“The only place we will stay!”

Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“The only place we will stay!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've been staying at the Dunes Manor since 2010 and felt like we found a hidden treasure after staying there for the first time. We always get an oceanfront room and the view is worth it! The hotel is less than a block past the end of the boardwalk with an easy tram ride to all things boardwalk related. Bike rentals are available at the end of the boardwalk every morning. There's none of the noise and activity associated with hotels closer to the pier. The hotel is so charming too! They have tea and crumpets in the afternoon, and piano music in the evenings Wed or Thurs through Sun nights. We've even participated in sing alongs! There's rocking chairs the entire length of the hotel facing the beach. There's popcorn available in the lobby bar, great food at their restaurant, (which also offers seating on the deck), and a nice swimming pool that is half shaded and half in the sun. It's an easy drive to everywhere we choose to go to. Everything is clean and the staff are always accomodating and friendly. We love it here and won't stay anywhere else when we come to OC!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
cleveland
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel from July 27 through August 1. It has been 4 years since we last visited Ocean City and stayed at this hotel. We had a nice stay 4 years ago, but rooms needed updating. The sheets and towels were thin and had holes. The mini fridge did not keep items cold. This visit things have changed for the better. I asked for the same room and to my surprise was able to do so. Our room was very clean. The walls are ceiling have a fresh coat of paint. The new carpet, curtains and tile floor give it that seaside feeling. The linens and towels were all new. The flat screen tv and new furniture add a nice touch to the room. There was also a new microwave and mini fridge that kept my drinks icy cold.The granite countertops and new vanity were a nice addition to the bathroom. It seems like everything was replaced except for the bathtub. While we were there painters were working in the lobby and ballroom. It is nice to see all the changes.

We love staying there because it is a great location. It is at the end of the boardwalk away from all the noise. The staff were very friendly and attentive. From check-in to check-out we enjoyed our stay. I hope management will continue to update this hotel. We are looking forward to our next stay at the Dunes Manor Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank poolbarpirate
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been to almost every hotel in OC, from Hilton to Ambassador Inn. But we found the Dunes Manor in the 1990s, and we've been staying there every year since. Now in 2014, we decided to come back (we already saw the renovation and I even did another review on it), even though in a week we were about to travel overseas. We entered this Victorian style hotel, into a grand stair hall up to the reception. At the front desk, we met a Victorian strict but also very kind man who checked us in to the 6th floor. I told him about my review on TripAdvisor, and he said,"With good reviews people make, the hotel will get friendly people like you and not drunkards who bang the windows and keep people awake. We stayed Friday the 5th to Sunday the 7th. When we saw our room, we knew all the money paid off. The color scheme was relaxing and sea like, with various blues, greens, and whites. And, you know what else, NO MORE COMFORTERS!!!!!! Finally, no more. No other hotel in OCMD has done this yet. Best hotel ever! We go to the beach, where we relax. We went to the arcade and one of the children won a goldfish! He's still alive. Even though the Dunes has a "No Pets" rule, they didn't touch our fish! How sweet. At 3pm, I couldn't miss tea and crumpets as they bring back memories back in the day. Such a refreshing hotel. At around 6:30, we went out to Higgin's, another good crab house, and then we went golfing. When we returned to the hotel, the guests were sitting around the grand piano in the lobby, singing along with Ms. Shirley Toms. For the past five years I have been playing the piano there and I did it again. 2 songs composed by me, and I played them. One of them I composed in my head, because one of the people there was falling asleep and requested for a song to wake him up. And I played, and he woke up. That easy. Nonetheless, Ms. Toms brings back memories with her songs and the elderly's voice, and gives the hotel a very homey feel. The next day, as we exited the beach, we ran into someone in the hotel and apologized, but it was our aunt! What a coincidence. She heard me play piano(I played both nights) and was so happy to hear my playing. The day after, the staff was so kind to let us check out at 12 pm instead of 11 am. We had food at Victorian Room, Zippy Lewis, and Barefoot Bar, even room service. The food was SO GOOD. But filling. Thank you so much Dunes Manor, for bringing us to the sweet heart and best of the best of Ocean City. I will never leave the Dunes and I hope I won't be alive if this hotel closes (God forbid that happens).

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank TravelManiac1998
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was my families first trip to Ocean City and we will go back thanks to the Dunes Manor Hotel. Clean, great location, quiet rooms, nice people, ocean front, great food, friendly, safe, easy parking. I parked the car on Monday morning and never got back in it until we left Friday.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front with unobstructed views so you can't go wrong.
2 Thank mustardplease
Kyle J, General Manager at Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear mustardplease,

We truly appreciate your review and comments. I also want to thank you for being our guest.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Dunes Manor Hotel.

Kindest regards,
Kyle Johnson
New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at Dunes Manor July 20 to 23, 2014. Easy check-in and check-out, very nice, clean lobby. Rooms renovated nicely and have great ocean views. Restaurant is very nice offers pleasant inside and outside seating. Only had breakfast and light lunch there but both were very good. The Victorian concept it nice with afternoon tea offering each day but the "dolls" in the lobby were a little strange! Only negative I have is the pool seems somewhat small for the size of the hotel. It's an indoor/outdoor pool which is nice but the pool deck is very small and the location is not so great either. Luckily we had good weather and spent most time at the beach.
Overall I have to say it is a nice, clean hotel and we had a very nice stay. The price was right in comparison to the other hotels in the area.

3 Thank QuadrupleD
Dear QuadrupleD,

We appreciate your review and compliments. I was glad to read that overall you had a good time during your visit. Thank you for choosing us and look forward to your return.

Kindest regards,
Kyle Johnson
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel. I cannot say enough good things about this place. We are frequent beach travelers and generally rent condos or houses. Our experience here was top notch. The rooms are spacious and clean,not to mention the gorgeous view of the Atlantic. The rooms have a cottage,beachy feel- you forget you are in a hotel room! The best feature for me, was being able to have our windows open to hear the surf, especially at night. The restaurants and bar area were great as well. Plenty of food choices and if you enjoy "boat drinks", they make good ones! The beach was wide and clean too. The only detail I would advise is that the balcony area is narrow and would be unsafe for young children to be unsupervised. The hotel does have signs posted regarding this but it doesn't hurt to know in advance. Oh, and the staff.....wonderful,helpful people who go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We would absolutely stay here again!

4 Thank arubanexperience
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Location, location, location! Literally steps from a great stretch of beach in Ocean City. Great hotel with just a few things that prevent it from receiving 5 dots.

The room was nice but there was a large stain on the carpet, and while the room appeared to have been recently renovated it did not include the tub, which was pockmarked and simply looked dated. The lobby lies on the second floor, and when you enter on the ground floor things appear generally dated. For those traveling with small children, it should be noted they don't provide cribs; fortunately, we brought our own pack n play.

Pretty minor though given the overall quality of the hotel and staff. We stayed on the 8th floor and enjoyed the awesome ocean view, happy hour ran from 4-7 and included $1.75 domestic drafts (did a double take when I found out how cheap the cold beer was), and we loved the expansive open air deck overlooking the Atlantic. We left our balcony door open at night and fell asleep to the waves crashing onto the shore, a natural noisemaker.

Highly recommend, and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family