bellman. We train and expect all of our associates to immediately respond to the needs of our guests. His lack of attention and service is an embarrassment to our team and I.

I would like to answer your question- No, the Dunes Manor is not a “fading lady.” We all believe her best days still lie ahead of her. Last year the room renovations were completed, this year we have updated the amenities with the addition of Starbucks, H2o+, and live plants, just to name a few. Further renovations have been started and are planned.

The comments I receive from the staff and guests’ has been overwhelmingly positive about the upgrades and enhancements. I believe Tripadvisor.com is a perfect example of how our “Lady” is getting better as we have broken out of the 20’s ranking for the first time and are now rated the #2 Hotel in Ocean City (at the time of me writing this, soon to be #1).

I want to thank you for being our guest and I hope you will be back to see how much better our Lady will become.