I have to try to separate my opinions about Ocean City from my opinions about the hotel itself. We went to OC to be with family. I don't really like OC, and I would not recommend OC to a friend as a vacation destination, but if someone were going to OC anyway, this hotel is a reasonable choice. The location is great -- it's right on the beach, just two properties north of the northern end of the boardwalk (the quiet end). So, you can access the boardwalk without having to find a parking space, but you don't have to deal with all the boardwalk-related noise and congestion at your hotel. For swimming, it is a nice stretch of beach. My problem with just about everything in OC is that the prices are extremely high and the facilities are rather crude for what you're paying. The room at the Dunes Manor was very 1980s, with a worn, tired feel. With taxes, we paid about $400 a night for a small suite -- two double beds (not queens) and an old pullout couch in the other room, with one bath and an unappealing little kitchenette. They only have about three months a year of good business in OC, and it shows in the limited investment in the facilities. For that kind of money, you could have a far nicer room in a major NY, LA or DC hotel. At $400 a night, when you're staying in one of the nicest places in town, and the hotel doesn't even provide beach towels, and everything feels worn and sort of cheap, I am not thrilled. But I don't want to single this hotel out for criticism -- it is typical of what I don't like about OC in general, and not unique to this hotel. That's the market in OC. I do applaud the Dunes Manor staff, which seemed more attentive and gracious than most of what I have dealt with in OC. They also see to it that the hotel has more character than most, with a well-known local pianist leading evening sing-alongs in the lobby, complimentary morning coffee, complimentary afternoon tea, and lovely rockers on a veranda overlooking the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dunes Manor Hotel & All Suites properties offer a unique hospitality experience when visiting Ocean City, Maryland. At the Dunes Manor Hotel you will walk through our front doors and be transported back to the gentle days of a bygone era. Truly ocean front, these properties embrace the stunning views with each guest room offering a private balcony and, at the Dunes Manor Hotel, a wide verandah complete with rocking chairs to take it all in. A location second to none, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites properties are the perfect choice for couples, groups and family getaways. Our all-suites property is at the onset of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk and is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, cook-top stove and 46" HDTV. While at the Dunes Suites property, all the amenities at the Dunes Manor Hotel are available for your use including the full service restaurant, The Victorian Room; the indoor/outdoor bar (seasonal) Zippy Lewis Lounge, heated indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. All properties offer complimentary Wi-Fi access and free off street parking. Afternoon Team is served daily at 3:00 pm and is a tradition started by the Hotel's owner and entrepreneur, Thelma Conner back in 1987. Join the staff as they serve the signature tea with cookies and crumpets with genuine hospitality. What a great opportunity to mingle with fellow guests and learn more of the history of Ocean City Maryland. Whether you choose to relax by our heated pool, enjoy the salty ocean air from the outside deck, explore the Boardwalk, shop, dine or visit some of Ocean City's best attractions, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites will help make your dream stay a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Manor Hotel Ocean City
- Hotel Dunes Manor
- Dunes Manor Ocean City Md