My husband and I went to Ocean City for two nights before heading to Virginia to attend a graduation. I wanted something with an ocean view. I priced many hotels located on the Boardwalk. They all seemed quite expensive. This hotel said it was near the Boardwalk. It was indeed. We could see from our balcony that it was just a block or so away.
Our check in was very friendly. We were given a corner room on the 7th floor. The room was clean and the bathroom was bigger than many hotels. After checking out our room, we checked out the rest of the hotel. There is a restaurant right in the hotel and also a bar. Both have inside and outside dining. During the day on peak season there is also a bar on the lower level called the Barefoot bar. There is a pool with a jacuzzi. The pool was busy and we did not get a chance to check it out. With an ocean just a few feet away, who needs a pool? There was also a baby pool there. There was an excercise area that we did not get a chance to see.
We found ourselves eating most of our meals at the hotel as the food was good and prices reasonable. Happy hour with 1/2 price shrimp was excellent. They also have a couple of excellent soups. Tea and cookies are served in the afternoon in the lounge.
The lounge is done in Victorian style. There is a piano there and many comfortable chairs arranged in various sitting areas. There are two performers that play and have you sing along on the piano. This was popular with the senior the night we watched while waiting for our elevator.
There is a convience store just a couple of blocks away. Good place to get your soft drinks as the vending machines there are a nightmare on every floor. They are either broken or have another item other than what you selected. I reported this upon check out and they claim they have no control over it. Pepsi does the vending machines.
Overall, this is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and the hotel has charm. There is no doubt that we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dunes Manor Hotel & All Suites properties offer a unique hospitality experience when visiting Ocean City, Maryland. At the Dunes Manor Hotel you will walk through our front doors and be transported back to the gentle days of a bygone era. Truly ocean front, these properties embrace the stunning views with each guest room offering a private balcony and, at the Dunes Manor Hotel, a wide verandah complete with rocking chairs to take it all in. A location second to none, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites properties are the perfect choice for couples, groups and family getaways. Our all-suites property is at the onset of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk and is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, cook-top stove and 46" HDTV. While at the Dunes Suites property, all the amenities at the Dunes Manor Hotel are available for your use including the full service restaurant, The Victorian Room; the indoor/outdoor bar (seasonal) Zippy Lewis Lounge, heated indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. All properties offer complimentary Wi-Fi access and free off street parking. Afternoon Team is served daily at 3:00 pm and is a tradition started by the Hotel's owner and entrepreneur, Thelma Conner back in 1987. Join the staff as they serve the signature tea with cookies and crumpets with genuine hospitality. What a great opportunity to mingle with fellow guests and learn more of the history of Ocean City Maryland. Whether you choose to relax by our heated pool, enjoy the salty ocean air from the outside deck, explore the Boardwalk, shop, dine or visit some of Ocean City's best attractions, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites will help make your dream stay a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Manor Hotel Ocean City
- Hotel Dunes Manor
- Dunes Manor Ocean City Md