“"We would definitely go back!"”

Holiday Inn Ocean City
Ranked #28 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Highland mills, new york
“"We would definitely go back!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

My family and I stayed for three nights at this hotel and we were very happy with our stay. There was some contruction renovations going on outside the front of the hotel, but we heard no noise. The service was courteous and the room was up-to-date and clean. Our room wasn't an ocean front view but we didn't mind due to the fact it was "off season" and cloudy. The beds were comfortable and the kitchenette was a great help ( especially with heating left overs). There was a game room that kept my teenager entertained and a small, but clean indoor pool. There was also a workout room that was clean and had everything you need to get a good sweat. The Resturant Refections had good food (with both a lite menu and dinner menu). My husband misplaced the car keys and they were waiting for us at the front desk! We would definitely come back!

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor away from the elevators!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KTay333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
philly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

The overall experience was disappointing and not typical of other Holiday Inn stays. Layout of lobby and first two floors is very confusing. The room had an excellent view and balcony but couldn't get the sliding glass door open. Room smelled musty but that is typical of a beach property.
I needed to leave a day early. I went to the front desk early and told the young woman that I wouldn't be staying another night and needed to check out. She brought up my room and said with a smile that I was free to check out anytime...but I was still being charged for the night. The clerk and her manager proceeded to treat me like I was trying to rip them off by wanting money back on a special rate. This conference rate was the same as the online rate on their website. They were turning away customers that were calling in looking for rooms while they lectured me about policy. Nobody can lecture you about policy like a 20 something assistant manager and her team. In the end they did me the favor of refunding the nights stay but made sure I understood I had to be out by 11.
The desk staff was young and inexperienced. The could use coaching on how to handle special requests and that their being right is not always the best thing for the customer or the owners.
I will continue to stay at other Holiday Inn properties, but not at the one in Ocean City.

2 Thank alzsailor
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear alzsailor,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. We are glad a manager was able to resolve your concerns. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manahawkin, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay here over East break. I was concerned about the indoor pool. There was a person pouring granulated clorine in it when there were swimmers in the pool. they looked like 25 bags dumped at a time, 3 times! Can't be good for the body!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank qtdesignz
Jason G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. We are glad you had a good stay. I wanted to address your concern with our pool. We are proud to offer our guest our indoor pool which is a mineral pool. A mineral pool is a salt water pool which through a system we have installed in our pump room a reaction with the salt occurs and creates natural chlorine, rather then the liquid type commonly used in pools. The results are better quality water which is softer and does not have the tradition chemicals in it, but is still treated pool water. What you saw them putting in the pool was 25 lbs bags of salt, perfectly safe for use while swimming. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

What a wonderful experience that our ladies had this past weekend at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront! The hotel was wonderful and the service that we received was excellent!!! From the time that we entered the lobby when we checked in until the time that we exited the lobby when we left, the people of the hotel were great. The were so very helpful and always smiling and friendly. The meals that were prepared for us were delicious and the staff and servers were great! Whatever we needed or wanted was arranged for us. The rooms were great! Plenty of room, clean. All of the details down to the large bowl of fresh fruit in the lobby from the time you got up until the time you went to bed.

I would greatly recommend the Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th Street Ocean City, Maryland

A shout out to Warren Lloyd, Kim Mueller, Keri Kurger, Janet (restaurant manager), Jewels, each of the servers for our meals and to all of the great people at the front counter!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marsha B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was a first-class experience for thirty women of all ages who came together for a time of spiritual refreshment and reflection. Thanks to all of the staff for making it a memorable stay. You're the best.

1 Thank ECOGGG
Dundalk, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was very please and with the staff this has been the first hotelI have been to that the pool has been open till midnight.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I guess a had somewhat higher expectations for this hotel by reading some of the reviews. Although I can’t say that it is a bad hotel, I can’t rate it more than average.
We visited OC in the last weekend of March when the city was hosting a cheerleading competition with thousands of participants. So I can’t comment on the price as it was probably inflated in all hotels because of this event. Here are my impressions:
Positive
- Right in front of the beach – nice!
- Room has a good size for a family of 4 , with 2 double beds and sofa bed
- It has a kitchen (although very small)
- Restaurant is good and has 2 options, fine dining and casual

Negative
- Everything looks old and worn out from hallways and elevators to bathroom and refrigerator
- It’s far from the boardwalk (2.5 miles) and the most picturesque part of the town.
- At the end, as a “thank you” gift for our stay, the hotel refused to extend my check-out time for just 1 hour (I can’t imagine that they would have many new guests arriving on a Sunday afternoon in off-season). They instead tried to sell me another night stay for discounted price.

Overall it was an ok stay. But if returning to OC I would try to stay on a walking distance to the boardwalk and on a newer or recently renovated hotel.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bccam
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear bccam,

Thank you for your recent stay, and feedback. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received, but I am pleased to see you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We are always working to be the best we can be, and feedback like yours will help us to accomplish this. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J