“Always a Treat!”

Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My sister and I visited the Dunes Manor Hotel a few days ago. Everything was wonderful. The rooms so clean and cheery, the staff so courteous, who could ask for more? I really like the private balcony. The food is always delicious in their Victorian Room. They offer discount coupons for breakfast and dinner. I love the Victorian ambience at this hotel. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: The corner suites are large and sunny. All rooms are oceanfront so really all of the rooms should be...
3  Thank Linda R
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Linda R,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to read comments from our loyal guests that have made the Dunes Manor Hotel their beach home.

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have stayed at a few Hotels at Ocean City. The Dunes Manor is by far the best Hotel. There is not the "chain" hotel atmosphere. There is a really relaxed atmosphere , its almost like you are staying with family or friends that have beach front property. The rooms are clean the beds are ultra comfortable. The balcony is big and every room has a view of the beach. What more can you ask for. 3 blocks away is the beginning of the boardwalk. and the tram station . Or you can walk a few blocks out to the coastal highway and take an air conditioned bus, if you do not want to drive. Very quiet at night.

5  Thank Bill J
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This year new management took over and we didn't care for the tolerance of bare feet and no shirts in the lobby during afternoon tea. Things weren't up to par in as they were in the past. We hope the new management is just getting acclimated to running the hotel but overall it is a lovely hotel.The staff is friendly and the hotel is very clean.

2  Thank deneen j
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear deneen j,

Thank you for sharing your review and for being our guest. I want to assure you that we have not changed our dress code and I must apologize for it not being enforced while you stayed with us. It is very important for us to maintain our traditions and to uphold the decorum that our guests have come to expect.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the Dunes Manor for a dance competition. The hotel was a few blocks from the convention center and right near the boardwalk so a perfect location. The room was spacious and clean and the staff friendly. Restaurant was great and the lobby area very inviting. I loved the deck, with ricking chairs that overlooked the ocean. Food at beach bar was convenient. We will definitely be back!

3  Thank RLCTapmom
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear RLCTapmom,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope your daughter did well in the dance competition. Thank you for being our guest and for your review. We look forward to your next visit to the Dunes Manor Hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Beautiful view beautiful hotel,staff was very pleasant , restaurant and bar staff very nice the service and food was excellent,we also liked the fact that we could park our car and walk or ride the tram,we would stay here again. Lynda and Henry

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view beautiful view
2  Thank Lynda B
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel and its staff went beyond our expectations. It was VERY clean, service was excellent at restaurant and bar. Young men at front door always very nice and helpful. I would stay here again and again.

Bob & Debbie K

Room Tip: We stayed on 8th floor. And we loved it quiet and beautiful sunsets.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie K

Dear Bob & Debbie K,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Dunes Manor Hotel. We are always happy to provide a memorable stay, as we strive to exceed your expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

As we were checking in, there was a guy at the front desk, quite angry, going down a litany of complaints. ruh-roh, thought I, as I overheard ... too much noise, the hot water took 20 minutes to come up, the wireless was non-existent, and he "came here to relax, how the hell am I supposed to relax?"

Dude was way off. I think, personally, he was annoyed because the city was doing some beach restoration at night. It's off season, that is when they do that work. And honestly, it didn't keep me awake at all, and after the first night they were done anyway. The hot water reached the tenth floor within a few seconds, and I had no problem with wireless anywhere in the hotel. I had easy access in the lobby, in my room, by the pool, even outside the hotel up near the boardwalk I still had a strong signal.

Other things about this place that I love -- the bathroom is huge for a beach resort Plenty of room for two people to move around and get ready. A full sized tub with shelves for toiletries, plenty of storage room and great lighting. I wish they had a makeup mirror, but I'm hyper-picky. We had more towels than we knew what to do with.

There was a large closet (8 or so hangers) a working safe big enough for a couple of laptops, jewelry cases and miscellaneous items. The bed was super comfy and there were plenty of pillows. Everything was clean and in excellent shape. There were, I think, 7 large drawers for clothes, etc ... and a table with chairs for dining. A coffee maker and decent sized dorm fridge for water and left-overs.

Every room looks directly over the ocean and there's windows and a door (to a rather roomy balcony) -- if you love the sound of the ocean, even on the tenth floor it was LOUD at night. Loved it. Beautiful ocean breezes all night and that sound ... I slept like the dead.

We never had to wait for an elevator, even though it seemed like the hotel had to be pretty close to full -- there was a convention going on that didn't interfere with our relaxation a bit. We hardly knew they were there.

There's a tea hour with coffee, tea, cookies and crumpets. Crumpets! I love crumpets. :D But really you stay here because of the location -- just a block away from the physical boardwalk, maybe 5 or 6 from the shops and more active areas of the boards. There are some seriously good restaurants within walking distance as well.

The staff could not have been more lovely and the beach and ocean is all you see when you are on the balcony. I can't imagine how they could make it a more enjoyable or relaxing stay. (ok -- we had to hunt several floors before we found a vending machine that was not sold out of water, but eh ... I'm still going 5 stars.)

To the guy who couldn't find enough to complain about ... cheer up. it's the beach!!

• Stayed: May 2014